Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

At what point do fans take a stand, whilst we pay these prices they will keep going up. I’m all for wanting to progress but let’s be honest match day tickets prices aren’t  going to solve our PSR issues. I’m fortunate that I can afford these prices but I have plenty of family and friends who can’t. I go to games for the social aspect as much as I do for the game. If my mates and family aren’t going I don’t think I will bother either. 

3 minutes ago, WHY said:

At what point do fans take a stand, whilst we pay these prices they will keep going up. I’m all for wanting to progress but let’s be honest match day tickets prices aren’t  going to solve our PSR issues. I’m fortunate that I can afford these prices but I have plenty of family and friends who can’t. I go to games for the social aspect as much as I do for the game. If my mates and family aren’t going I don’t think I will bother either. 

I'm taking one. I can afford the prices but I'm not paying that. I'm not being taken the piss out of by some stumpy little dwarf.

They can have their champions league. It's my club or my competition.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe this is the plan. Replace the fanbase. 

Here we come.

giphy.gif

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

Really disappointed with Villa for this pricing. 

Doesn't affect me directly, but I do worry it's symptomatic of Villa's weakness in making commercial and branding inroads outside the UK? If the cash cow of match-day sales is being squeezed so hard, why? It's a discussion for a different thread, but I don't see much indication of Villa trying new ways to market itself abroad. Perhaps I'm missing some things.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I’d love to go, so would my son. But 2 “cheap” tickets is £160, plus parking, petrol, snack, drink, programme… it’s £200 for a couple of hours (plus probably an hour either side in traffic) to watch something which is live on TV at home. I just can’t justify that which is gutting.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in a lot of ways it's a problem that perhaps didn't need to be a problem - there's an increasing lack of goodwill from supporters to the management group, which whilst it hasn't reached the owners does put a little bit of a shadow on that relationship. Of course there's also an enormous sense of excitement and joy on the football side of things and it's a peculiar time to be a matchgoing  Villa fan - the best of times, the worst of times.

I think this has been a bit of a PR boo-boo with the potential for bad PR putting off sponsors outweighing the benefit of an extra couple of million in the coffers - like a number of things of late, it doesn't seem to have been properly thought through in terms of its wider effect - reputation, relationship with the customer base, values, these are really important things that a CEO has to manage and to have our name dragged into the national press as a symbol of all that's wrong with price gouging, especially since it's such a hot topic at the moment is I think, a mis-step at best.

At the moment, there's something missing from the leadership team at Villa Park in my opinion, income generators are great, but we need someone who can also manage those other things, someone between Heck and Sawiris with a wider experience of what it means to run a large company.

It's short term thinking and damaging to the club, if I can use a horrible modern phrase I read the other day - it's a lot of work for a ham sandwich.

Ham?  At these prices I demand a quintessential grilled cheese sandwich flown in via first class from Serendipity 3. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, blunther said:

You must be. Heck is a commercial genius apparently. 

I dream of the day when I don't have to say, "I support a soccer club called Aston Villa. They're from -- erm -- Birmingham, England? Peaky Blinders, but, like, nowadays? Aston Villa. Yes. A-S-T-O-N Villa. No, not Manchester Villa."

I'm really hoping CL play will moot this kind of thing forever.

My more serious point is just that it seems like sky-high matchday ticket prices are low-hanging fruit when the real long-term revenue work needs to be developed in raising Villa's global profile, and for that, tickets sales perhaps can't help much.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Also this average fan nonsense like all Villa fans are on the breadline  - I do feel sorry for the fan who cannot afford it. That makes them no more a fan though than the ones who can. Fans are just disposable customers and have been for years the sad fact of modern sport but you are replaceable 

Mate, your defence of Heck is admirable and fair dues to you for the consistency.

But I can't let this punching down on fans go unchallenged. There is a major cost of living crisis since 2022. People starting out cannot afford to buy a house,  groceries are more expensive, childcare is expensive, rents are expensive. People are cutting their cloth. I am sorry but you are wrong, the price gouging in football at this time and by our club year on year is a disgrace.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

The fact that folk will pay without even thinking about it, the fact that folk are being questioned for disagreeing with the prices and the fact that every game will be sold out within a few days will mean the prices will only get higher.

Some difficult football related decisions are coming in my house soon. 

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Mate, your defence of Heck is admirable and fair dues to you for the consistency.

But I can't let this punching down on fans go unchallenged. There is a major cost of living crisis since 2022. People starting out cannot afford to buy a house,  groceries are more expensive, childcare is expensive, rents are expensive. People are cutting their cloth. I am sorry but you are wrong, the price gouging in football at this time and by our club year on year is a disgrace.

Not disagreeing, but do you think Heck is somehow anti-Little Guy? Is that a perception? Or more of a fear on the part of longtime supporters?

To put those prices (and the rises in general) into perspective. 3/4yrs ago i was paying £420 for my ST in K7

These 4 CL games will cost close to that for non ST holders. 

It’s scandalous

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

6 minutes ago, claretman said:

Thanks for posting that.  It really is interesting to see compared to the other CL clubs. 

Im surprised that Liverpool pricing is so cheap!

If we get to the knockout stages I can see another hefty increase, and if you wanna see them you will have to have gone to the league stages. Deffo no domestic cups for me and mine and possibly a severe reduction in prem too as we have quite a few Cat A games around the same time

3 minutes ago, Colin79 said:

To put those prices (and the rises in general) into perspective. 3/4yrs ago i was paying £420 for my ST in K7

These 4 CL games will cost close to that for non ST holders.

I think it was 13 years ago to try and attract people to fill the stadium they had a bundle offer of 3 PL games for £30. The 3 games were Chelsea, Spurs and some lower team. 

£10 for an adult ticket against a couple of the biggest teams at the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not disagreeing, but do you think Heck is somehow anti-Little Guy? Is that a perception? Or more of a fear on the part of longtime supporters?

I can only speak for myself but immediately on joining the club he started making unpopular decisions disregarding the clearly settled position between club and fans.  He puts himself out there as the branding guru, is all over the good news and never to be seen when there is a cock up. He also has an interesting relationship with the truth!

I just want to make sure he is held to account as he is making decisions that will impact us (hold us back?) After he is gone. 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1