Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

The crux of all this comes down to a request from Supporters Group to price the Champions League games at the same Level as Category A Premier League games. This is despite the demand for the two sets of games being wildly different. The club disagreed. 

The club however kept the price for Category A as easentially the level for Season ticket holders. While pricing the games for non season ticket holders around 25% or £18 more than Category A

Does the urine on your shoes come included in the ticket price, or is it an add on?

and, do you get an actual plastic seat for 97 quid, or just a bit of concrete walkway where there used to be seat?

• Like 1

Part of the problem here is that lately the match day experience at VP (besides the football) is generally not as good as what you'll get at other Champions League teams' stadiums. The facilities leave a lot to be desired, you'll struggle to get a drink/go for a piss at halftime and get back to your seat before the second half kicks off, the service at the kiosks is generally not good enough, the ticketing situation has been a bit of a farce. I think this only makes the cost of the tickets even worse for a lot of people because you're not exactly getting a "premium" experience for a premium price. Yes, you'll see some fantastic football most of the time, but if you're paying not far off £100 for a ticket, you expect that everything else should not be below par.

They've tried to condition us into thinking that the Champions League ticket prices are sensible because other Cat A tickets are X amount - but the problem is those tickets are far too expensive in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

what if NSWE employed heck for a short duration to be the villain that they need him to be?

he often strikes me as someone who they all know will upset the masses and they can keep their distance from but ultimately he's doing their bidding

I'm wondering if this is also another firing salvo to the powers that be over the PSR/SCR rules.

As it goes, its a great way of highlighting that the only way we can compete with the existing champions league scum bags is to charge twice the price they do.

"Oh look what's happened. The fans are revolting (and not just because their shoes are covered in piss), and they don't want to have to be price gouged for us to be able to compete.  Maybe you should change the rules so we don't have to do this?"

Look these are category A matches and you’ve got to expect to pay Cat A prices but the prices for these are Cat A+. It’s a bit greedy I think especially as other bigger clubs are far cheaper . Maybe they are treating it as a novelty because it’s our first time in CL.

15 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I'm wondering if this is also another firing salvo to the powers that be over the PSR/SCR rules.

As it goes, its a great way of highlighting that the only way we can compete with the existing champions league scum bags is to charge twice the price they do.

"Oh look what's happened. The fans are revolting (and not just because their shoes are covered in piss), and they don't want to have to be price gouged for us to be able to compete.  Maybe you should change the rules so we don't have to do this?"

This crossed my mind too - is it an elaborate 'reverse' media stunt to make another point about us being hamstrung?

50 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

how many of the hardest complainers to the tickets price are still going to buy them? 

If you think it’s financially and morally wrong, why would you still buy them? You make good arguments, yet it feels wishy washy when the reality is you’re buying them regardless of what you’re saying. 

This is a fair point. If I was that upset about it I wouldn't go. I think some fans need to accept it's not 'our club'.

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

Imagine being confused by people complaining about the fact it's nearly £400 for 4 football matches.

I can't stand the "you don't have to go, no ones forcing you" line either. This is the football club that I've been following my whole life, season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and I'm really close to being priced out. 

"iT's OpTiOnAl, yOu KnOw?" Get rammed. Boils my piss. 

To play devil's advocate here, we've all been following this football club our whole lives and some people cant afford a season ticket or are otherwise unable to have one. In that respect, you've got it better than most.

So rather than complaining, be happy you get to go to more Villa games than 99.9% of fans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

To play devil's advocate here, we've all been following this football club our whole lives and some people cant afford a season ticket or are otherwise unable to have one. In that respect, you've got it better than most.

So rather than complaining, be happy you get to go to more Villa games than 99.9% of fans.

But can we be worried that this is just a sign of things to come in the future? It's quite clear what road the game is going down. This is just the start.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's precisely why we need governmental oversight, I think it's probably also true that season ticket holders, myself included, have failed to appreciate just how appalling the price for Cat A Premier league games at Villa Park really is.

Yep this - I genuinely can't believe it's £72.50 for a ticket to watch loads of our matches this season for my seat. Having a ST has insulated that from me I guess. It's a shocking price, and I'm amazed that people put up with the absolutely appalling facilities at that sort of price. £72.50 and the lower holte toilets where I am have been flooded >50% of games for the entire last season. I literally have to choose what footwear I'm going to go to the villa in based on what copes best with walking in piss. This isn't a new, one-match thing. I've got emails from Lee Preece from last september regarding it, and it's been brought up at the FAB meeting and they said they'd look into it over summer. They don't care if we have to walk in piss as long as they get that £72.50.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

football is very different from other areas of life/entertainment

Only in the minds of football fans it is. To everyone else, its a business like any other. This is where the delusion of football fans lays.

Taylor Swift or Oasis tickets cost more than some local band playing a shitty venue. The better the product, the more expensive it is. Their fans are even more psychotically loyal than sports fans.

Say you're a big Armani fan. You see a suit you like but its too expensive, do you go into the shop and demand it be cheaper because youve been an Armani fan for decades? No you don't.

This is business whether anyone likes it or not.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Just this line alone should make anyone going with the narrative "it'll sell out anyway/no ones forcing you to go" etc,etc to step back and give their heads a wobble.

There will be thousands of fans who have been going to VP for the last 20+ years, through loads of shit and very little shine, seen us win the grand total of f all, seen us relegated on 17 points and spent a pretty penny buying tickets to often be surrounded by thousands of empty seats and going to many matches where you'd have done well to give your ticket away. Their reward for all that is either having been already priced out or on the verge of being. That disregard for supporters shouldn't be a price any fan should be willing to see paid for success. An advance payment for success by the way because at present our success amounts to a 7th and a 4th place finish.

This is a good post. They don't give a shit about fans that have invested years of their time and money to the club through some pretty miserable times. Many of these fans finally get to see their club in the Champions League yet could be priced out of it.  Pretty sad.

• Like 2