Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Jesus, we live in an age where you have to pay £5+ just to drop someone off at an airport.

I wonder what people expect, it’s ridiculous, but everything is ridiculous now.

Thats for the lazy bee tards's. It's  free if you don't mind walking 200 metres.😂

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Jesus, we live in an age where you have to pay £5+ just to drop someone off at an airport.

I wonder what people expect, it’s ridiculous, but everything is ridiculous now.

And yet other clubs pricing structures are far less ridiculous than ours. We are based in one of the poorest regions in the UK and have been subjected to price increases way above the rate of inflation for the past few years.

As others have said, the good work Emery is doing will only paper over the cracks for so long. If he leaves in a few years and we **** up the next managerial appointment, things could get very ugly down the line IMO

• Like 1

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

They will, I'd be interested to know how many 'daytrippers' try to take up tickets for the sake of seeing a CL game. I suspect Heck's business model would see this as a good thing

A sell out is a sell out. That’s how he’ll see it. Context of who’s buying the tickets doesn’t matter to him. Nor would it to the owners. 

the club wants/needs to make money to be competitive. If it can’t get the cash with commercial deals, it will get it from the fans. STH or “day trippers”

That’s the cold hand of being successful, PSR and capitalism. 

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They have done a world of good, but we have American owners, what more needs to be said. If you wanna be a big club, this is the way it's gonna go unfortunately. 

We were doing things a certain way and it took us from mid table championship to 7th in Premier league.

Since we got to 7th there has been a big change in approach, and it is sickening 

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

A sell out is a sell out. That’s how he’ll see it. Context of who’s buying the tickets doesn’t matter to him. Nor would it to the owners. 

the club wants/needs to make money to be competitive. If it can’t get the cash with commercial deals, it will get it from the fans. STH or “day trippers”

That’s the cold hand of being successful, PSR and capitalism. 

I fully understand that, but it's incredibly short sighted in that we are in no way guaranteed to carry on with our current trajectory and are as likely to finish 8th this season as we are to re-qualify for the CL. It really isn't a good idea to alienate and exclude your core market, regardless of the short term gains available 

£1 per minute to see us in the champions league for the first time in my lifetime is a hard sum to swallow but also one I’m more than willing to pay … it could be a once in a generation occurrence and they’ll have no problem selling out IMO… Compared to other entertainment events also it’s not so ridiculous but agree with others who find it distasteful. 

• Like 1

For some time, I’ve accepted I’m reasonably unlikely to visit Villa Park again, so the cost is only going to bother me so much.

The people who are aghast at the prices have my commiserations regardless.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We were doing things a certain way and it took us from mid table championship to 7th in Premier league.

Since we got to 7th there has been a big change in approach, and it is sickening 

Have you seen the gulf in finances though ? Like it or loathe it the club must rinse every penny they can if you want us to stay 7th and higher - especially when competing against clubs whose countries GDP fund the club. 

If Lange & Purslow were still here I’d dread to think how we would be financially. It’s modern football economics but sure you’ll find a way to lay the blame solely at Heck without any regard to this. 

I've posted on it before and will probably do so again - our ticket prices are a disgrace.

People can want to nod along and "PSR" it, but the club doesn't need the extra £6m or so.  It's a **** disgrace.

• Like 2

I think a price drop of £10-15 across the board would have been fair. Feel for anyone who wants to take their kids or whatever to the game but is being priced out. That's an absolute killer. 

Just now, Wainy316 said:

It's gained a lot of traction and negative press across lots of none Villa media outlets

Yep seeing it.  Mad that away fans are capped at apparently £57 across the board for all clubs but home fans get screwed.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I think a price drop of £10-15 across the board would have been fair. Feel for anyone who wants to take their kids or whatever to the game but is being priced out. That's an absolute killer. 

I look forward to the day we are crap again and I can take my son like I envisioned 3 years ago before he was born.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1