Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

On 01/06/2024 at 20:20, Brumstopdogs said:

Does anyone know what the max winnings for europa league would be for context?

2 minutes ago, Icarium said:

Does anyone know what the max winnings for europa league would be for context?

A quick search puts max europa league winnings at around 20 mil, so more than double for just turning up to the champions league 

7 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

We were allowed to play alongside Vitoria, but we had to reduce our stake to do so. Before losing your shit, let's find out whether the Manchester clubs have to alter their stakes.

Ratcliffe’s stake in Man U was already smaller than our reduced stake in Vitoria.  

Posted (edited)

I see that Coral have us 50/1 to win it, with 13 clubs lower than us in the betting. The same price as they quote for us to be league champions next season, 50/1 and 8th in the betting. :rolleyes:

Edited by John

9 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

So qualifying for this bloody thing hasn't made any great financial difference then

i guess it will next season (and impact the 3 year cycle when this coming seasons finances are factored in), but for right now we are working with the 3 years just gone in terms of FFP, so if we are tight in those previous 3 years, it is what it is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

So qualifying for this bloody thing hasn't made any great financial difference then

Kinda feels like it’s a good job we did as otherwise the financial landscape would be worse!

48 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

It will next season - when the rules will probably changw anyway. Its just a load of horse shite 

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

We will win this

That's the spirit.

• 3 weeks later...

It still doesn't feel real to me that we're in the Champions League 🤣

Is there any other team in the PL era that has went from Championship to Champions League in as short a time frame?  Leicester obviously have, possibly Newcastle in the same time frame as us, when did they get promoted?

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

It still doesn't feel real to me that we're in the Champions League 🤣

Is there any other team in the PL era that has went from Championship to Champions League in as short a time frame?  Leicester obviously have, possibly Newcastle in the same time frame as us, when did they get promoted?

Two years before us and qualified one year before us.

Still hasn't quite registered for me that we will playing in this competition.

We've come so far in my time as a supporter already and it has been amazing to watch. I wonder how far we will go in the UCL? Emery said he wants to win it all and I believe him...

• 2 weeks later...