Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is being negative frequently like some kind of security blanket for you?

Supported the club since 2000.

Games against Man Utd give me severe PTSD 

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I think you’ve forgotten that Olsen was in goal for that game so United got a 4 goal head start.

Chambers at CB aswell just gifted them one with a terrible pass along the backline IIRC.

I was going to say we're much stronger now but you can see Carlos gifting them a goal in that manner so we need Cash fit for that game I think and keep Diego well away from the pitch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s just because people are betting on others to win it so our odds lengthen, nothing really to do with the likelihood getting more or less likely :) 

It’s this… but the reasoning will be that we lost at home to Arsenal (title contender in this instance) who then drew with Man City (so they both gain a point on us).

Strangely, versus the same games - or equivalent - last season, we’re 1 point worse off at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes but the slate is wiped with Emery

20 % win record with Emery against that lot 

Our position now is amazing but they still very much have our numbers.

Edited by Pinebro

Realistically, to be in with a serious chance of winning the league, we probably need 90 points. If you split the league into 'thirds' of 13, 13 and 12 games, then to be on track we need 6 wins from the next 8 fixtures:

Ipswich (A)

Man U (H)

Fulham (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Spurs (A)

Liverpool (A)

Palace (H)

Chelsea (A)

We'd also probably need it to not be both the Liverpool and Chelsea games that we lose, as those are our most likely rivals. I don't see it personally, but that's the level we need to be scoring at. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Realistically, to be in with a serious chance of winning the league, we probably need 90 points. If you split the league into 'thirds' of 13, 13 and 12 games, then to be on track we need 6 wins from the next 8 fixtures:

Ipswich (A)

Man U (H)

Fulham (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Spurs (A)

Liverpool (A)

Palace (H)

Chelsea (A)

We'd also probably need it to not be both the Liverpool and Chelsea games that we lose, as those are our most likely rivals. I don't see it personally, but that's the level we need to be scoring at. 

Take it game at a time and let’s see where it takes us. 
Each week we look at opponents games with a view of Title/CL/Europe. So cheer for what helps getting us to whichever from those. 

For now I’m only thinking about Wycombe, how will we play, who’ll get chances, winning the game and getting the best draw after that. While how to maximize the benefits from the players who played and help us rotating more. 

Once we finish this I will bother thinking of Ipswich.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Ipswich (A)

Man U (H)

Fulham (A)

Bournemouth (H)

Spurs (A)

Liverpool (A)

Palace (H)

Chelsea (A)

Wont even think about PL title until we go on a crazy 10 wins in a row type run, as that is the form you would need to secure the top spot. 

Around 70pts pretty much guarantees Champions League,  so as I see it we need 58 more points.  70 is the new 40 😝

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Rodri out for the season increases our chances and Lord Unai can smell it

Odegaard out for Arsenal, Rodri out for the 115 all season. It's happening people.

The Don has all bases covered.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Wide open as in it could be man city, it could be arsenal

And last year they played both stones and akanji there so between those 2, kovacic, gundogan and the Brazilian wolves guy they'll be fine 

I can see them maybe at a push buying a CB as I think that's a longer term need due to stones and walker being on the decline 

Still don’t see Arsenal winning it. They have been lucky with injuries. There an injury to Saliba or Saka away from finishing 3rd.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Still don’t see Arsenal winning it. They have been lucky with injuries. There an injury to Saliba or Saka away from finishing 3rd.

They are also a draw away at Fulham away from a full emotional breakdown.

The entire team behaves like a 14 year old teenage girl about to explode any minute. 

That is not a winning mindset. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

That is correct because we will win it

• Thanks 2

115 now have Rodri out and potentially a severe points reduction.

Plop we’re always going to have an adjustment period.

Arsenal are, well, Arsenal. Lego Pep is just a little bit too much of a weirdo and didn’t really win much as a player compared to his man crush Guardiola. I still think they’ll choke.

Its our to lose. Put your house on it. Sure there’ll be bumps but I see us as champions come next May.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

115 now have Rodri out and potentially a severe points reduction.

Plop we’re always going to have an adjustment period.

Arsenal are, well, Arsenal. Lego Pep is just a little bit too much of a weirdo and didn’t really win much as a player compared to his man crush Guardiola. I still think they’ll choke.

Its our to lose. Put your house on it. Sure there’ll be bumps but I see us as champions come next May.

Done.   If I find myself homeless next May I will hunt you down and kill you!

• Haha 3

Despite being the 4th best team since Emery joined, and despite finishing 4th last year and sitting 3rd currently, Villa are 7th favourite to win the league according to SkyBet. 80/1 odds. 

For some reason, Manchester Red Sox are only 66/1 and Spuds 50/1! 

We are constantly overlooked as serious contenders while the world obsesses with Big Six mentality.
Keep sleeping on Emery guys, it suits us just fine. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Supported the club since 2000.

Games against Man Utd give me severe PTSD 

But you constantly ranted about elite mentality yet terrified at the thought of Harry Maguire and Diego Dalot

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Despite being the 4th best team since Emery joined, and despite finishing 4th last year and sitting 3rd currently, Villa are 7th favourite to win the league according to SkyBet. 80/1 odds. 

For some reason, Manchester Red Sox are only 66/1 and Spuds 50/1! 

We are constantly overlooked as serious contenders while the world obsesses with Big Six mentality.
Keep sleeping on Emery guys, it suits us just fine. 

Let them be plus thats the gamblers market. Enough idiots listen to Gary Neville thinking United are back and waste money on them

I dont respect anybody knowledge of football that rates this United team

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â