Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

1 hour ago, Mister_a said:

I think this is a long game from Heck.

He's come out with these ridiculous prices, waiting for the outrage and then he'll come back with 65 quid tickets and everyone will go, 'ah fair enough' which was probably the price he wanted in the first place.

I thought EXACTLY this. I can see the club making a U turn.

• Like 1

The prices are too high but I understand the rationale. The real enemy here IMO is the financial rules. If they weren't there then I guarantee we don't see these kinds of prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

I don't fully understand the logic of some.

I understand being frustrated at the price hikes and obviously we are all struggling to manage finances to some extent in the current climate.

But what exactly do we expect a modern premier league club to do in this scenario? Are people genuinely surprised and enraged at this? Of course they're going to increase prices. We're top four but still not near the top end of most expensive tickets despite having one of the smaller stadia of the top teams. 

I don't get the outrage.

As I mentioned, some of the same people I see outraged at this are also some of the same people who were upset about us not signing more players or selling players and young players. As if they can't see how these things are linked.

For me, you can't be both, you can either accept our limits, understand why they exist, and be pleased. OR you can want the club to be ambitious.

The 13.2 million people have quoted as potential earnings which some are saying is " nothing " could probably have been the difference in signing Geertruida or not as an example.

They are also referencing other clubs like Liverpools prices without acknowledging the small caveat that thos clubs already make double to quadruple plus earnings of what we do in other areas already.

Those are our competitors.

I also assume that small things like the new Bars and lounges will boost these earnings even further for away games and the like.

Yes football is about passion and emotion but not all good business decisions can be made with emotion.

Sometimes you will piss a few people off along the way.

Also, the complete avoidance of the fact that the owners have to greenlight these moves and Heck can't run a dictatorship is bizarre. He's paid to be the blame face 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Also for me it's all or nothing, if I didn't have a season ticket I don't think I'd ever pay £70+ to watch one game of football. 

People with a ST, would you pay £80 to watch one game of football in the PL? 

I think I’m probably in the same boat. 

I’ve been a ST holder for as long as I can remember and my life is set around a routine that when we have a game, I’m there. 

When the times comes that I can longer afford a season ticket that routine will change, and I very much doubt I’ll be paying £70 plus to attend games on a match by match basis. 

So “all or nothing” is probably a fair description on where I am aswell. 

Edited by Colin79
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The prices are too high but I understand the rationale. The real enemy here IMO is the financial rules. If they weren't there then I guarantee we don't see these kinds of prices.

Bollox, the increase in gate receipts will end up being a few million. The same amount clubs haggle over during the transfer of a middling full back.

Match day income isn't where massive gains are to be made.

Edited by jimmygreaves
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

I think I’m probably in the same boat. 

I’ve been a ST holder for as long as I can remember and my life is set around a routine that when we have a game, I’m there. 

When the times comes that I can longer afford a season ticket that routine will change, and I very much doubt I’ll be paying £70 plus to attend games on a match by match basis. 

So “all or nothing” is probably a fair description on where I am aswell. 

I don't think I'd even get a membership tbh, as the idea of paying for an opportunity to pay for something sticks in my craw. Maybe I'd do a GA+ once a season or something, but then that's kind of exactly what Heck wants

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Good work Heck - got us some headlines:

Aston Villa have been accused of being “out of touch” and ignoring a request from their fan advisory board to cap Champions League ticket prices on the club’s return to Europe’s elite. Most supporters are faced with paying between £70 and £97 per home game when the competition returns this month, casting a cloud over their meetings with Bayern Munich, Bologna, Juventus and Celtic at Villa Park

https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/sep/04/champions-league-aston-villa-ticket-prices-supporters-trust

Have seen similar on BBC and other outlets, good branding eh!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChicagoVillan1983 said:

Supply and demand innit. Living in the US I'm used to this crap. Can't get to a Bears game for less than $100 a seat these days and that will have an obscured view.

For a decent game that'll be a lot more.

We have a US CEO - this is nothing to him.

I don't know whether this is a common thing in the US so I can't dispute that. But if it is, then this needs to rightly be called out and prevented from being a common thing here. 

It makes all the more galling that the Premier league have bent over and approved Chelsea selling the 2 hotels to themselves. While villa resort to this to boost revenue. 

It's corrupt, not a level playing field and who pays the price ultimately ? The fans.

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Bayern will sell out but Bologna won't.  I know I'm already going to give the latter a miss.

Celtic will still sellout but now a risk of Villa Park having Celtic fans all around the stadium as they will travel in numbers

27 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

The simple reality is, if Villa Park sells out then he got the CL prices spot on. 

There's no if, all the home games will sell out and there'll be tickets for them on the tout websites for multiple times the face value. 

13 minutes ago, blunther said:

I don't think I'd even get a membership tbh, as the idea of paying for an opportunity to pay for something sticks in my craw. Maybe I'd do a GA+ once a season or something, but then that's kind of exactly what Heck wants

Have loads and loads of people do that five times a season is the aim.

• Like 1