Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

It’s just dawned on me as well that the Bayern and Bologna games are 3 weeks apart, coming out of the same pay for many people. That will make it even harder to justify the additional cost for the Bologna game imo. 

Abhorrent and mainly because it does hardly anything for PSR.They sold the fanbase down the river for a measly 2m quid (15 quid premium on 35k tickets over 4 home games).

They did this without a second thought because they didn’t care. The Monchi/Vidagny article yesterday makes it blatantly obvious they think we’re idiots as well. 

I’m upset because I genuinely thought our club was different- obviously, i was naive. 

I have a season ticket and I can afford the tickets but I won’t be spending a single penny on any additional Villa merch, food or drink this season and I won’t be going to any champions league matches. They can stick it.

Heck tried to pull a mini version of this shit last year with the pricing v Everton last year in the league cup but obviously didn’t learn his lesson. Fans need to mass boycott the first home cup game in the league cup or fa cup and publicly embarrass the club and maybe they’ll think twice about trying to take the piss out of us again. 

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

If he's wrong then it won't sell out, I have a feeling it will sell out for everyone of those games. I'm ready to pay for our success. 

As an overseas fan I'll pay it but it's more of a " once in a lifetime ' type thing for me.

I think the concern is the regular and loyal fan at VP and away.

I kinda get both sides if I'm honest.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

I guess then  I’m lucky that I can easily afford these prices but should I  feel guilty for being able to. Should I then also feel pity for those who cannot? It’s not great but also again it’s a price many fans can and are willing to pay to see us compete in the champions league. 

• Like 1

Keep in mind, whilst I hope not… it might be a one off until we see ourselves qualify for the champions league on a regular basis. So I get that they are taking advantage. It’s very expensive, of course it is, but I feel like the club HAVE to go for it to get those revenues up and give us the best chance of competing. Our Fans will go and support the team in their thousands. For many it will be the first time they get to see us play in the elite tier of European football. And for some, it might be the only chance they get - so I expect full attendances for each of those home games. The players need the support! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

The games will sell out no issues so the pricing isn't off in terms of supply and demand nowhere near. 

Presumably you think Liverpool, Man Utd are foolish for not selling every seat every game for £400?

That would sell out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MadridVilla said:

It’s just dawned on me as well that the Bayern and Bologna games are 3 weeks apart, coming out of the same pay for many people. That will make it even harder to justify the additional cost for the Bologna game imo. 

Any people who need to be spending their last amount of a month's pay to go to a football match shouldn't be doing that. It's just entertainment, they should be more responsible ffs. They shouldn't be going to games they should be more responsible with their money.  

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Any people who need to be spending their last amount of a month's pay to go to a football match shouldn't be doing that. It's just entertainment, they should be more responsible ffs. They shouldn't be going to games they should be more responsible with their money.  

That’s not even close to what he said.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Trying to compare ticket prices to the clubs like Liverpool and City who find the group stages of the CL a boredom they have to go through before the real games in the knockout phases isn't the right comparison. 

Newcastle okay?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Not quite my point. People will want to go but the cash flow issue might prevent them. That would be an issue at any price given the scheduling, but it will affect a lot more people with the prices as they are. A family buying multiple tickets per game might not afford to spend £500 in a given month to watch two games of football. 

• Like 1

Again will say its sad fans are priced out but what did you expect truthfully ? That the club would do you a favour and not raise prices by a not unreasonable amount for ST holders.

Do you think if we weren’t hamstrung by restrictive PSR & SCR that they’d be charging these amounts ? Do you want a competitive  Villa battling against the established clubs or are you happy with fighting for tenth?

And this nonsense about greed is laughable - where do you think this money goes as it’s nit into NSWE pocket it goes back into the club. 

• Like 3

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

£55.00

And ? Were not Newcastle our billionaire owners are small fry in comparison to theirs - how does it matter what they chose to charge last season ? We aren’t going to be charging that amount for tickets so why bring it up - did you argue at the FAB meetings that’s what fans expected 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Again will say its sad fans are priced out but what did you expect truthfully ? That the club would do you a favour and not raise prices by a not unreasonable amount for ST holders.

Do you think if we weren’t hamstrung by restrictive PSR & SCR that they’d be charging these amounts ? Do you want a competitive  Villa battling against the established clubs or are you happy with fighting for tenth?

And this nonsense about greed is laughable - where do you think this money goes as it’s nit into NSWE pocket it goes back into the club. 

Eventually it will. NWSE bought when when we are an utter basket case and got us for a very good firesale price. They have done a brilliant job in turning Villa round, and the value of the club muste have rocketed. When they do sell up it will be for a good profit. They are hard headed businessman, they didn't buy Villa to be cuddly and friendly with us plebs.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 4