Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Makes it look like they listened to fans.

Absolutely. It would be great PR if they reduce the prices. I think they will cave, just like they did with the badge.

No chance they want the most exciting hyped games in decades with a cloud over them. There would like be protests/signs inside/outside the ground too. Wouldnt look good.

20 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I didn’t realise they were doing this! Luckily I renew every year but are they looking to put restrictions on this then?

Will there be a chance to get tickets after officially listed you reckon… for eg few days before the match there are tickets which show available here and there

3 minutes ago, turvontour said:

If we do pretty well in this tournament it'll be the same cost as buying an additional season ticket, to put it basically. 

Is that right? Should you have to buy a premier league AND champions league season tickets which are priced at similar costs?

Nobody has to do anything. It's all optional choice for fans. 

If you're not a ST holder you have no cause for complaint. The tickets are slightly more expensive than a Category A and you have no idea if you can even get a ticket anyway such will be the demand. So paying £17.50 more for a zone 3 game to see Bayern Munich instead of say Wolves? 

For ST holders it doesn't seem a coincidence that the average price is essentially the same as a Category A price.

The vast majority of people attending will be season ticket holders paying what was asked for in not being more expensive than a Category A game. 

All seems reasonable imo

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

and you think that demand isnt there in birmingham to see us play bayern?

of course it is

He’s not saying it isn’t there for brum, just stating the facts for london but the demand will be just as high for our match with bayern for sure 

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Will there be a chance to get tickets after officially listed you reckon… for eg few days before the match there are tickets which show available here and there

No chance. Will be sold out within hours of being released. If it's true they no longer accept refunds you won't see the odd seat here and there either.

Edit: For Bayern game that is. Others will be interesting to see.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

29 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's not what I was saying. I was just explaining why London teams ticket prices are more expensive than everywhere else. Arsenal in particular.

Kind of is 

What you're saying is that west ham can use tourists and day trippers to properly up the demand and justify the high prices

Man city conversely charge less for their CL games because the last ten years has told them the demand isn't there 

It's still the basic principle of supply and demand

If villa sells out then nothing will change next year, if they don't then you'd expect a price reduction 

West ham don't charge more purely on the basis of cost of living and London being more expensive in general 

• Like 1

It takes mathematics gymnastics to defend the indefensible here.

It's really this simple. If you can sell a player who hardly kicked a ball for Villa for £19m then an extra £1m per game revenue  for four games for a ticket increase of £20 is basically pennies to them. But it isn't pennies to fans struggling in a tough economic situation. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Kind of is 

What you're saying is that west ham can use tourists and day trippers to properly up the demand and justify the high prices

Man city conversely charge less for their CL games because the last ten years has told them the demand isn't there 

It's still the basic principle of supply and demand

If villa sells out then nothing will change next year, if they don't then you'd expect a price reduction 

West ham don't charge more purely on the basis of cost of living and London being more expensive in general 

What about Liverpool? They could probably charge hundreds and still sell out.  The demand is ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's exactly what I'm saying. West Ham will get people to pay huge prices, not because they're good or even famous. It's just because it's a nice stadium slap bang in the middle of London so a tourists wet dream.

We will probably also charge Bayern full price as well and they will make us look bad in the media and also in the stands

They have done it to Spurs and Arsenal recently

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Hey Everyone!

Stan is pretending he's a man of the people again despite earning 35k a week here being our record signing and barely lifting a finger for years whilst robbing the club blind.

Get in here!

I'll never understand this mentality.

It seems most people on these groups are perfect people and have no skeletons.

Is he going to get judged and persecuted for things like the above for the rest of his life?

Do people evolve and grow?

What exactly is the statute of limitations on judgement... Or is it a lifetime deal?

I mean this across the board not just in Stans case.

I realise social media has crested an era of judge and juror authority from people who knows sod all about the actual humans or their circumstances.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

"Dad, why did you s*** on that woman's head?"

I'm not sure I'd have chosen Vince McMahon to make this point.

I barely know who he is, so I’m assuming a bad gif to use because he’s obviously done something.  Sorry!

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We will probably also charge Bayern full price as well and they will make us look bad in the media and also in the stands

They have done it to Spurs and Arsenal recently

Nah there is a cap on away fan tickets set by UEFA.  I think it’s a max of £57.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I barely know who he is, so I’m assuming a bad gif to use because he’s obviously done something.  Sorry!

🤭 Vince McMahon is the very definition of corporate greed, **** over fans for money 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I wasn't blaming you for posting it - I was criticising the original tweeter for using this as an emotional example.

On August 29th 1992, this man gave me one of my best childhood memories (and not in a Kenneth way) but he has been recently disgraced.

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella
  • Thanks 1