Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

We are living in very interesting and exciting times.

Is the impossible, possible? Had Wolves been a tad better today, they could have held L’Pool. Arsenal were so lucky…. Again.

Man Citeh dropped another two points.

Yes, it is very early days and we dare not get carried away but……

Edited by MikeMcKenna

8 hours ago, MikeMcKenna said:

We are living in very interesting and exciting times.

Is the impossible, possible? Had Wolves been a tad better today, they could have held L’Pool. Arsenal were so lucky…. Again.

Man Citeh dropped another two points.

Yes, it is very early days and we dare not get carried away but……

50 to one

Chelsea 12 to one

Edited by Follyfoot

Pipe dream. We’ll be nowhere near 4th let alone 1st if we keep playing as we are.

Looked rubbish in pretty much every game so far this season. Struggled to beat Leicester, Wolves and Everton and should have lost to Ipswich. All those teams will be in the bottom 6 I guarantee you. 

• Like 1

Defence is obviously getting the headlines currently but I don't think it's the entirety of our problems, thinks aren't quite clicking at the other end of the pitch either. Feels like we're struggling to keep a foothold on things when the play gets a bit tight. So many loose passes, Ramsey or Rogers running straight into players with the ball, players passing it back and killing momentum. Maybe that's stuff that will tighten up with time, but we've felt a lot more frustrating to watch so far this season than last.

There never was a hope

It's like people were only watching us and thinking we were good rather than watching who else is up the top of the league 

That's also not a criticism given who is at the top end of the league....we're simply not there yet 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

There never was a hope

It's like people were only watching us and thinking we were good rather than watching who else is up the top of the league 

That's also not a criticism given who is at the top end of the league....we're simply not there yet 

We're nowhere near the top 3

Top 5 would be an outstanding season

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

I just take it as a joke but no one was delusional enough to think we could win the league.. right? 

Life after Klopp is just fine for Liverpool so the top 3 are still clear and Chelsea are looking better than I thought they would. United are a joke and Spurs are a bit up and down so top 4 is still very much a possibility for us this season. Performances have to improve sharpish though. 

3 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

We're nowhere near the top 3

Top 5 would be an outstanding season

Agree

And again I don't think that's a criticism of villa, that's what the PL is

We are not man city, arsenal or Liverpool, given their squad cost £2bn we shouldnt be Chelsea 

Disagree with people saying we won't be top 4, way too early for that, we will be in and around it, we were just never in a title race, it's an unrealistic expectation that no one should have 

We could be in a better position but at the end of the day I'm very happy with how we've started the season. 13 points from our opening 6 fixtures is a solid return, and we've done it while still not up to full strength and winning our cup games. When you compare it to even two seasons ago we've come on such a long way, and we're light years from where we were 5/6 years ago.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

We could be in a better position but at the end of the day I'm very happy with how we've started the season. 13 points from our opening 6 fixtures is a solid return, and we've done it while still not up to full strength and winning our cup games. When you compare it to even two seasons ago we've come on such a long way, and we're light years from where we were 5/6 years ago.

We're in a very good position, relative to our history and expectations. 

What we are not in, relevant to the thread title, is a good position for winning the league. But of course that shouldn't really have been anyone's expectation. 

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

We're in a very good position, relative to our history and expectations. 

What we are not in, relevant to the thread title, is a good position for winning the league. But of course that shouldn't really have been anyone's expectation. 

Did anyone seriously think we were ever in with even an outside shot at the title? I always just thought the title was tongue in cheek.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Did anyone seriously think we were ever in with even an outside shot at the title? I always just thought the title was tongue in cheek.

To me it's like when you ask that question it's a case of well if we do this or we do that...

There's 19 teams in the PL who's title hopes are dependant on what man city do, that is this league, the whole competition and anyone can beat anyone stuff is a myth peddled by sky selling their product 

It's not about us, there is a gulf in quality at the top, when people talk about Leicester winning the league they don't often talk about the big boys not bothering that year letting them do it 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mantis said:

There should be a top 4 thread then and not a ‘Race for the PL’.. Title thread was always delusional and I thought that at the start of the season with the expectation that Felix and Geertruida would be signed and they weren’t.

Top 4 is the best we can hope for so this thread should be closed and replaced with a more realistic one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

To me it's like when you ask that question it's a case of well if we do this or we do that...

There's 19 teams in the PL who's title hopes are dependant on what man city do, that is this league, the whole competition and anyone can beat anyone stuff is a myth peddled by sky selling their product 

There is a gulf in quality at the top 

I don't think Arsenal are that far off City. Especially now with Rodri out for the season, I would argue arsenal have a great chance.

Just now, Czarnikjak said:

I don't think Arsenal are that far off City. Especially now with Rodri out for the season, I would argue arsenal have a great chance.

But again you say it right there 

Arsenal are in with a great chance...because of man city losing a player...

The top is determined by what man city do 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â