New Walkout Music

maqroll

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

I think having a local band and a Villa fan is the right thing. Would definitely take that over something not related to Villa. 

The Wild Boys suggested by someone earlier would be ok and fits the local theme too. 

On 14/05/2024 at 22:20, Milfner said:

If it's any Sabbath song it should be War Pigs with the sirens at the start cranked up. Would work really well imo

Yer, the whole of Villa Park belting out a first line of “Villans gather in their masses” would be pretty special

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

“It’ll be good to hear the Champions League music instead of Black Sabbath.”-- Gary Shaw

On 16/05/2024 at 09:57, Jas10 said:

Let’s give this a go, John can lead:

Honestly not that bad! 😁

I’m more than happy keeping Crazy Train. As for it not being well known, the same could be said clearly of ‘Theme From an Unmade Silent Movie’ but that is Villa heritage through and through.

• Like 3

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath. Its literally perfect and will intimidate every team that comes to VP.
Just the music though, with pyro and all sorts.

• Like 1

On 21/05/2024 at 05:32, Villarocker said:

Villans gather in their masses, to witness Unai's masterclasses. 

A genius who gives instructions, to maximise your team's destruction.

On the field three points were yearning, the Villa machine keeps on turning. 

A football gift to blow your mind, the pundits won't see 'cos their blind. 

Oh McGrath , yeah! 

I love War Pigs 😀

OMG, someone needs to belt this out.  

52 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath. Its literally perfect and will intimidate every team that comes to VP.
Just the music though, with pyro and all sorts.

That would be the ideal - turn the lights out, get the music playing, some pyro, flashing lights, a big Holte End tifo and keep this set up for years to come. 

• Like 1

On 14/05/2024 at 18:20, OutByEaster? said:

Metal hasn't been popular since the late 80's.

Surely there's something we can do that isn't that?

Some football fans argue that Villa hasn't been popular since the 80's either.

Some things are timeless - a heavy tune out of a guitar (be that metal, rock, blues etc) is one of those things. Sabbath invented that.

Villa is another example of something local and timeless.

And it sort of ties in well with what Villa did for football in general, and how much of an influence Sabbath had on the world music. 

Posted (edited)

Always enjoyed this tune since FIFA. May be on the pre-playlist before the actual walkout music though. Not a banger to hype up the crowd.

Edited by kidlewis

12 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

I spoke to my thee kids ages 15,12 and 8 about this topic and quickly learned 40 year olds should not be making decisions on what engages the youth 😄

You can still pick something timeless though. 

One of the very few things I enjoy about Spurs is Duel of the Fates - John Williams is an exceptional walk out tune. 

• Like 1

I think something orchestral with a bundle of emotion would be a good choice.

I'm not actually sure this is something that's actually being considered at the moment anyway in fairness.

Â