Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

I've booked my flights over for Bayern, around 60 quid return for 2 days. Plus ticket price and other expenses it's an almost 200 quid round trip. For one game. Mad.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

£300 sounds like a lot? £85 for your ticket, don't know how many kids you have but even if you have 3 then that's' still less than £200 for you all

not meaning to sound like a dick...the prices are expensive and villa are rightly getting called out for it...but seeing a lot of sensationalism around and exaggerations such as "it's going to cost £400 to take my kids to a game!" and if villa are going to take the complaints seriously, it's important to keep things sensible...IMO anyway

Ok, I was looking at Zone 1 , where the kids prices are the same. And it £94 not £85.

If I went Zone 2 it would be £154 , (£94 + 2x£30) so not quite as bad.  But its not just that is it ? Getting there, parking, drinks etc.. You're not getting change from £200.. And Id most likely get dragged into the club shop....

Either way, we should not be charging more than Man City.  That bit's quite simple. When we have a 'product' that is comparable or better than Man City, then they can charge more for it.

I'm torn on this. One one hand, if we're charging more than the other PL clubs for CL games then its pretty disgraceful.

On the other hand, this is a business. The club will fill the ground for these games no matter what the prices are. Some football fans still seem to live in a dream world where football is a working class game for working class fans. It isn't and hasn't been for decades. Going to watch sporting events is a luxury, not a right. Just like going to gigs or a fancy restaurant. No-one cares if you're a "loyal fan". There are loyal fans for bands as well but they still have to pay up. I don't understand the "I can afford £70 but not £90 comments either. If you cant afford £90 then you shouldn't be going to a £70 football match then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Tickets don't have to be £100 for us to be a top 4 contender.

We're charging more than Liverpool. More than Newcastle did. More than Arsenal.

It's not a choice that must be made.

Not in agreement with the ticket prices,

Wonder if we would've mirrored their pricing structures had we had their additional 10/20k extra seats? 

5 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've booked my flights over for Bayern, around 60 quid return for 2 days. Plus ticket price and other expenses it's an almost 200 quid round trip. For one game. Mad.

You think £200 is expensive to fly to Germany, watch a top football match and fly back? I'd say that's a great deal. What are you expecting it to cost?

Just now, R.Bear said:

You think £200 is expensive to fly to Germany, watch a top football match and fly back? I'd say that's a great deal. What are you expecting it to cost?

Fly to Germany?

I'm not saying it's super expensive, I can afford it, but it's 200 for essentially a 2 day trip. 

Even removing the flights, someone driving up from London, the costs won't be far off with petrol/parking etc

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Are you taking into account travel, food, drink etc?

£85 for an adult ticket, £40 for an adult train fare and, say,  £8 for food, £14 for drink is £150 for that one person.

well no one is forcing anyone to buy food and drink for a start (i don't the majority of the time) and other modes of transport are available.

7 minutes ago, richp999 said:

Ok, I was looking at Zone 1 , where the kids prices are the same. And it £94 not £85.

If I went Zone 2 it would be £154 , (£94 + 2x£30) so not quite as bad.  But its not just that is it ? Getting there, parking, drinks etc.. You're not getting change from £200.. And Id most likely get dragged into the club shop....

obviously i don''t know your situation regarding travel, and as i said above there are sacrifices that could be made regarding food/drinks etc. i'm not a parent, and i promise i'm not being deliberately contrary, but could a chat with the kids be had along the lines of "tickets are really expensive for this one so i'm afraid we can't go to the club shop today" ?

The club have to be very careful with all this. I'm getting close to breaking point with the way the prices are going, if they get rid of concession prices for kids like a couple of other clubs have done, or bring the family section prices in line with the rest of the stadium, that'll probably be the final straw for me. Also for me it's all or nothing, if I didn't have a season ticket I don't think I'd ever pay £70+ to watch one game of football. 

People with a ST, would you pay £80 to watch one game of football in the PL? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

well no one is forcing anyone to buy food and drink for a start (i don't the majority of the time) and other modes of transport are available.

obviously i don''t know your situation regarding travel, and as i said above there are sacrifices that could be made regarding food/drinks etc. i'm not a parent, and i promise i'm not being deliberately contrary, but could a chat with the kids be had along the lines of "tickets are really expensive for this one so i'm afraid we can't go to the club shop today" ?

As a non season ticket holder, I wouldn’t be getting much change out of £200, if I were to take my son. Big difference to a league game for around £70 for two of us.

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Lol come back when you have kids!

Of course I'd do that, but for me its the *value* for money part, and the taking advantage part.  Fundamentally, we should not be charging more than Man City. 

If that price was £100,£200,£300 a ticket - isn't really my point. When we have a squad as good as City's, and are regularly getting to finals and winning things, and the stadium experience is as good, then we can charge the same as them. Or even more.

As it stands, we are charging 30% more for an inferior product.

Edited by richp999
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Other modes of transport still cost money.  If you're driving, you're parking somewhere and likely paying something too.  And, sure, you don't have to buy food or drink... but most people drink something within a, say, 2 hour period I reckon.  I'd need a water at least... and I can't bring my own into the ground.

The cost of a football match is not simply the ticket price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this is a long game from Heck.

He's come out with these ridiculous prices, waiting for the outrage and then he'll come back with 65 quid tickets and everyone will go, 'ah fair enough' which was probably the price he wanted in the first place.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I don't fully understand the logic of some.

I understand being frustrated at the price hikes and obviously we are all struggling to manage finances to some extent in the current climate.

But what exactly do we expect a modern premier league club to do in this scenario? Are people genuinely surprised and enraged at this? Of course they're going to increase prices. We're top four but still not near the top end of most expensive tickets despite having one of the smaller stadia of the top teams. 

I don't get the outrage.

Have you seen the prices Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal are charging? We unbelievably are more expensive.  It is gouging. 

43 minutes ago, richp999 said:

We shouldn't be charging more than Man City. For a start.

Our ticket prices are going to be roughly the same price as Real Madrid. 

Once we have Mbappe up front and Bellingham in midfield , that'll be fine. 

Until then its like paying double the price for Oasis at Heaton Park, to see Definitely Oasis in the local pub.

But it's opportunistic pricing isn't it as these can be viewed as our biggest games in 40 years. 

Man City know that they're playing Bayern and Juve last season, this season and next season. They wouldn't fill their ground at our prices as theres no novelty to the fixtures for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Empty seats usually means people didn't go to the particular game not that they didn't pay for the seat in question. Going on last seasons attendance in PL (which doesn't count sales just attendance) we only dipped below 41,000 for 2 games and below the 42,000 capacity for 7 more. So for remaining 10 were essentially fully attended. 

So going on attendance alone we never dipped below 96% of full capacity at home to Brighton and that was probably due to the KO time of 12:30 

What % of these games had tickets available for sale on the day is the question in relation to the economics of the club. Not specifically attendance. 

I believe the Season Ticket Waiting list is over 30,000 people which is a huge demand when you consider how many season tickets there are. 

So the disassociation you refer to only really matters economically if that translates into loss of income via ticket sales and there is no evidence at all of that happening based on the available data. 

Everton league cup game at home last season tells you everything you need to know about how much “real” demand there is for non ST tickets when the club takes the piss with pricing. 

You are taking an incredibly narrow view. The clubs decision yesterday cost them nothing re my tickets for the champions league games as I’m sure someone else will take my seat. But it’s cost them 500 quid plus re the money I would have spent on other cup tickets, food, beverage, Christmas and birthday presents. All for the sake of gouging 60 quid over four tickets. 

• Like 1