Race for The Premier League - 2024/25

Don_Simon

56 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

We have really hit the big time. Gone are Leeds trolls. Now we have a United troll. 

I agree with Jigen. 

They have that Christian Ronnie bloke, a guy who shouts Ole every match, the model who married someone spicy (very posh, not a commoner), even a French poet. Don't forget the singer who played at many Gigs and the wannabe Vinny Jones.

All Villa have is half a Brummie band who loves Wet Spam, a goalie who w*nks into a glove, a thug who would kill for Cash, and a Torres who isn't even a striker.  Even worse they have a bloke called Dave or maybe Roger who copies Cole Palmer and a minger who stamps on people's heads.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jigen said:

The only place where you are better is Gk, because Onana is shit and Martinez is class. And ok, Lb, because Shaw is always injured. 
But then Man Utd have better players. This is not disprectful for you, but Man Utd made great signings and have top players. And they have the big advantage of not playing CL matches.
You made a miracle last year, but two miracles in a row... I hope for you but I would be very surprised.

again, you can say man utd have better players but that is only on paper, the reality is that those "better players" don't play like it

casemiro is a prime example, you can argue that he's better than any of our midfield, he's not....but lets pretend his wikipedia page means something, if you actually watch him for man utd in 2024 he's hot trash, he's a bottom end of the league quality CM, he's near finished at this level

and that is man utd's problem, you can say the same for rashford, onana, maguire, shaw, mount, eriksen, antony, even bruno now isnt the same level that he was, too many names that simply don't perform

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

again, you can say man utd have better players but that is only on paper, the reality is that those "better players" don't play like it

casemiro is a prime example, you can argue that he's better than any of our midfield, he's not....but lets pretend his wikipedia page means something, if you actually watch him for man utd in 2024 he's hot trash, he's a bottom end of the league quality CM, he's near finished at this level

and that is man utd's problem, you can say the same for rashford, onana, maguire, shaw, mount, eriksen, antony, even bruno now isnt the same level that he was, too many names that simply don't perform

More than that, they have a clueless manager…we saw how bad we were under Gerrard and very quickly how Emery took the same players to a different level.  So it doesn’t matter what standard your players are, their manager won’t get a consistent tune out of them which you need to achieve Top 4 or even compete with Emery and the Villa.  

Barring injuries, Emery will drag this team to at least 65 points and likely a few more and I don’t see Man U being able to match that because they aren’t consistent (or managed well) never mind who their players are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

This is true. In fact my analysis is on paper: If you look one by one the Manchester players they are very strong. On paper they should fight to win the PL: Arsenal players are no better. But then the team plays badly on the pitch. But for me, even playing bad and with only the quality of the players, will be enough to get a Champions League spot. 

43 minutes ago, jigen said:

This is true. In fact my analysis is on paper: If you look one by one the Manchester players they are very strong. On paper they should fight to win the PL: Arsenal players are no better. But then the team plays badly on the pitch. But for me, even playing bad and with only the quality of the players, will be enough to get a Champions League spot. 

Absolutely no chance, there are plenty of teams Villa should worry about for a top 4 finish than Man Utd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jigen said:

You believe that on paper that Man Utd have players enough to fight for the PL?  

That these players even under a really good manager could get close to 90 points? That’s what is needed to fight for the title even if not win it.

Foundation for any team is the Goalkeeper, they have Onana who isn’t a very good goalkeeper in terms of elite level, he’s certainly not Martinez, Ederson or Allison’s level.

Man Utd don’t have a quality elite striker.

I’m not sure anybody can disagree with the two points above and we can argue about the rest of the team but without either of the above two they couldn’t fight for the title.

As for “playing bad” and still getting a CL spot, they played bad last season and only got eighth.  So in reality or on paper they are limited on their ambitions.  I think a number of teams have better squads than Man U including us plus we have elite striker and elite goalkeeper.

Edited by nick76

6 hours ago, jigen said:

The only place where you are better is Gk, because Onana is shit and Martinez is class. And ok, Lb, because Shaw is always injured. 
But then Man Utd have better players. This is not disprectful for you, but Man Utd made great signings and have top players. And they have the big advantage of not playing CL matches.
You made a miracle last year, but two miracles in a row... I hope for you but I would be very surprised.

I think you might find we have a muuuuuuuuuuuuch better manager and that makes quite a difference 

7 hours ago, jigen said:

Not in midfield. Mainoo is decent but still young, Casemiro and Eriksen both finished against midfields that can pass and move and Ugarte unproven in prem. Compare that to the options we have. Tielemans started the season brilliantly, McGinn is exactly the type they need in central midfield to rat around and be a nuisance to opposition and Kamara will be back in next two months hopefully.

Also upfront. No chance whatsoever I'd trade Watkins/Duran for Hojlund/Zirkee and I think the goal tallies at the end of the season will reflect that.

Fernandes would get in our team with how we line up and Garnacho is a bit underrated generally on this forum given he's still only 20 but beyond that this is the first time in decades where 5/6 Man. United players really don't improve us that much if you swop them with ours.

They'll also be playing Thurs/Sun so will pick up injuries. Think winning the Europa is their best route into CL as they won't get close to any of last season's top 3 and hard to see them finishing above all of us, Newcastle, Chelsea and Spurs. I think they'll struggle to finish above Brighton this year.

8 hours ago, jigen said:

Better fans, we have better fans as well. All the rest is debatable.

To be fair, Man United have recruited well over the summer, with luck and a following wind they should be able to achieve another top-half finish this season. At a push, they might even qualify for the conference league.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Decision to rule out Watkins goal could potentially cost us in the league, as if it had have stood we would have been able to rest players earlier in the game and have them better ready for Wolves, or at least have more rest before that game, hopefully it doesn't cost us, but small things like that can make a difference.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â