Pics from where you live

MikeMcKenna

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Walked past Gareth Southgate's gaff again this afternoon. 

Screenshot_2024-08-18-19-13-21-74_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg

Do you carry a loo roll with you when out walking? I certainly would. 

• Haha 1

On 18/08/2024 at 19:13, T-Dog said:

This is taken from the step of the living room door leading out to the garden.

I would imagine for most, it's just a photo of badly maintained garden.

10 years ago I thought I had it all, nice house, nice missus, little dog, half decent salary, I was living the dream that we're all told to. It was half hour away from my roots, but you know, it was nice, comfortable.

2 years later it all fell to shit. We split up, I lost the house (and a lot of money), the dog, my job, I ended up sleeping on sofas for about 6 months.

It took almost a decade to get back to this point, to own my own place (by myself), to get a much better job, to be able to have a place that was my 'own'

And that housing estate on the horizon? That was where I grew up as a nipper from a broken home. My primary school is right behind it.

It's not a palace, but every time I come downstair and open those blinds it's a constant reminder of where I came from, how tough things were as a toddler, and how proud I am of where I'm at and my roots, family and friends that support that.

You could offer me #1 Times Square and I wouldn't swap it for this. Ever. This view is me. The best times, the hardest times, and now, the times that make me realise who I am and how lucky I am.

image.thumb.jpeg.aaf917e3ba214d2ac238466bd861c1ce.jpeg

That’s all you need mate. Lovely little read that was. 

• Like 2

On 18/08/2024 at 19:21, sidcow said:

Do you carry a loo roll with you when out walking? I certainly would. 

Just out of interest: 

On the banks of the reservoir stands Swinsty Hall, built in the 17th century. Local legend has it that the hall was built by a man named Robinson, who left nearby Fewston to seek his fortune in London. On arriving there, he found it in the grip of the great plague of 1603–4. Robinson took to looting the houses of the dead and amassed a great fortune with which he returned home, purchased the Swinsty estate, and built Swinsty Hall.

The truth appears more mundane – a family named Wood owned the Swinsty estates in the sixteenth century, and Francis Wood undertook to erect a new hall on the estate as part of a marriage contract. Unable to pay for it, he raised a loan from Henry Robinson, and when he got into further financial difficulties in 1590, Robinson foreclosed and took the hall and estates in lieu of the debt.

The hall was owned by a succession of Robinsons right up until 1772. At this point, the male Robinson line came to an end and the hall and estate passed to Robert Bramley, husband of Mary Robinson, and later his son John Bramley, and in 1853 John Bramley's son, also named John. Stone for the construction of Fewston Reservoir was purchased from the Swinsty Hall quarry in 1874, from a Mr Bramley.

The hall is now owned and occupied by England football manager Gareth Southgate and his family.

Wiki

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

spacer.png

That looks a little like a spot very near my house. 

131554_1607711718.jpg

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 2

Just now, mjmooney said:

That looks a little like spot very near my house. 

131554_1607711718.jpg

Yeah that looks nice! That picture I pasted is about a 5min walk from my place. Love living close to areas like these.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

I'll have a stab, Lötsjön?

Impressive. Either you're an absolute boss at geoguesser, have lived in Sundbyberg, or know how to google images really well ;)

Edited by osmark86

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Impressive. Either you're an absolute boss at geogesser, have lived in Sundbyberg, or know how to google images really well ;)

My granny used to live in Rissne :D Daughter has just moved in to Sundbyberg so I drove past it 2 weeks ago. (When that massive rainshower happened )

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tegis said:

My granny used to live in Rissne :D Daughter has just moved in to Sundbyberg so I drove past it 2 weeks ago. (When that massive rainshower happened )

Oh haha that sure explains it. Been living here for about 12 years now myself and I love it. I hope she likes it here as well! Welcome to the neighborhood etc 😁

Actually missed that crazy shower as I was driving past Gävle at that point on our way home from Järvsö (downhill weekend!), but my wife told me it was quite the storm.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

Oh haha that sure explains it. Been living here for about 12 years now myself and I love it. I hope she likes it here as well! Welcome to the neighborhood etc 😁

Actually missed that crazy shower as I was driving past Gävle at that point on our way home from Järvsö (downhill weekend!), but my wife told me it was quite the storm.

I bet you'd never see two English blokes conversing with each other in perfect Swedish on AIK Talk. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s all you need mate. Lovely little read that was. 

Bless you sir, it's a strange loop to come back to that view but I'll never take it for granted. 

Hope Snowden went okay bud? 

15 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Bless you sir, it's a strange loop to come back to that view but I'll never take it for granted. 

He broke the record for fastest decent 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Off work for around 3 weeks with 18 stitches 😂

• Shocked 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â