Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

They know people will pay it, the stadium will be full I guarantee it. They aren’t considering the human aspect of it, just what’s the most they can get away with.

Disrespectful, did not expect that from the Villa, to be honest.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Yet another bollocks decision from the people running this club. Every single one of them couldn’t give a single **** about us fans. 

More and more evident sadly. 

They really don’t need to be that expensive. Ok don’t sell them too cheap either because that’s just not good business, but Jesus wept that’s a lot of money . Bit of an own goal I think because we’ll struggle to sell out at those prices especially Bologna game . Trying to attract a new fan that won’t be there if we go to shit again . 

• Like 1

Irrespective of how accurate the comparisons are with the others, this level of pricing is verging on gouging. In some ways it is worse, as supporters are the classic captive audience. It basically proves that Heck (and the owners?) have no affinity with the fans (or respect?) and intend to milk us for as much as possible, when arguably they should be rewarding us in some way. I seriously feel, that Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City have more respect for their supporters.

I am very lucky that through my business I am able to afford two Trinity hospitality seasonal memberships but even they have been increased in excess of 40% and I am expecting the CL hospitality ticket prices to be stratospheric. As I’ve said I can afford it but I do not like being ripped off and am annoyed for all the ordinary supporters who cannot afford it. I accept hospitality prices are very much about supply and demand but I not looking forward to seeing loads of Johnny come latelys.

• Like 1

As an absolute bare minimum , the club should offer the first cup home cup game to be free for all season ticket holders, and anyone who will buy at least one champs league game. They could charge nothing for those games even the amount of cash they are coining it for these games.

• Like 1

Another to add to the list of off pitch decisions that demonstrate where the club is heading. Billionaires don’t become billionaires by caring about your average person. Football used to be about your average person. Not any more. Very sad state of affairs. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, lainux said:

Chris Heck has alot to answer for here, with these prices he is looking to attract tourist glory hunter fans rather than the loyal fans. I'm in a lucky position where I don't yer have a family and go by myself as a season ticket holder. But for families and pensioners it's just not right!

Well sadly not. He has been brought in clearly for one thing only and that is a maximum hike in all revenues including match day prices. And if you don't like it go swivel.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Another to add to the list of off pitch decisions that demonstrate where the club is heading. Billionaires don’t become billionaires by caring about your average person. Football used to be about your average person. Not any more. Very sad state of affairs. 

This isn't money being taken off the fans and given to the owners though. It'll stay within the club.

I don't even know what is it for because it doesn't fix PSR. It barely touches it.

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Tickets for Wolves are £60-80, were people not expecting this? I thought it would be more

Exactly this. I just bought tickets to the Wolves game and they cost a small fortune so I’m actually pleasantly surprised at these prices for the likes of Bayern and Juve. 

Trying to compare ticket prices to the clubs like Liverpool and City who find the group stages of the CL a boredom they have to go through before the real games in the knockout phases isn't the right comparison. 

Aston Villa have to generate money for PSR, signings and wages etc, but their #UCL ticketing strategy is iniquitous. Some games are £1 a minute. A lot of clubs raise ticket prices atm but this looks sheer opportunistic greed. It will alienate loyal fans who’ve been behind the team through thick and thin. It will affect the atmosphere. It will stop those fans pushed to the limit from spending at the concessions. Returning to Europe's elite competition should be a time of celebration for Villa fans, not worrying about the cost and whether your club actually cares for you. So much is right about Villa atm, manager, team, etc. But this is a huge own goal by the Board. Read the room. Listen to your fans. #AVFC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Trying to compare ticket prices to the clubs like Liverpool and City who find the group stages of the CL a boredom they have to go through before the real games in the knockout phases isn't the right comparison. 

Ok, if I say I find the CL league games boring, can I get a reasonable price?  Of course it’s the right comparison.

Has anyone worked out how to turn off the auto purchase for Champions League games?  Perhaps it’s a case of phoning or emailing the ticket office.  I don’t want a non-refundable ticket if it transpires I cannot go.  I hope to go to them all, but that’s not the point.  The removal of refunds is quite an aggressive position for the club to take given historic practice.

Just now, Stephen_Evans said:

Has anyone worked out how to turn off the auto purchase for Champions League games?  Perhaps it’s a case of phoning or emailing the ticket office.  I don’t want a non-refundable ticket if it transpires I cannot go.  I hope to go to them all, but that’s not the point.  The removal of refunds is quite an aggressive position for the club to take given historic practice.

Have to call the ticket office yep

So season ticket holders in Zones 1 and 2 pay £79 and people are in uproar? I think the games would sell out at every ticket priced at over £100 no problem at all. The demand for these are absolutely off the charts.

There are 4 games. £79 a game isn't crazy pricing. Seems high end of reasonable tbh. The games will sell out no issues so the pricing isn't off in terms of supply and demand nowhere near. 

• Like 2