Champions League 2024/25

maqroll

Bayern at home for the 150 year anniversary and a massive night, Real away if the stadium is finished 

Juve away, "easy" home so brugge or shakhtar but again atletico at home would be fun, would also be good to see us Vs Atalanta 

Celtic at home, PSV or feyenoord away as a good easy away day, I'm sure after the last month a few wouldn't mind a return to Athens 

Bologna or Girona at home as a nice gauge as to where we really are and then Prague away as a cracking away trip 

I think we can draw 2 from Italy and Germany so for me

Easiest Group : Barcelona, RB Leipzig, Brugge, Shakhtar, Young Boys, Feyenoord, Sturm Graz and Sparta

Hardest Group : Real, Bayern, Atalanta, Benfica, Lille, Fenerbahce, Bologna and Stuttgart

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Not super relevant but I still think we will be in Pot 3 after the play offs

Forgive me for being dumb, but how do the play offs change the pots? Is it that the teams might change, or does it alter the coefficient and we’re likely to be a bit higher/others lower?

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Forgive me for being dumb, but how do the play offs change the pots? Is it that the teams might change, or does it alter the coefficient and we’re likely to be a bit higher/others lower?

9 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

Play offs? 

7 teams above us in the coefficient have play offs. If 3 go out then we move up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

7 teams above us in the coefficient have play offs. If 3 go out then we move up

Potentially but would also depend on who the teams are that might knock them out. Potentially these other teams not deemed the favourite to progress from the playoff might have a higher coefficient than us?

1 minute ago, villan-scott said:

Potentially but would also depend on who the teams are that might knock them out. Potentially these other teams not deemed the favourite to progress from the playoff might have a higher coefficient than us?

Nah the printed list is for all teams so if a team below knocks out Galatasaray or Lille they will just go into the last spot in pot 4

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What pot we are in is irrelevant we play 2 teams from each pot. 

It’s little relevant so instead of playing Girona, Stuttgart or Bologna, out of 7 teams, it becomes out of 8 which give more chance of avoiding them. I think 3rd pot is easier than 4th. 

25 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

It’s little relevant so instead of playing Girona, Stuttgart or Bologna, out of 7 teams, it becomes out of 8 which give more chance of avoiding them. I think 3rd pot is easier than 4th. 

The tiniest of advantages. But relative to being seeded into a 4 team group where you play teams twice. It's very small 

Posted (edited)

Just leaving this here so I can come back to it after the draw: Last night I dreamt about playing Bayern, Juventus and Marseille (not qualified) in the Champions League. I'd take the first two because we might actually win.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Would there be any chance of the club showing the CL away games from a giant screen on the pitch facing the Holte End or something very similar? Obviously I’m not sure of licence/TV rights etc but be a wonderful atmosphere and something me and my son would be interested in.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

What pot we are in is irrelevant we play 2 teams from each pot. 

Thats what i was thinking you can draw anyone regardless what pot you are. It really does not matter. Its not as relevant as the conference was this season

Glad that we at least wont be playing city or Liverpool who will be tough teams 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

How is this even real???

The game is beyond broken (and corrupt).

Im assuming we can now re-up our stake in Vitoria and play in the same completion, in the same way!?!? (if it happened?)

9 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

How is this even real???

The game is beyond broken (and corrupt).

Im assuming we can now re-up our stake in Vitoria and play in the same completion, in the same way!?!? (if it happened?)

The current stake in Vitória is still more than Ratcliffs stake in United

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

We were allowed to play alongside Vitoria, but we had to reduce our stake to do so. Before losing your shit, let's find out whether the Manchester clubs have to alter their stakes.

Â