Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

Just now, ender4 said:

I think it was 13 years ago to try and attract people to fill the stadium they had a bundle offer of 3 PL games for £30. The 3 games were Chelsea, Spurs and some lower team. 

£10 for an adult ticket against a couple of the biggest teams at the time. 

When i gave up my season ticket due to childbirth they were literally begging me to have one in P somewhere for about £200-£250. Wouldn't get much for that now

9 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

To put those prices (and the rises in general) into perspective. 3/4yrs ago i was paying £420 for my ST in K7

These 4 CL games will cost close to that for non ST holders. 

It’s scandalous

Yep, and those days aren't coming back. As in cheap tickets, but also Championship football. I think it is even more painful for us as for years we were cheap as we hardly ever sold out and now we catching up the elite teams in pricing in a same of about 3 years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I can only speak for myself but immediately on joining the club he started making unpopular decisions disregarding the clearly settled position between club and fans.  He puts himself out there as the branding guru, is all over the good news and never to be seen when there is a cock up. He also has an interesting relationship with the truth!

I just want to make sure he is held to account as he is making decisions that will impact us (hold us back?) After he is gone. 

I guess I had this notion when Heck was hired that Villa were going to be a bit more expertly branded in "VillAmerican" ways here in North America at least, and I'm admittedly impatient about that, but I just don't see it. Last year's preseason approach, for example, was a million times more effective in promoting the brand here. This immediately past summer's presason was a joke, IMO. In some ways, Villa actually came across as worse for the wear -- just in terms of marketing, mind you. Who wants to see the club who got their arses beat by Columbus Crew and Club America? No one?

Chris Heck has alot to answer for here, with these prices he is looking to attract tourist glory hunter fans rather than the loyal fans. I'm in a lucky position where I don't yer have a family and go by myself as a season ticket holder. But for families and pensioners it's just not right!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, claretman said:

Unfortunately this season the demand will be there irrespective of price. 

It'll be interesting if we qualify again next year and our first two games are Crvena Zvezda and Sturm Graz for example.

I think the ticket prices will quickly reduce, as per the Man City and Liverpool examples above.

It could be the only time for a while we play the likes of Bayern and Juve.

It's opportunistic pricing.

Edited by turvontour

50 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:
1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Yeah which doesn’t come from match day tickets.

Isn't this the gap we are trying to make up though?

Not really at all, the material revenue steps up don’t come from match day ticket revenue, it comes from wider commercial opportunities.  GA attendance match day revenue is a small part of revenue and percentage increases aren’t that material at all to revenue but huge for the individual fan. I think gate receipts at the y/e ‘23 was about 8-9% of revenue from memory.

7 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Quite literally for some - the money will just be taken out of their accounts

Yeah you should never tick that box

I'd love to make a stand against this but I've dreamed of the club being in the CL my whole life so I can't pass up to chance to finally see it.

I wish I could, because this is a disgrace.

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love to go, so would my son. But 2 “cheap” tickets is £160, plus parking, petrol, snack, drink, programme… it’s £200 for a couple of hours (plus probably an hour either side in traffic) to watch something which is live on TV at home. I just can’t justify that which is gutting.

crazy... do you think they are trying to bank on nostalgia ("when are they going to see CL at VP again?") or are they just distanced from reality?

33 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

There you go. You can't dispute that.

"Average" price is difficult to ascertain - our average price won't be £91 - no season ticket holder will be paying that.

I mean the prices are very high and it's got us some terrible press, but I'm not sure I can agree with those numbers.

• Like 1

Just now, slovenian said:

crazy... do you think they are trying to bank on nostalgia ("when are they going to see CL at VP again?") or are they just distanced from reality?

I think they have just calculated a price point at which the stadium is full at the maximum price.  Pure statistical calc I’m assuming!

12 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

They already have made a statement by releasing the ticket prices.

The only statement they need to make is if they're going to backtrack on them.

They will have empty seats on the lesser CL games.

Me with my devils advocate hat on

Not a fan of this stategy but it comes from the top…we love how we’ve progressed under these owners and with the class manager we have

However, this is a business…what’s a business all about…growing and making more money and growing some more

Hat off…

I don’t agree with all of this stategy as it’s short term thinking when it comes to fans 

We’ll always be loyal and love the club as it is our passion, but in the end money will dictate 

What games loyal fans will be able to go to will depend on finances…and then they’ll talk about where the atmosphere has gone

Unfortunately it’s where football is going…dynamic ticket pricing next, just look at the Oasis fiasco

Fair play to Dan Bardell on 1874 podcast, absolutely spot on

UTV

VTID

💜🩵

Edited by Vincenzo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I think they have just calculated a price point at which the stadium is full at the maximum price.  Pure statistical calc I’m assuming!

it would be a disgrace to see empty seats at this level... but then again, f**k those prices

5 hours ago, TDR V2 said:

Not 30% more than Cat A, if you think these are acceptable and we should all bend over without question then you are part of the problem. Nothing personal to you though,  just the comment

I don't think anyone thinks it's acceptable, it's just everything the club have done for months makes this no suprise. 

• Like 1

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

They will have empty seats on the lesser CL games.

I don't think they will.

You'll have about 70% of the fanbase that will go to every home game, no matter what. Then the other 30% will be different people picking and choosing which games to go to, everyone trying to get 'their' game in the CL. Everyone with a season ticket will go to Bayern & Juventus at home, I can almost guarantee you that.

6 minutes ago, slovenian said:

They know people will pay it, the stadium will be full I guarantee it. They aren’t considering the human aspect of it, just what’s the most they can get away with.

2 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

However, this is a business…what’s a business all about…growing and making more money and growing some more

My grandfather firmly believed that the purpose of a company was to provide a useful product or service to a community and meaningful employment to members of that community.

I think he had it right.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I don't think they will.

You'll have about 70% of the fanbase that will go to every home game, no matter what. Then the other 30% will be different people picking and choosing which games to go to, everyone trying to get 'their' game in the CL. Everyone with a season ticket will go to Bayern & Juventus at home, I can almost guarantee you that.

I know Juve and Bayern will be sold out, but what about Bologna on rainy Tuesday night for £85? Or Celtic in January, especially if at that point we are definitely out or in the next round?