Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

2 hours ago, Django_Zooms said:

The answer may be here somewhere, but how are Villa going to play both a Champions' League and a Carabao Cup tie on Tuesday 17 September?

Call me crazy, but I think they MIGHT reschedule the Carabao Cup game

• Haha 1

i saw some financials being discussed but wasn't sure about this. Would it be better in terms of revenue to auto qualify (to the round of 16) or getting the extra games in knockout qualifying?

Amazon have declared there first 5 picks

Anyone thinking of taking out a free sub for the month i'd hold fire....

....surprise, surprise.....we ain't part of the picks!!!!

• Like 1

We only have 1 8pm Tuesday game in that first phase of picks and that is the Bologna game which you could argue is the least appealing, not that Arsenal v Shaktar will have me racing to my tv either. Prime will do a later round of picks for match week 6 and 7 but we’ve not got a Tuesday 8pm game then either. So I don’t think any of our games will feature on Prime unless we progress.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Our first game will be on TNT though, won’t it? Amazon won’t be interested in Young Boys vs Villa, they want to maximise their viewers from the glory hunting plastics. 

Its 5.45 kick off so doesnt clash with anything major except Juve/PSV

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its 5.45 kick off so doesnt clash with anything major except Juve/PSV

See what you’re saying, so they could have chosen it to show if they’d wanted to. 

We’re obviously biased but you’d think broadcasters would be all over Aston Villa’s first game in the Champions League.  

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

See what you’re saying, so they could have chosen it to show if they’d wanted to. 
We’re obviously biased but you’d think broadcasters would be all over Aston Villa’s first game in the Champions League.  

Amazon are only showing games at 8pm and even if the Villa game was on at 8pm of course they would pick Liverpool Vs AC Milan ahead of it. Not everything is a conspiracy against us.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Very little people outside Villa fams care we are in the tournament

We are also playing Young Boys, they are not a major power

Hopefully get some comms around ticketing asap. 
I signed up for Milan ticket info a couple yrs ago as I wanted to go to San Siro, had an email today about their ticket release for the Liverpool game (just stating this as an example of how we are behind others). 

17 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Hopefully get some comms around ticketing asap. 
I signed up for Milan ticket info a couple yrs ago as I wanted to go to San Siro, had an email today about their ticket release for the Liverpool game (just stating this as an example of how we are behind others). 

It took them two years to email you!  Worse than Villa.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Zatman said:

We are also playing Young Boys, they are not a major power

Definitely not this season. They are bottom of the Swiss league with 3 draws and 3 defeats. I think the match could well be Young Boys against men. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 2