Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

I used to go to 13-15 PL matches per season.  Then as prices went up i went to 11-13 PL matches. This season i'll probably do 10-11 PL matches.

Eventually, the prices will mean i'll come to 2-3 PL matches a season and 1-2 European matches.

11 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

As professional sports corporatize this is part and parcel. You can’t blame Heck, our owners are international businessmen with a capital b, they aren’t in it for just a love of the game/club.

Here in the US families and most working class people have been priced out of attending these type of events for 1/2 decades at least. This is modern top tier sports.

If we want to compete in the highest echelons, e.g. Champions League; its only going to get more expensive for supporters.

Then we need oversight at a governmental level to reign in those businessmen. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

£7m is a lot actually when you look at our total revenue. 

That's a Morgan Rogers transfer fee or a third of a new RB or a few days of Digne's wages.

It's not a lot.  It's a very small amount.  We get something like £130m purely for existing in the Premier League.  We should be supporting our fans, not fleecing them.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There revenue also dwarfs ours though?

Who cares?

I supported Aston Villa long before I cared about Aston Villa's revenue.  Another for modern football being shit, I guess.

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Good to see a lot of journos and main stream media reporting on this. 

It really is.

We'd be absolutely slagging off <x> club if they were doing the same.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Twenty quid less for a ticket would not make much material difference to a global brand like Aston Villa, even with our constraints. But twenty quid less would make a hell of a difference to an average fan who has been there through thick and thin.

Sorry, but there are no excuses for this crap. None.

Yep, £20 less per ticket would cost ~£3.2m to them over the fur games, which a decent amount is pocket change for the club even in our financial state but £20 less for fans is huge.

Poor from the Villa!

Just now, PieFacE said:

Good to see a lot of journos and main stream media reporting on this. 

It's got a big reaction in the press.  I'm not at all happy with the prices, but I am a bit shocked at the reaction.

it's the best club competition there is. I'm not surpised the price is higher then a PL game. Do I think it should be? No... but I didn't expect my desire to be met with this.

Having seen how relatively little Liverpool, Arsenal, Newcastle and Manchester United charge for their tickets i'm actually more surprised by that. 

It's been an overwhelmingly negative reaction though so I'd be surprised if the club don't act on it. Hopefully they see sense and drop the prices. 

• Like 2

I was really looking forward to going to the Champions League home matches. But now I will not go to any of them at £406 + petrol + parking + food. After all, I've already paid to watch them on TNT, on my sofa, near my fridge & saving a 3 hour round trip in traffic.

Just now, PeterSw said:

Complain all we like but every game will be a sell out imo

So do nothing?, so next time they think there was no push back so the prices are pushed even higher.  If we didn’t push back we wouldn’t be getting things like domestic cup tickets for £25, they wouldn’t feel the need to lower prices.

13 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The average price of a non concession CL ticket is £91. So, say we sell out, but minus a (say) 4k away allowance (I think we’re only required to give 5%). So 38,000 (ish) x £91 is £3.4m per home game, x 4 games that’s £13.6m for the group stage alone. Not all of it profit of course but that’s a healthy income for 4 games.

But there are concessions, and 66% of those people will be season ticket holders and won't pay £91, in fact, only about 6,000 people will. If we have a capacity after UEFA regulation of 41,000 and we give 3,000 to the away side, that'll leave us 38,000 - of those, 3,000 or so will be GA+ or hospitality, leaving about 35,000 regular ticket holders - if we give a slice for concessions and assume that just over 66% are paying £79 or less, then we can use a figure for yield of say £60 per seat or £2.1m a game for GA ticket holders.

That's £2.1m a game - still a lot of money and £8.8m overall, but not quite the £13.6m you're looking for.

Take 20% off the price of a ticket (so £15-20 off each)  and you lose £1.8m - which for a football club is the kind of number you'd haggle with an agent over for about half an hour.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Maybe this is the plan. Replace the fanbase. 

they arent trying to replace the fanbase, they are trying to ensure they get the most money that they can out of the fanbase, knowing tickets are limited, and are supply and demand, so if they all sell at a good price while still filling the stadium, then thats that.

i dont understand why people expect a business to give fans tickets on the cheap, if they didnt fill the stadium, prices would naturally come down, if they can charge more and fill the stadium, they will, fans want us to be "top 6", but want to pay championship ticket prices.

tbh, they just need to build a massive Nou Camp type stadium, then the top rows high up in the clouds could be the economy class, £5 a ticket :P

i understand why people are upset, but i also dont understand how they dont understand why they arent entitled to cheap tickets, considering the direction of the club at the moment, all these shiny players and management team need to be paid for, and fans, unfortunately, will be milked for their share, wrongly or rightly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It's not a lot.  It's a very small amount.  We get something like £130m purely for existing in the Premier League.  We should be supporting our fans, not fleecing them.

Who cares?

I supported Aston Villa long before I cared about Aston Villa's revenue.  Another for modern football being shit, I guess.

Dunno man.

The way I see it is that we can accept being a Southampton type club, consistently sell all our youngsters and best players for profit.

With the knowledge that we might yo yo up and down the leagues to keep it ' " affordable" and not complain about PSR or things on the pitch.

Or we decide that we want to compete and close the gap and accept that we need to find revenue.

Some of the same fans complaining about our attempt at revenue streams are also the same ones who were moaning about us needing more the whole transfer window, as an example, which is ironic for obvious reason 

Anyway as I always say not trying to disregard hard working and paying local and long serving fans but just my view.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dunno man.

The way I see it is that we can accept being a Southampton type club, consistently sell all our youngsters and best players for profit.

With the knowledge that we might yo yo up and down the leagues to keep it ' " affordable" and not complain about PSR or things on the pitch.

Or we decide that we want to compete and close the gap and accept that we need to find revenue.

Some of the same fans complaining about our attempt at revenue streams are also the same ones who were moaning about us needing more the whole transfer window, as an example, which is ironic for obvious reason 

The difference isn't between being a competitive club or a yo-yo club though, is it?  We aren't talking about missing out on £50m a season or something - it's small change to the owners and a big deal to the average fan attending a football match.

Football is (should be) about the fans.  Personally, I shouldn't give a shit.  I don't go to Villa Park, these prices aren't going to attract me to Villa Park - I'm worthless to the club.  But the people who attend, they should be considered and they just aren't being.

Football isn't about **** revenue.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

they arent trying to replace the fanbase, they are trying to ensure they get the most money that they can out of the fanbase, knowing tickets are limited, and are supply and demand, so if they all sell at a good price while still filling the stadium, then thats that.

i dont understand why people expect a business to give fans tickets on the cheap, if they didnt fill the stadium, prices would naturally come down, if they can charge more and fill the stadium, they will, fans want us to be "top 6", but want to pay championship ticket prices.

tbh, they just need to build a massive Nou Camp type stadium, then the top rows high up in the clouds could be the economy class, £5 a ticket :P

i understand why people are upset, but i also dont understand how they dont understand why they arent entitled to cheap tickets, considering the direction of the club at the moment, all these shiny players and management team need to be paid for, and fans, unfortunately, will be milked for their share, wrongly or rightly.

Not one person has asked for “cheap” tickets. Not one person has asked to pay “championship prices”. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I think you’re wrong, based on what others on here have reported we are being charged a lot more than Liverpool home fans and Newcastle fans last season for CL games.

51 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

That'd be Purslow who engineered what was at the time the biggest shirt sponsorship deal in history for Chelsea and brought Standard Chartered in to Liverpool yeah?

Yeah the same guy who basically road on the back of their success at the time so didn’t really need to do much - as is levelled at Heck with his commercial deals … it’s not as if he managed to secure record deals for mid tier teams but that’s off topic 

11 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Complain all we like but every game will be a sell out imo

I agree but it will be interesting to see if it has a knock on effect on our premier league attendances or other cup games especially if we hit some patchy form.