Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

16 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

It's not just about the slow starts though, those teams outplayed us for most of those games and we were fighting for scraps by comparison.  It was another apparent weakness though, we were slow out of the blocks, especially second half, and also seemed to switch off early for half time when ahead. We  conceded far too many goals in the 5-10 minutes either side of half time. 

Unai will obsess over his own faults and his players weaknesses while correcting them and making us stronger next season. FA Cup and CL next season and clear the board the following season. No pressure lads, let’s enjoy the ride!! UTV!!!!!

• Like 1

Not worried about pre-season much at all, just the transfer situation and I'm sure that will get fixed.

Putting my trust in King Unai, he knows what to do. He's here for the long haul, he undoubtedly has a plan to keep us competing every season.

• Like 3

I think it's going to be a very difficult season

I would still be very happy with a top 6 finish. 7th would be ok

Losing Luiz I think is a big one. Not sure how we will cope. Barkley is nowhere near his level but I hope Tielemans will really step up this season

• Like 2

Talk of challenging for the title is extremely premature as much as harbingers of a difficult season ahead are equally extreme. 

We have a lot of new faces already with a lot more activity (in and out) left over the remaining window. We have Mings and Kamara to reintroduce after lengthy lay offs. 

We all know by now that Emery is extremely demanding and it takes players time to understand exactly what is required of them when they first join the club. 

It’s likely that we will be slightly erratic until the end of the first international break and then we can expect things to bed down from there. It’s important that we as a fan base don’t over react when we hit a few bumps early on. 

Assuming we get the remaining business done and no critical injuries to Watkins or Martinez we will be in the top four mix again come the end of the season. 

• Like 2

If we got top 6, got 65+ points and made it to the play off stage in CL (which is final game in March) then I'd be happy. I think a lot of other teams have strengthened this summer. 

Europa League next season keeps this club in the top end of PL and in Europe for 3 seasons in a row that's dreamland stuff. We'd win the Europa or go close as that Emery's tournament having made 5 finals and won 4

Really don’t understand the pessimism.

Man City and Arsenal are clear of everyone. 

Liverpool are starting a new era. Very rarely has that ever gone well. 

We have proven that we have a better manager and a better team than everyone else and no one else has strengthened significantly to create concern. 

Let’s wait until we’ve completed our business before we start discrediting our hopes of top 4 which at the moment  appear to be relatively strong. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Man City and Arsenal are clear of everyone. 

Liverpool are starting a new era. Very rarely has that ever gone well. 

We have proven that we have a better manager and a better team than everyone else and no one else has strengthened significantly to create concern. 

Let’s wait until we’ve completed our business before we start discrediting our hopes of top 4 which at the moment  appear to be relatively strong. 

Our last 10 games is what concerns me

Really hope it was just jadedness and not something that will carry over this season 

We were really limping over the line 

• Like 1

I'm hoping for top 6 and some decent CL performances. But I am concerned about the effects of the sale of Diaby and Luiz. Onana is a welcomed addition, as is Kosta Nedeljkovic. But I think some of the other incoming needs a few months to get up to full speed (that will probably be the case for future incomers also). I also fear a few of the additions are not good enough at all.

Edited by DeepDish

26 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Really hope it was just jadedness and not something that will carry over this season 

The reasons for that are well known. We had zero depth in midfield, Kamara got injured, we had a lot of games and Luiz ran into utterly atrocious form (which is why the club were quite happy to sell him before anyone else).

Since then we have swappedLuiz for 6 foot 4 Onana. Upgraded Donks into Barkley and upgraded chambers into Enzo. Added Illing as well. 

Digne did a very solid job last season but in our formation our left back is supposed to operate as a left winger hence the huge upgrade to Maatsen. 

Many criticized diaby’s performances last season (I thought he did well). He’s been replaced by one of our own who was one of the best talents in the championship last season. 

Still lots more to do in the month ahead but for the first time in forty years I have absolutely zero doubt that the club know e-x-a-c-t-l-y what they are doing. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Our last ten games when we were still in Europe, had loads of injuries and a small squad? I'd much rather use the first half of the season as the gauge. Where we played 8 European games and were still near the top of the league.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm gonna say it.

I am feeling concerned.

Hope I'm terribly wrong and we ace it against West Ham

Based the responses I get when I share my concerns, I imagine your responses are going to be along the lines of this: 

sound-like-anchorman.gif

Edited by Tayls

41 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

I'm gonna say it.

I am feeling concerned.

I expect us to come good against West Ham, but there is nothing in our performance on the pitch from the America tour that support that.

My confidence level in the team have dropped, but I hope we turn this around and have an other great season.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

I'm gonna say it.

I am feeling concerned.

Even if we don’t, Newcastle battered us in the opening game last season and yet we got top 4.

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

Even if we don’t, Newcastle battered us in the opening game last season and yet we got top 4.

You have to have faith in Emery to figure it out. If we start slow in August, I back Emery to get us on a run later in the season.

• Like 1

On 03/08/2024 at 08:12, DakotaVilla said:

Do you not really?

We've played mostly badly from Feb/Mar to last night. 

That's the big reason why, forget a what anyone else has done.

6 hours ago, duke313 said:

Still so mad that.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â