Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

I'm really surprised that they are giving a large discount to season ticket holders to buy CL tickets. 

Is that normal?  They don't do that for FA Cup and League cup tickets do they?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is a drop in the ocean in revenue terms - these tickets will make the club around £10m over the four games - in the grand scheme of things, if they'd priced them at half the price they are and found a better sleeve sponsor, it'd cover it. Nivea give Liverpool £10m a season - there isn't a need to rip off supporters - tickets aren't a big part of club income.

And Heck certainly isn't shy about talking about how great his deals are... Our Adidas deal is almost half as much per year as Newcastle (the difference is greater than the cost of every available ticket for the group stage of the Champions League). And less than Everton's Castore deal. 

• Like 3

Yeah, all this stinks between the prices, conveniently-timed PSR interview etc. Can't say I agree with the folk saying it's what should have been expected either. Newcastle are essentially us but a season ahead in terms of breaking into the top 4 whilst being miles off of the revenue of the more established big size and subsequently having PSR issues, and the pricing between them and Villa has been chalk and cheese.

15 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Your taking the piss? Most members, like myself, are former season ticket holders who either can't afford a season ticket now or can't get to every game. So please, bit more respect.

You've completely misunderstood my post

I wasn't saying Members only watch villa on TV.
I was (tongue in cheek) making a point that they won't give us a criteria that rewards members who have actually been to games. I'm a member myself.

They should give priority to members who have been to a number of european games last season.

My point was they won't. They'll have some bullshit criteria that almost everyone can meet because it'll sell the tickets quicker.

Last season I went to every european game. And the criteria for the semi final went straight from ST holders to Members who had attended one european fixture. I'd attended 6 at that point.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Tickets for Wolves are £60-80, were people not expecting this? I thought it would be more

It’s pretty much a 30% increase and significantly more than the more expensive other CL clubs ie Liverpool.  The most expensive ticket for them in CL is £61. 

I think people knew it would be pricey but not to this extent.  I was expecting to pay about £75, not £94. 

4 minutes ago, claretman said:

It’s pretty much a 30% increase and significantly more than the more expensive other CL clubs ie Liverpool.  The most expensive ticket for them in CL is £61. 

I think people knew it would be pricey but not to this extent.  I was expecting to pay about £75, not £94. 

I fully expected it would be £100 , which I think says it all

2 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Tickets for Wolves are £60-80, were people not expecting this? I thought it would be more

I was half expecting £90+ after seeing the ticket prices announced for Arsenal and Wolves matches, so not too surprised by this latest news.

Those prices for Wolves and Arsenal did shock me at the time though. There has been a sharp increase in ticket prices year on year, so I guess this has been one increase too far for some and has hit a price point that has taken people by surprise.

For those who regret opting in....

We will ensure that any feedback received on Champions League pricing is collated and shared with Senior Management accordingly.

Thanks again for taking the time to register your feedback with us.

Anyone wishing to opt out from the automatic processing can contact the ticket office.  Anyone charged that does not wish to pay will have a refund honoured.

31 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

The club making you pay a premium to be up to your ankles in piss.

Some people like that kind of thing i guess.

Ah it's no one that goes that says these prices are acceptable. It's armchair fans who think Heck is a genius for putting prices up.

• Like 3

Just now, Tomaszk said:

Ah it's no one that goes that says these prices are acceptable. It's armchair fans who think Heck is a genius for putting prices up.

Aye, I don't think anyone of them were there Tuesday night when we getting ripped to shreds by Barnsley and Huddersfield

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Serious statement, as a fan, a match day going fan, I'm genuinely of the opinion it's in my benefit to be a mid table club.  You win some weeks. You lose some weeks but at least the club has to work to keep you coming back.

Fulham's cheapest ticket is £61 (£100+ to sit in that fancy new stand they've built)

west ham have gotten rid of all concession prices

you're deluded that you think that being mid table changes how clubs treat fans

• Like 2

As someone from abroad that's never been to Villa Park, would look to buy ticket for the Bayern home game, would getting membership ensure good chance of getting one or at these high prices could get lucky without you think? Don't really mind any seat just wanna experience the atmosphere mostly. 

Given how much I am already spending on PL home games, I can't really justify spending this much on top for me and my two young adult daughters. Gonna have to watch UCL on TV :( I feel they're really shafting the fans that have supported them for decades through some very difficult times.

• Like 2