Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City 14/05/24

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Of course Ange decides now is the time to play Van De Ven at LB and finally play his 20m backup CB, as well as pack the midfield. Where was this energy when you were getting destroyed by Arsenal and Chelsea? Takes him to gameweek 37 to have an inkling that maybe Flangeball doesn't really work against good teams.

Isn’t it better that he’s only realised this in GW37 when it’s all but too late?

• Like 1

On one side I would love us to do this ourself, and not rely on other teams to do the job for us. On the other hand I would like to avoid the nervous breakdown I would get, if we have to go to Crystal Palace on the last day to get a result.

For the mental health of all Villa fans, please ManC don’t lose today. 

19 minutes ago, tinker said:

I wonder if Richarlison will start, thought he did well when he come on against Liverpool. 

Injured

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

On one side I would love us to do this ourself, and not rely on other teams to do the job for us. On the other hand I would like to avoid the nervous breakdown I would get, if we have to go to Crystal Palace on the last day to get a result.

I do get it, but it's just timing of the games. We absolutely will have done it ourselves. After a long 38 game season, we'll have been the 4th best team in the land and 100% done that ourselves. Only finding out tonight because of scheduling

• Like 1

Spurs lose this and the retric will be Man City gift champions league to villa. In a perfect "villa" world we beat Palace to get champions league

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

No one is doing the job for us. 

Every team played every team. The table doesn't lie. If we qualify it's because of what we've done, not another team doing us a favour. 

We've beaten Man City. If Spurs what to finish ahead of us they've got to do the same. 

They've got to try and match what we've already done. City aren't helping us, we helped ourselves. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

No one is doing the job for us. 

Every team played every team. The table doesn't lie. If we qualify it's because of what we've done, not another team doing us a favour. 

We've beaten Man City. If Spurs what to finish ahead of us they've got to do the same. 

They've got to try and match what we've already done. City aren't helping us, we helped ourselves. 

Spurs also got an underserved win against Liverpool thanks to VAR too but the media often forgets that. We didn't get such luck.