Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm pretty sure I've opted out when renewing. What benefits does opting in actually give?

You get to pay money to Heck without knowing how much you will be paying haha!

Clever to opt out at that stage, they probably just hoped everyone opted in.

Just now, ender4 said:

Ohhh it is 30% more!  It didn't seem like that when i glanced at the figures.

This is what they want you to think, 30% is based on Zone 2... Zones 3 and 4 will be even higher than that. It's bonkers

Just now, Risso said:

Was there a point or a benefit to agreeing to sign up when you took the season ticket out? Do all ST holders not get first refusl on their own seat anyway?

No, I don't think there was but was easy to get caught up in the excitement! I'm sure they'll happily let us opt out and have someone else pay even more for a ticket.

It feels to me like we got our villa back after the awful Lerner/Xia period and over the past 12 months we have lost our villa again.

Takes the shine off an otherwise wonderful period. I doubt I will ever afford to go to Villa again.

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

And look at the quality of their transfer spending 

Our matchday revenues, in total, are less than 10% of our total revenues - ticketing prices make barely a gnats knacker of difference to our transfer budget.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

The club making you pay a premium to be up to your ankles in piss.

Some people like that kind of thing i guess.

That's the thing with comparing it to a theatre ticket. I went to the theatre recently, pissed in clean bogs and had a nice drink at 'half time'. I'll happily wade through piss for a £20 ticket, but you want people to chuck a ton at a match then you need to prepare for higher expectations.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, blunther said:

Well they're in for a bit of a fight with me then, since they hadn;'t announced prices. Otherwise they could have charged £20,000 a game and cleaned up because we ticked a box.

This is the weird thing where they seem to have no idea of UK consumer rights.   

Like with the claret membership auto-renew.  They specifically asked when signing up whether you wanted to auto-renew.  I ticked NO.

They then sent an email to all members saying that they were auto-renewing everyone, even those that had said no. That's actually not allowed by law but people didn't seem that fussed by it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

And still no information about criteria for members (who are clearly seen as the lowest of the low at this point).

But hey, we got nice coasters, a badge and thermal cup!

51 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That's even worse, £39 a game and they don't even play in it! 

My apologies that was last season when they did. 

I am not sure how much we can blame the club. The rules set out on revenue etc for PSR clearly are pushing the prices towards the fans for a club like ours that generates half of the big boys revenues.

To compete we need to generate revenue and to generate revenue we need to be successful. 

It sucks for fans but it feels like it's the price of having Champions league football.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, ender4 said:

They then sent an email to all members saying that they were auto-renewing everyone, even those that had said no. That's actually not allowed by law but people didn't seem that fussed by it.

When did this happen? You're saying I have to spend 400 on tickets I don't want and likely can't attend

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

It's 30% more!  

Absolute piss take by the club.

It's not though. The reality is that they would sell out 70K+ for all of the home Champions League games. I bet it's still less than Arsenal charge for example. People want the club to raise money and compete for 4th place but give out when a man brought in to increase revenue does just that. Season tickets holders are a burden to most PL teams these days in the never ending quest for revenue. If you can't see the writing on the wall regarding ticket prices, dynamic pricing, GA+, fan tunnel tickets, membership schemes, experiences etc. then there's no hope for you.

Football is just a quest for money, it's not your local club anymore. If you want that support some non-league team because that ship sailed a long time ago and it's too big to sink.  

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

When did this happen? You're saying I have to spend 400 on tickets I don't want and likely can't attend

Sorry, i'm talking about the claret membership renewal, not season tickets or CL tickets.   Just comparing that to now as they were sly as f*ck and illegal when they did that.

I genuinely think this might be the beginning of the end of my time of going to Villa Park.  Put simply, I can’t afford it too much longer if this I going to be the norm-when is it going to stop?

As has been said, Heck is trying to make it like going to a concert that you might attend once a year. 

I’m annoyed, and quite sad at the same time.  The price of success it seems is the detriment of the fans  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

This is a drop in the ocean in revenue terms - these tickets will make the club around £10m over the four games 

That's not a drop in the Ocean. We had to sell a player we didn't want to sell this summer just to balance the books and couldn't afford to buy a new right back. The reality is that Heck's job is to squeeze every pound out of fans, sponsorship etc. £10m is a lot of pounds. 

• Like 1

Just now, ender4 said:

Sorry, i'm talking about the claret membership renewal, not season tickets or CL tickets.   Just comparing that to now as they were sly as f*ck and illegal when they did that.

Fair enough, I did find it quite sly when renewing that it was there in the first place tbh.

On a seperate note, I ordered some tyres on kwik fit the other day as I was in dire need on a Sunday, before I even checked out they automatically added extra charges I had to remove for wheel balacing and all sorts.

That's what this club is, kwik fit. A bunch of absolute shysters 

Just now, claretman said:

I genuinely think this might be the beginning of the end of my time of going to Villa Park.  Put simply, I can’t afford it too much longer if this I going to be the norm-when is it going to stop?

As has been said, Heck is trying to make it like going to a concert that you might attend once a year. 

I’m annoyed, and quite sad at the same time.  The price of success it seems is the detriment of the fans  

That's exactly what they want. You go once or twice a year, spend the day there, buy bags of merch, take photos, drink pints etc. It's the same at every club because revenue. It's up to the FA/PL to do something about it and adopt a German model for tickets.