Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

5 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Bookies pricing us 4/1 for top 4 (seven teams ahead of us). I honestly think that’s great value from where I’m sat. I’m really confident that Unai isnt going to take us backwards this season 

Your seat went missing as well? 😉  

I went for outright without the big 6 at 2-1.   I guess a lot will depend on how we can handle both the league and Champs league and why Newcastle's ahead of us.

13 hours ago, rodders129 said:

Bookies pricing us 4/1 for top 4 (seven teams ahead of us). I honestly think that’s great value from where I’m sat. I’m really confident that Unai isnt going to take us backwards this season 

Crazy how underrated we are with the bookies.

Now the dust has settled I have absolutely no idea what to think. Feels like we could finish anywhere between 4th and 8th. Will Man Utd be good? Will Chelsea? How good will spurs, Newcastle, West Ham or even Brighton and Crystal Palace be? Christ knows.  

On 25/08/2024 at 17:40, ender4 said:

Leicester (a) - WIN

Everton (h) - WIN

Wolves (h) - WIN

Ipswich (a) - WIN

Man Utd (h) - DRAW (due to the curse)

Fulham (a) - WIN

Bournemouth (h) - WIN

First one ticked off 😬😀

• Like 2

Today was the sort of game we won like clockwork last year so good sign to still have that mentality to beat a team away we should be beating.

Can't help feeling though just weeks into the season we're already stretched in an area of the pitch with 2-3 injuries and the window has now closed. That will really hurt us in the winter period so important we continue chalking up the wins early in the season, plenty more opportunity with the games we're playing in September.

• Like 1

Just now, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but could fifth-place potentially get Champions League again this season? Whenever I search for it, all I can find is articles about last year.

Yes. Last season was a bit of anomaly with how bad the prem teams were in Europe but we know it's usually better than that so 5th place should be good enough for CL every 4 out of 5 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but could fifth-place potentially get Champions League again this season? Whenever I search for it, all I can find is articles about last year.

Yes most likely 5th spot will qualify for CL.   

Italians won’t do as well as they did last year, so it should be pretty open for 2 extra spots between England, Spain, Germany and Italy.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

We have no chance to win the PL Title. Should be a top 4 race thread. 

Hit the 2 points per game target early on. Lets keep it up.

The thread title doesn’t say race to the title - the race can be to any position in the Premier League 😀

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Side point: What a great story is being told with Villa so far. Dealing with PSR constraints, bringing in young players, a future England star, etc. What a narrative! I know it can all go pear-shaped, but for now, we're arguably along with Brighton the most interesting (for the right reasons) club in the Premier League. Who gives a shite about Man City or Arsenal. Boring. Been there. And Pool? Just ... old. Villa and Brighton are where the future of the league is at the moment.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

41 minutes ago, ender4 said:

No way, that would spoil the run of wins 😬😜

I meant there will be a focus on the CL games so often the fixture after suffers. 

14 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

We have no chance to win the PL Title. Should be a top 4 race thread. 

Hit the 2 points per game target early on. Lets keep it up.

As we saw last season you can finish 4th comfortably with less than 2 points a game average. 76 points is a monumental ask with CL participation.

However no reason at all we can't be in the 60-65 point range which will take 4th-5th to final few weeks. That ratio is 10 home wins, 9 away wins and then 6-7 draws on top so with 2/2 on the road we're already looking as good away as last season.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Today was the sort of game we won like clockwork last year so good sign to still have that mentality to beat a team away we should be beating.

Can't help feeling though just weeks into the season we're already stretched in an area of the pitch with 2-3 injuries and the window has now closed. That will really hurt us in the winter period so important we continue chalking up the wins early in the season, plenty more opportunity with the games we're playing in September.

Don't know we got bullied off the park by these type of teams last season..Forest away for example but I agree we are stretched in certain positions like rb and no Diaby to replace Bailey although Ramsey gave us something different. Problem has been the form of Watkins and Bailey who were sensational last season.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Don't know we got bullied off the park by these type of teams last season..Forest away for example but I agree we are stretched in certain positions like rb and no Diaby to replace Bailey although Ramsey gave us something different. Problem has been the form of Watkins and Bailey who were sensational last season.

Forest away was the only away we lost in the league between September 3rd-Boxing day. People were going way OTT about our way form in the first half of the season.

In reality when you look at how finishes 4th-8th most seasons they usually average 7-8 away wins so that looks very achieveable again this season.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â