Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not defending the prices in any way, but is this correct? 

Meant to say England, not UK. But Birmingham has the 5th highest poverty rate of all English local authorities, while the Black Country as a whole has some of the lowest average household incomes in the country. Our core support is drawn from the West Midlands conurbation (despite what the noses might say), which experiences some of the worst poverty, deprivation and social exclusion in the country by any measurement 

11 hours ago, turvontour said:

I've said before a couple of times. They want to get to the point that they're pricing each match like a trip to the theatre or a concert. Which obviously most normal people can attend a couple of times a year. 

Indeed.

In 5 years season tickets won't exist.

3 hours ago, chips'ngravy said:

As OBE says, it amounts to an extra 2.5m. ....the equivalent of a player on 50k a week, which these days is basically squad filler. If we're that desperate to balance the books then either get rid of a couple of such players or don't sign them in the first place. But I don't think it's about that anyway. It's clear to me that their ultimate goal is an American sports type ticketing model that turns Premier League football matches into an ever more exclusive 'experience'. This is only the beginning, it's being taken out of the reach of the everyday person and at best the likes of Heck don't mind that at all.

Problem is when we can't sign player a or b in the summer or sell Watkins or Martinez, they will say, well we tried to increase revenue for psr through ticket pricing, and you complained so we dropped prices. You can't have your cake and eat it, will be Heck's view of the fans.

Not my view of course. It's football in 2024. The players are assets on a psr ledger.

The "fans" are basically no longer required. They want single game experience seeking people paying cat a or ga+ price.

Poor me paying peasant prices in T5 isn't wanted. The toilets tell me that.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

I get that the club must be torn and limited on how they can increase matchday revenue. If we don’t want a new stadium they have to do something to increase match day revenue. Football as we know it died long ago. This will just be a small step further. As other posters have said it won’t be long until season tickets are gone because there so little profit for the club. 

I’ve been reading on VT a bit of Villa confidence and cockiness about facing Young Boys. That’s great. I like. I don’t know much about them, but they look more difficult to me than I feel like their apparent rep here suggests. Don’t we want to be a little bit worried? 😆

At the risk of a Swiss football cliché, they’re very precise. I can see them giving us a lot of problems.  And do their ultras yodel? 😂

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

It’s pretty **** grim reading all the people defending it because of PSR.

what a time to be a football fan. 

Totally agree mate. 

Bootlickers trying to justify the indefensible. At the very least the business (I refuse to call them a club anymore) has shown that it has no idea how to engage respectfully with the vast majority of its most loyal customers (I won’t be calling us fans going forward either).

Cant wait for the 150th anniversary videos talking about how amazing the customers that are being fleeced are etc etc. It’s absolutely nauseating and beyond amateurish in execution. 

I’m coming to England after Christmas and into the new year to hopefully catch a couple of Villa games including Champions League.

Always found it really difficult to get tickets to games when in England, but the current process will make it most likely easier to buy tickets.

I look at the big sports in Australia ie State of Origin and you can pay from $74 up to $280. A lot of musical concerts can be $150 to $300 per ticket.

The Champions League tickets at Villa Park will cost me $200 Australian and for me the opportunity to experience something which is rare and something I will remember.

In the Championship play off game at Wembley I couldn’t buy a ticket from the club so I had to go through the Wembley Stadium to buy a ticket that cost me $680 Australian.

I understand the disappointment of Villa fans in regards to the costs a lot of people are doing it tough all round the world. However there are also a lot of Villa fans around the world who are just as passionate, see getting tickets to these games just a little bit easier and are willing to pay the extra costs for the experience.

I don’t agree with the costs for the CL tickets, it could be a little easier for supporters, especially children. No matter what the club does there is going to be criticism, and apparently this was the best way forward rather than expanding the stadium.

I don’t agree, but it’s what the club have chosen to do, I just hope they don’t lose what makes the club special in the process.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Problem is when we can't sign player a or b in the summer or sell Watkins or Martinez, they will say, well we tried to increase revenue for psr through ticket pricing, and you complained so we dropped prices. You can't have your cake and eat it, will be Heck's view of the fans.

Not my view of course. It's football in 2024. The players are assets on a psr ledger.

The "fans" are basically no longer required. They want single game experience seeking people paying cat a or ga+ price.

Poor me paying peasant prices in T5 isn't wanted. The toilets tell me that.

We sold Kellyman for £19m. How much we sell Archer for, twice? Surely we have an academy graduate we can sell next summer?

As I said yesterday, an extra £20 per head may generate let's say an extra £4m for the club. That is a marginal gain for the club but it is a big kick in the balls for the average fan. It stinks.

Oh, and it comes once more under the remit of a man who seems to get a kick out of pissing off the fanbase. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2

So it's going to cost roughly double to watch villa in the champions league than it does to watch man city in a similar fixture. 

How is anyone affording this? 

I think I'm earning decent money, but I can't justify taking the kids and dropping £300 on a football match... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Tickets don't have to be £100 for us to be a top 4 contender.

We're charging more than Liverpool. More than Newcastle did. More than Arsenal.

It's not a choice that must be made.

We are charging double man city. And last time I looked, we don't have haaland up front. 

2 hours ago, sne said:

I imagine our owners have a lot of good will and faith in the bank after all the good they have done since they bought the clubs while Heck has made himself and his person front and center for a number of unpopular decisions in the short time he's been here. His style of communication or the lack thereof certainly isn't helping him.

But don't worry, when/if the results on the pitch are no longer covering for the negative stuff the owners will also be called out on the off pitch stuff. I imagine Heck will move on at that time.

Heck has taken the shine off following villa at a time when things have been glorious on the pitch.

The media reaction to the latest cock up suggests he has got this one badly, badly wrong  and, as I have suspected for a while now, he's going about it badly despite the absolute strenuous efforts of his fanboys here to defend everything he does.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Yesterday having gulped at the prices I thought that I would only go to the Bayern and Juventus games as two adults and travel would cost me £250 a match, having slept on it i've decided not to go to any of the four games as it's taking the piss out of fans loyalty. I can afford to go but the club are starting to alienate me with the take take take attitude and I feel the steep hike is unjustified. Last season the European games were well priced which created a fantastic atmosphere and experience and I'll miss that but at least I can sit in comfort at home watching it on the box not having to queue for a drink or stand on piss flooded floors at half time.

Fair play. Similar situation here that I can afford it, but don’t like having the piss taken out of me. The state of the toilets and stuff over the last year shows what the owners think of fans like me that went through thick and thin under Lambert, McLeish and Bruce. My little protest is that I’ll go to the Bayern Munich match just to tick the Champions League box, but the club isn’t getting another penny out of me this year. Not buying the top that I fancied, will stay in the pub and rock up just before kick off rather than have a couple of pints in the ground before the match, and I’ll sit and watch any cup matches at home. When we’re shit again and they’re begging for fans like us to come back they can stick it up their arse. 

• Like 2