Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I can’t see Chris Heck backtracking on this, however I can see NSWE going over his head and fixing this. 

if they do, then it’s game over for Chris Heck. Last time the owners went over an executive’s head and did their job for them was when Gerrard was fired and Emery was hired. Shortly after Purslow and Lange were shown the side door. 

If that was the case for Heck, then so be it. His tenure hasn’t been spectacular so far. Lots of lies, poor communication, pointless boasting and just not reading the room. 

what if NSWE employed heck for a short duration to be the villain that they need him to be?

he often strikes me as someone who they all know will upset the masses and they can keep their distance from but ultimately he's doing their bidding

Just now, R.Bear said:

That's not what you said though was it. You said he didnt lift a finger and was robbing the club blind. He spent a few months in rehab for depression.

Also, when did he bully people? If you mean when there was a leaked story that Stan wasnt pulling his weight, he confronted everyone in the dressing room and asked who said it and was right to do so.

There's plenty of stories from his Liverpool days and Leicester of him bullying people and generally being a terrible person but this isn't really the forum and I can't be arsed to dispute.

The guy is a real piece of work thank you goodnight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What does that even mean?

How does somebody who sits at home watching games on TV have a say in anything regarding match ticket prices?

The only thing that can alter the pricing is demand, which will be strong unfortunately.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

sorry that’s the most bizarre comment and reasoning I can imagine.   Just can’t engage if that’s your view.

Can you explain why you think it's bizzare? 

Each match scheduled by a club has different relative importance and thus demand than the next. 

Stadium capacity and the specific demand for the games in question are the key factors in the pricing of the tickets. 

Liverpool fans don't care about a home CL game against a pot 3 team Vs a home PL game as they are different in terms of importance. Liverpool fans have CL games every year. 

Just now, villa4europe said:

what if NSWE employed heck for a short duration to be the villain that they need him to be?

he often strikes me as someone who they all know will upset the masses and they can keep their distance from but ultimately he's doing their bidding

You could be right, their motives in the club isn’t exactly virtuous. They’re fatting up the club to sell. And a guy like Chris Heck is essentially chief Fatten the club up man. 

yet in that cynical take, he hast done a great job as yet.  Still early days tho

2 minutes ago, turvontour said:

The only thing that can alter the pricing is demand, which will be strong unfortunately.

Yes, exactly like the Oasis tickets. They hiked the pricing up because people will pay it. And they did, all shows sold out.

All Villa Park CL games will sell out too. The only thing the club will care about now is whether the negative PR outweighs the windfall.

Just now, turvontour said:

What does that even mean?

How does somebody who sits at home watching games on TV have a say in anything regarding match ticket prices?

Because they come on social media defending the price increases whereas the fans going to the games on the whole don’t agree with the price increases.  The non-attending fan like ‘Barry’ makes the argument online that these price hikes may not be unreasonable so outsiders might interpret it as a debate when really the attending fans are pretty much in agreement it stinks…

12 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Can you explain why you think it's bizzare? 

Each match scheduled by a club has different relative importance and thus demand than the next. 

Stadium capacity and the specific demand for the games in question are the key factors in the pricing of the tickets. 

Liverpool fans don't care about a home CL game against a pot 3 team Vs a home PL game as they are different in terms of importance. Liverpool fans have CL games every year. 

Our home games are against Juve, Munich and Celtic which Liverpool fans would care about so it is a bizarre comment because even this season they have Real Madrid and Leverkusen at home.  

With the Liverpool fan base being so much bigger than ours they could easily sell out those equivalent games well over the prices we are charging but they don’t yet we are hence why your comment is bizarre because they have big games which they could charge much more and still sell out but don’t but we have.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

genuinely the surprise for me was that Liverpool and city didn't charge more

I'm guessing city in particular have trouble selling them

and again the shirts being £90, that to me is just what FFP / PSR is, football is a whore and we as fans pay the price for it, its not a villa thing, this is widespread, you see west ham charging £100 to watch us, why wouldnt we charge £90 to watch bayern munich? 

football has gone and its not coming back no matter how much we all moan about it

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

You'll need to buy a membership too - and given the push to restrict people from buying a membership purely for a specific game in order to stop away fans doing it, you might be best buying that as soon as possible.

I didn’t realise they were doing this! Luckily I renew every year but are they looking to put restrictions on this then?

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

you see west ham charging £100 to watch us,

That's just London though. There's a non stop conveyor belt of tourists who visit London and want to see a PL game. All year round. Its no different in other major tourist cities. Tourists will pay anything to get what they want.

10 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

That's just London though. There's a non stop conveyor belt of tourists who visit London and want to see a PL game. All year round. Its no different in other major tourist cities. Tourists will pay anything to get what they want.

and you think that demand isnt there in birmingham to see us play bayern?

of course it is

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

and you think that demand isnt there in birmingham to see us play bayern?

of course it is

That's not what I was saying. I was just explaining why London teams ticket prices are more expensive than everywhere else. Arsenal in particular.

Finally got to the underlying numbers.

So if you are a season ticket holder you are able to get Champions League games in 1888, Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3 for essentially the same price as a Category A Premier League ticket is priced at. 

The average ticket price (1,2,3 and 1888) for Cat A is £77.50 and the Average for ST CL game is £77.50

If you've got a zone 4 season ticket you will be paying £15 more than an equivalent Category A ticket.

So this is what the uproar is about? Are people actually serious? I'm missing something surely. What issue do the vast majority of ST holders have here?

If you are not a season ticket holder the average across the categories is £18 higher for a CL Vs a Category A. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So if you are a season ticket holder you are able to get Champions League games in 1888, Zone 1, Zone 2 and Zone 3 for essentially the same price as a Category A Premier League ticket is priced at. 

The average ticket price (1,2,3 and 1888) for Cat A is £77.50 and the Average for ST CL game is £77.50

If you've got a zone 4 season ticket you will be paying £15 more than an equivalent Category A ticket.

So this is what the uproar is about? Are people actually serious? I'm missing something surely. What issue do the vast majority of ST holders have here?

If you are not a season ticket holder the average across the categories is £18 higher for a CL Vs a Category A. 

It's the principle. They didn't have to raise it beyond a cat A game.  I'm a season ticket holder and don't plan to take kids to these games so doesn't impact me so much personally. 

But it still feels like a shitty move.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we do pretty well in this tournament it'll be the same cost as buying an additional season ticket, to put it basically. 

Is that right? Should you have to buy a premier league AND champions league season tickets which are priced at similar costs?

Edited by turvontour