Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

There's no way these prices will change in my opinion.

The club may attempt to help its reputation (especially in the eyes of potential future sponsors) by offering some sort of gift/freebie at the games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We argued at the FAB meeting that the club should cap the price at a standard Cat A game.

I think the relative qualities of billionaires are irrelevant here - they can't put that money into the club and it's not like we're paupers, the combined wealth of our ownership group makes us one of the ten richest clubs in world football - we don't need to price gouge our customer base for what are in real terms marginal gains at the expense of our reputation.

Firstly I want to thank you for all the work you do on behalf of us Villa fans - I did‘nt  mean it to come across as an aggressive question or any disrespect btw!

I don’t see it though as price gouging and also these marginal gains across the board add up against the ever tightening SCR reducing year on year. As I said earlier £1per minute to watch us live in the champions league isn’t grossly out of kilter with modern football finances. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thabucks said:

As I said earlier £1per minute to watch us live in the champions league isn’t grossly out of kilter with modern football finances  

But it is

44 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Exactly this. I just bought tickets to the Wolves game and they cost a small fortune so I’m actually pleasantly surprised at these prices for the likes of Bayern and Juve. 

I did the same thing, I've paid almost £75 to watch us play Wolves and for not much more I could see us play Bayern. The outrage should have been when the Cat A prices were revealed before the season, these CL ones look value when compared to a Wolves ticket IMO.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

150th anniversary. Everything on the up & up. Do the right thing Villa.

People would swallow even £75 (STH£65)

Hide contents

That is fantastic.

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's no way these prices will change in my opinion.

The club may attempt to help its reputation (especially in the eyes of potential future sponsors) by offering some sort of gift/freebie at the games.

I reckon they'll drop them to CAT A game prices and say something like 'after listening to fans'...

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's mainstream.

They'll review the prices by this time next week and reduce. Chris Heck has shown in the past what a little ball less word removed he is.

I doubt it. It will disappear as a news item in a couple of days, and us lot will grumble and either pay or only go to 2 or 3 of the games instead.

Devil's advocate here. Make no mistake we are in it to win it . Ultimately if you want to blame anyone for this pricing then Emery is as good a place to start because of his ambition. His ambition to bring success to Villa is the root cause of this.  The owners vision to be dining at the top table is the root cause of this . 

They haven't taken the view that the system is rigged and we are only little old Villa so we might as well just enjoy the nights . Nope, we are in it to try and win the thing. He got to a semi with Villareal of all teams. 

Liverpool pricing is a result of the fact that 15000 more tickets are available in their stadium than ours.  And they still only managed to buy one player this season that they will use.  The perennially injured but talented Chiesa. 

Don't blame the board for wanting to be successful. Why do you think we are getting so much transparency at the moment with regards PSR . Why are they explaining how restrictive it is. ? 

Why did we try and bring in new rules for losses in the summer but the other prem teams rejected it? To try and make it fairer on us. 

If you think that if we had an even playing field with other clubs , that we would price our tickets this high then that's were the words like disgrace come into it. 

The pricing is what it is. It's not lining the pockets of the owners. If you want us to still be little old Villa , just happy to be in the Prem, then these prices could be considered a disgrace. 

If you want us to try and get out the group stages and go as deep as possible in the competition then accept we have to do things we shouldn't have to for the good of being competitive. 

I was priced out of football a long time ago now. Other commitments and overheads.  Many more of us will be priced out with today's announcements.  But they will be filled with others that can afford it. 

It's siht. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Presumably you think Liverpool, Man Utd are foolish for not selling every seat every game for £400?

That would sell out.

Yeah but those clubs also have sponsors for absolutely everything down to anal beads.

Humongous worldwide fan bases and income which shits all over ours so they don't need to.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Devil's advocate here. Make no mistake we are in it to win it . Ultimately if you want to blame anyone for this pricing then Emery is as good a place to start because of his ambition. His ambition to bring success to Villa is the root cause of this.  The owners vision to be dining at the top table is the root cause of this . 

They haven't taken the view that the system is rigged and we are only little old Villa so we might as well just enjoy the nights . Nope, we are in it to try and win the thing. He got to a semi with Villareal of all teams. 

Liverpool pricing is a result of the fact that 15000 more tickets are available in their stadium than ours.  And they still only managed to buy one player this season that they will use.  The perennially injured but talented Chiesa. 

Don't blame the board for wanting to be successful. Why do you think we are getting so much transparency at the moment with regards PSR . Why are they explaining how restrictive it is. ? 

Why did we try and bring in new rules for losses in the summer but the other prem teams rejected it? To try and make it fairer on us. 

If you think that if we had an even playing field with other clubs , that we would price our tickets this high then that's were the words like disgrace come into it. 

The pricing is what it is. It's not lining the pockets of the owners. If you want us to still be little old Villa , just happy to be in the Prem, then these prices could be considered a disgrace. 

If you want us to try and get out the group stages and go as deep as possible in the competition then accept we have to do things we shouldn't have to for the good of being competitive. 

I was priced out of football a long time ago now. Other commitments and overheads.  Many more of us will be priced out with today's announcements.  But they will be filled with others that can afford it. 

It's siht. 

Emery OUT now! 

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

They could sell these games out at £200 a ticket, the demand will be there for them. If we got into the CL for a few years on the bounce then they would start to struggle at what they have currently set. You only need to look at Man City now, you can get tickets on the day for any of their games.

What is even more likely is people pay up now for the CL and when we are back in the Europa or Conference league they are going to have to shift them back down to £30, which I doubt Heck will do. He will be left scratching his head why the ground is half empty when we play Trabzonspor at home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It's siht. 

All true but they could have met fans half way and just cap it as Cat A game. Is the few extra million they will make worth the bad publicity and pissing off a lot of fans.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

9 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I did the same thing, I've paid almost £75 to watch us play Wolves and for not much more I could see us play Bayern. The outrage should have been when the Cat A prices were revealed before the season, these CL ones look value when compared to a Wolves ticket IMO.

Completely agree with you! 👍

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

All true but they could have met fans half way and just cap it as Cat A game. Is the few extra million they will make worth the bad public and pissing off a lot of fans.

Heck doesn't meet fans halfway. And I am glad he doesn't. He will be gone in 2 years

Hated by the fans and lauded by the board. For hopefully bringing the revenue streams that gave us success. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah but those clubs also have sponsors for absolutely everything down to anal beads.

Humongous worldwide fan bases and income which shits all over ours so they don't need to.

Ah so you're saying it's about making money through sponsorship? Not ticket prices?

Can someone tell Aston Villa please. Chris Heck must have bumped his head while scouting round Villa Park for more desolate areas to put new bars in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

It's siht. 

It's not even like our owners are Glazers types who make any money off of us 

Any money would be to go back into the club.

So I'm not sure if " greed is anywhere near a fair accusation.

Why wasn't VP packed when we were in the Championship by all the "die hards " ?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3