Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Good to see the BBC have signed up to present a weekly Champions league highlights package this season - that can only help with our exposure and potential sponsorship deals. 

Thrilled with this!

Not sure if this is the right thread now that a thread for the draw has been created, but one question I do have that I can't find the answer to anywhere, is that will we play one game at home then the next away (or vice versa) or is there the possibility of playing back-to-back home/away games?

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2024 at 20:09, Strog said:

This link just mentions the eight games are home and away but I suspect these will alternate 

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0268-12157d69ce2d-9f011c70f6fa-1000--new-format-for-champions-league-post-2024-everything-you-ne/

image.thumb.png.918afbf2d17881e40ad62e596ae63ecd.png

not necessarily...we could end up playing all our aways before xmas and back to back home games in 2025. it's whatever the computer decides

Just now, tomav84 said:

not necessarily...we could end up playing all our aways before xmas and back to back home games in 2025. it's whatever the computer decides

Ohhh that’s a bit daft!

• Like 1

OK, next question that I'm not sure we know answer to;

Will our four home games be one from each 'pot' or could we end up being away for the hardest four matches for example?

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Will our four home games be one from each 'pot' or could we end up being away for the hardest four matches for example?

My understanding is that we play 2 teams from each pot, one home and one away

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope the computer being used for the draw tomorrow has had all of its windows updates completed successfully! Don’t want any blue screen of deaths occurring mid-draw. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

One home, one away from each pot. 

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Confident this is not the case. It'll be HA or AH throughout.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Will the draw be online and free?

Bbc are showing it live online.

Wonder if any of our games will be shown live on Prime. They are showing one main match every Tuesday.