Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What about Liverpool? They could probably charge hundreds and still sell out.  The demand is ridiculous.

They could, they're definitely interesting, guessing they've found what they consider a sweet spot 

But again same as city they've been in this competition for years and know what they can do, it's a shame to say it but we almost look like we're seeing this as a one off opportunity and creaming it while we can 

If we become CL regulars I doubt we will remain so expensive as the demand will drop eventually 

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah there is a cap on away fan tickets set by UEFA.  I think it’s a max of £57.

I think zat meant more their fans getting our tickets 

Ze Germans have seemingly become very good at it 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nobody has to do anything. It's all optional choice for fans. 

If you're not a ST holder you have no cause for complaint. The tickets are slightly more expensive than a Category A and you have no idea if you can even get a ticket anyway such will be the demand. So paying £17.50 more for a zone 3 game to see Bayern Munich instead of say Wolves? 

For ST holders it doesn't seem a coincidence that the average price is essentially the same as a Category A price.

The vast majority of people attending will be season ticket holders paying what was asked for in not being more expensive than a Category A game. 

All seems reasonable imo

Cool, how many will you be attending?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No chance. Will be sold out within hours of being released. If it's true they no longer accept refunds you won't see the odd seat here and there either.

Edit: For Bayern game that is. Others will be interesting to see.

Mmm 🤔… so ill need to get onto the membership scheme now… at the moment i just have a general account.

15 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Our owners really are **** words removed

Yeah screw those guys who have dumped in an insane amount of money into the club to help bring it back to being an enjoyable, competitive PL and European team. I say we demand they sell the club!

54 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Nobody has to do anything. It's all optional choice for fans. 

If you're not a ST holder you have no cause for complaint. The tickets are slightly more expensive than a Category A and you have no idea if you can even get a ticket anyway such will be the demand. So paying £17.50 more for a zone 3 game to see Bayern Munich instead of say Wolves? 

For ST holders it doesn't seem a coincidence that the average price is essentially the same as a Category A price.

The vast majority of people attending will be season ticket holders paying what was asked for in not being more expensive than a Category A game. 

All seems reasonable imo

£70 for a Wolves ticket is outrageous as well though. It's not like that is a reasonable fee.

Have you set up your standing order yet? To just send the club £200-500 a month.

If you can get on and do that, then you can crack on and lecture people about prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Imagine being confused by people complaining about the fact it's nearly £400 for 4 football matches.

I can't stand the "you don't have to go, no ones forcing you" line either. This is the football club that I've been following my whole life, season ticket holder for nearly 20 years and I'm really close to being priced out. 

"iT's OpTiOnAl, yOu KnOw?" Get rammed. Boils my piss. 

I'm not confused by it, it's **** shit

Same as an oasis ticket being £150 was **** shit 

But people will pay it so people will charge it...that's not confusing either 

Well. It was obviously gonna be nearly impossible for me to go but now it is totally impossible as I think I'll be priced out when you factor in travel, hotel, food etc. I am very upset to be honest. Hope everyone who does go has the experience of a lifetime.

Just now, villa4europe said:

I'm not confused by it, it's **** shit

Same as an oasis ticket being £150 was **** shit 

But people will pay it so people will charge it...that's not confusing either 

The "uproar" is confusing some people. 

2 hours ago, jimmygreaves said:

Bollox, the increase in gate receipts will end up being a few million. The same amount clubs haggle over during the transfer of a middling full back.

Match day income isn't where massive gains are to be made.

Never said it was? But by all accounts we were only a few million away from having a points deduction in the summer.

1 hour ago, blunther said:

A few people are saying 'well it's not much more than wolves' completely missing the point that £70+ for a ticket to see Villa vs Wolves is in itself **** obscene.

But the Supporters Trust asked that the CL games be capped at the price of Category A tickets. The club have essentially done that for Season Ticket Holders and on average it's £18 more expensive than Category A for non season ticket holders. 

I'm sorry but getting to see Villa play in CL game at home is a much bigger game than any Premier League game. Wolves or United is irrelevant. It's Bayern and Juventus 

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

The "uproar" is confusing some people. 

To me, it’s not confusing. But my American sports brain is seeing £400 for 4 champions league games and thinking that’s pretty cheap for that level of competition.

• Like 2

how many of the hardest complainers to the tickets price are still going to buy them? 

If you think it’s financially and morally wrong, why would you still buy them? You make good arguments, yet it feels wishy washy when the reality is you’re buying them regardless of what you’re saying.