Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

Don't really get any stick for Carragher. Think 6th is a perfectly reasonable prediction and would actually represent a positive season for Villa. It's looking like it'll be a crazily competitive league this season and I wouldn't take umbrage with anyone having Villa anywhere from 4th to 8th. Some of Neville's shouts were a bit mad all round, not really specifically a slight against Villa.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HeroesAndVillans said:

Love the optimism, if anyone can do it, it's Unai and his world class Villans.

Unai is the X factor. We are so lucky to have him

11 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Don't really get any stick for Carragher. Think 6th is a perfectly reasonable prediction and would actually represent a positive season for Villa. It's looking like it'll be a crazily competitive league this season and I wouldn't take umbrage with anyone having Villa anywhere from 4th to 8th. Some of Neville's shouts were a bit mad all round, not really specifically a slight against Villa.

I didn't take any offence from what he said either. I think he was trying to be realistic, in his own view at least, which is fine. I would take 6th because we could more than likely go on to win the Europa League in the following season. Of course the aim is UCL qualification again but nah, nothing wrong with what Carragher said there.

Thing is with Arteta, won one trophy with arsenal in five years. Not really great is it. Compare that to Klopp both had similar income and squads. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, colhint said:

Thing is with Arteta, won one trophy with arsenal in five years. Not really great is it. Compare that to Klopp both had similar income and squads. 

Arteta to me seems like a man who will always get them "nearly there" but not over the line, which isn't knocking him because City are a machine. I will say that he is a good young manager and he is likely going to have a long career as a top level boss, but one trophy in five years with the amount that he has spent is not great. If he doesn't do it in the next couple of seasons I think he could leave Arsenal. The Barca job would suit him, obviously, but with the arrival of Mbappe at Madrid he may face the same issues. Somewhere like Ajax could be good for him as well, they need help and he'd have an easier time getting a couple of trophies under his belt.

He's learning but when he comes up against managers like Unai it is clear that he needs to keep working.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

I've made a Season 24/25 promise to myself.

I'm going to be focussed much less on points dropped and points still to be won, instead, celebrate the points on the board. Last season was ridiculous, focussing on point still to be won for Spurs and United, whereas we'd already won ours.

24/25 is the of a matured Don Simon.

Good plan there. I think it makes more sense to focus on what we can do or what we have already done. It's better to think about our destiny being completely in our hands and other clubs' being completely in theirs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colhint said:

Ten Hag has won more at Utd

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I've made a Season 24/25 promise to myself.

I'm going to be focussed much less on points dropped and points still to be won, instead, celebrate the points on the board. Last season was ridiculous, focussing on point still to be won for Spurs and United, whereas we'd already won ours.

24/25 is the of a matured Don Simon.

I began by cheering for Fulham against Utd, and ended celebrating Leicester draw with Spurs. 
Some things will never change. 😁

It’s a bit different though, from looking at Wigan, QPR, Swansea and Sunderland…etc not to get relegated. 
Then following Fulham, Cardiff, Boro, Derby, Bristol…etc to promote. 
Then again following Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham not to get relegated.

To following Spurs and Brighton for Europe, then Spurs, Utd, Newcastle…etc for CL. 
Who knows about this season, the target might be looking at City, Arsenal and Liverpool results more seriously. 😁

• Like 1

Anywhere from 4th to 7th will be another good season

Apart from Arsenal and City it's all very close between the 3rd best and the 8th best team

• Like 2

I was expectng more than likely we would lose to Arsenal, which is why the win against West Ham was so important, winning that game means it hasn't been a bad start to the season, three from a possible six not great, but many would have predicted worse, and now we have a run of games from which we can get a decent haul of points from

Leicester (a), Everton (h), Wolves (h), Ipswich (a), Manchester United (h), Fulham (a)

Leicester might be trickier than it looks, as in their minds they will probably have it down as their big opportunity to get first win of the season, but if we can overcome them, then that should set us up well for the other games

I think Arsenal will win the league this year.

They didn't play great at all but 0-2 at what is now a very difficult away ground to win is a big early season statement result.

They've probably set 95 points as the target to win it and think they're fully capable of achieving it.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think Arsenal will win the league this year.

They didn't play great at all but 0-2 at what is now a very difficult away ground to win is a big early season statement result.

They've probably set 95 points as the target to win it and think they're fully capable of achieving it.

I don’t see them winning the league unless they get a striker. I said it last season but Harvertz up top doesn’t win you a title imo. They got away with one today, we score first we win that game imo.

Edited by WHY
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WHY said:

I don’t see them winning the league unless they get a striker. I said it last season but Harvertz up top doesn’t win you a title imo. They got away with one today, we score first we win that game imo.

They could do with an Isak but I'd say that's more an issue in CL. They did score a ridiculous amount of goals in the prem from January onwards last year.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â