Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

5 hours ago, duke313 said:

But those are teams, in the past, we wouldn’t have beat. We’ve been doing exactly what big teams have been doing for years, beating those bottom teams when you’re not at your best. It’s dropping points to those teams that will cost us 4th, not dropping points to City or Arsenal. 

Exactly. The teams we would expect to beat has expanded significantly in the last couple of seasons.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JPJCB said:

Is this true? Completely passed me by if so 

Looking back just a few seasons, it can only be equal best. In 2020-1 we won 4, lost 1 of our first five PL games and had a Carabao cup win to boot. This included the 7-2 against Liverpool.

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Man Utd lost points to Palace who are down there, Spurs drew as well to the Leicester we won against. Newcastle had tough circumstances against Wolves. Although they’re much better but Bournemouth played one side against Chelsea, who somehow won it at the end.

We’ve done well against Arsenal as well. It’s not only the results but also the way of controlling matches and playing while players out injured. 

I agree on most of what you’ve said regarding improvements, that’s the best part is we’re finding ways to win yet there is a big room for improvement. 

Going through the season Emery will even do more changes, I think he just doesn’t want to make them now so players such as Maatsen, Digne…etc don’t think they’ve lost their places but it’s just tactical view to each game. 

And we've got Kamara and Mings to come back into the team which massively boosts our squad. 

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Rodri potential ACL injury aswell. Expect Liverpool to smash wolves but you never no

Forgot about Liverpool. Their GD is miles better than us. Perhaps Wolves could do a Forest type job on them.

Most important is we're getting plenty of points on the board before November/December hits. Plenty of potential to get more in the next five games aswell.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Hopefully we can beat Man U. That's our next big test in the Premier League.  I don't think we will win the lesgue but I didn't expect us to be in the top 4 after 5 games. 

They will do the double over us again.

Emery has broken many things at this club but the voodoo they have on us is too strong even for Emery to change.

Edited by Pinebro
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

They will do the double over us again.

Emery has broken many things at this club but the voodoo they have on us is too strong even for Emery to change.

Did you start following Villa from Emery’s second game in charge?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Did you start following Villa from Emery’s second game in charge?

We beat them once, woah

I will never go into a game against that lot feeling confident.

I'm confident against any other team 

Just now, Pinebro said:

We beat them once, woah

I will never go into a game against that lot feeling confident.

I'm confident against any other team 

So beating them at home for the first time in 27 years doesn’t qualify as even “changing” the voodoo they have on us?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

So beating them at home for the first time in 27 years doesn’t qualify as even “changing” the voodoo they have on us?

Not really.

We beat them once then they have beaten us 4 times since that game

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MSvillain said:

We absolutely need to beat them at VP in a few weeks

I'm confident. We aren't playing quite as high a line so far this season as previously which is always an issue with their crossfield diagonals. Think they'll also really struggle to handle Rogers with his runs from deep. You saw from that double save Onana made yesterday than Nkeiteh picked up some space between their midfield/defence and ran at their backline for 15 yards.

Eriksen getting a few starts currently but he'd really struggle against someone like Rogers popping up on his shoulder. 

McTominay also no longer an issue, he's scored a few past us down the years.

Only issue is playing Bayern Munich before so I think we'll see likes of Barkley and Maatsen start this.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Not really.

We beat them once then they have beaten us 4 times since that game

They actually beat us a few days later in the cup after Unai's first game, think we were leading twice in the second half but typically gifted them a goal or two with dodgy passes. Not the sort of game where we want Diego Carlos starting so hopefully Pau and Konsa stay fit as don't think we had either for the VP game and that cost us.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â