Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i understand why people are upset, but i also dont understand how they dont understand why they arent entitled to cheap tickets, considering the direction of the club at the moment, all these shiny players and management team need to be paid for, and fans, unfortunately, will be milked for their share, wrongly or rightly.

You do not understand though. Clearly.

Ticket receipts pay for **** all. Under 10% of our revenue. Individual tickets going up by less than 800% doesn't touch PSR.

All this will do is create resentment with a committed fanbase.

It will impact the team negatively. Players, management will get less patience. This is the reality.

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So do nothing?, so next time they think there was no push back so the prices are pushed even higher.  If we didn’t push back we wouldn’t be getting things like domestic cup tickets for £25, they wouldn’t feel the need to lower prices.

True. You make a fair point

• Thanks 1

Don't Bayern cap their prices at £20? Might be worth trying to get a ticket in the away end to make the cost more reasonable. There's definitely a price cap on away tickets across the board in the CL anyway. 

Has anyone has to go to those kind of extreme lengths to watch their own club play at home before? 

Also this average fan nonsense like all Villa fans are on the breadline  - I do feel sorry for the fan who cannot afford it. That makes them no more a fan though than the ones who can. Fans are just disposable customers and have been for years the sad fact of modern sport but you are replaceable 

8 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think you’re wrong, based on what others on here have reported we are being charged a lot more than Liverpool home fans and Newcastle fans last season for CL games.

Don't they have much bigger revenue than us in general though?

Aside from this, I think what needs to happen is clubs need to revolt against the " system" for common sense changes when it comes to finances.

The rules are a huge part of the reason revenue for growth expenses are heavily being passed on to fans.

Plus inflation of course.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Aside from this, I think what needs to happen is clubs need to revolt against the " system" for common sense changes when it comes to finances.

The rules are a huge part of the reason revenue for growth expenses are heavily being passed on to fans.

The rules were written by the clubs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't they have much bigger revenue than us in general though?

Yeah which doesn’t come from match day tickets.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

The rules were written by the clubs.

Purslow being one of the main architects behind them - his navigation of these rules for us are  questionable 

16 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

they arent trying to replace the fanbase, they are trying to ensure they get the most money that they can out of the fanbase, knowing tickets are limited, and are supply and demand, so if they all sell at a good price while still filling the stadium, then thats that.

i dont understand why people expect a business to give fans tickets on the cheap, if they didnt fill the stadium, prices would naturally come down, if they can charge more and fill the stadium, they will, fans want us to be "top 6", but want to pay championship ticket prices.

tbh, they just need to build a massive Nou Camp type stadium, then the top rows high up in the clouds could be the economy class, £5 a ticket :P

i understand why people are upset, but i also dont understand how they dont understand why they arent entitled to cheap tickets, considering the direction of the club at the moment, all these shiny players and management team need to be paid for, and fans, unfortunately, will be milked for their share, wrongly or rightly.

I think fans just want to pay the going rate. If it was simply down to supply and demand Liverpool could charge thousands. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Also this average fan nonsense like all Villa fans are on the breadline  - I do feel sorry for the fan who cannot afford it. That makes them no more a fan though than the ones who can. Fans are just disposable customers and have been for years the sad fact of modern sport but you are replaceable 

No, not all Villa fans are on the breadline - hence the "average fan".

It's fine.  We can be a tourist club and bask in the shit atmosphere seen at the Etihad, whilst applauding the extra £7m gained.  Perhaps we can make up a new chant for it or something, to really get the new fans going.

• Like 4

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think fans just want to pay the going rate. If it was simply down to supply and demand Liverpool could charge thousands. 

I’d even pay a premium because I understand the CL prestige but the prices put out are disgraceful 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Not defending the prices in any way, but is this correct? 

Depends what is meant by "one of", but yes - and certainly in England.  I think Wales and Northern Ireland are the poorest regions in the UK as a whole; the North East and the Midlands in England.

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah which doesn’t come from match day tickets.

Isn't this the gap we are trying to make up though?

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think in a lot of ways it's a problem that perhaps didn't need to be a problem - there's an increasing lack of goodwill from supporters to the management group, which whilst it hasn't reached the owners does put a little bit of a shadow on that relationship. Of course there's also an enormous sense of excitement and joy on the football side of things and it's a peculiar time to be a Villa fan - the best of times, the worst of times.

I think this has been a bit of a PR boo-boo with the potential for bad PR putting off sponsors outweighing the benefit of an extra couple of million in the coffers - like a number of things of late, it doesn't seem to have been properly thought through in terms of its wider effect - reputation, relationship with the customer base, values, these are really important things that a CEO has to manage and to have our name dragged into the national press as a symbol of all that's wrong with price gouging, especially since its such a hot topic at the moment is I think, a mis-step at best.

At the moment, there's something missing from the leadership team at Villa Park in my opinion, income generators are great, but we need someone who can also manage those other things, someone between Heck and Sawiris with a wider experience of what it means to run a large company.

It's short term thinking and damaging to the club, if I can use a horrible modern phrase I read the other day - it's a lot of work for a ham sandwich.

I was going to ask, do we not have a Head of Communications or Fan Liaison or something?

As said by a few others, yeah I get there are issues, but some genuine and honest communication would probably go a long way.

This doesn't necessarily mean certain issues are fixed or prices are dropped etc, but I'm guessing having someone to empathise and communicate would make alot of fans feel better.

Obviously Heck isn't popular and yeah there are other Heads in the Chain of all he gets blamed for but as you say they need someone more visible and accessible to fans in between.

The owners definitely get the decisions run by them too, but they pay the big bucks to have a " Blame Face "