Pics from where you live

MikeMcKenna

21 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Correct. My wife to undergrad at Colby. Will be visiting MIL in Rhode Island in July, want to get up to Maine but not sure if we’ll have enough time. 🤞

Portland makes a great weekend and it's not that far up. The food and beer are top tier.

3 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Claiming Offseason Heroin as band name 😜

I'll piggyback on that and call the album Brave the Traffic

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Portland makes a great weekend and it's not that far up. The food and beer are top tier.

Been there many times, though it’s been a good while. Saw two Grateful Dead shows there in 85, though have been there since. IIRC the last time we were in Maine was at Little Sebago Lake for 3-4 days

• Like 1

On 25/05/2024 at 12:53, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Do you have regularish earthquakes where you live? Sorry, I don my know where you are located 

Regularish threats of earthquakes, at least.   I'm in the Silicon Valley area.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Regularish threats of earthquakes, at least.   I'm in the Silicon Valley area.

Ah, were neighbors 😉 we’ve had a few up here in Chico over past few months 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

Temps not the least bit unusual but it is a bit off for the heat to hit so hard this early in June. Usually it’s the 3rd or 4th week of the month when it gets this warm. 

IMG-9890.png

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

On 12/05/2024 at 13:56, Mark Albrighton said:

Grope Lane to the right there, formerly Gropewordremoved Lane.

Bear Steps to the left, apparently there was a pub called The Bear.

There's a story I won't be researching on the company internet.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, BOF said:

Haha that name was common place in various parts of the UK for a while. I believe the one in Shrewsbury is the only street/alley name in the country that retains the “grope” part (I might be wrong). Over the centuries a lot of other places have changed to the more sanitised “Grape Lane”.

There is the suggestion that in Shrewsbury’s case because it’s a narrow, crooked alleyway, people would “grope” their way to make their way through. I am slightly sceptical of this reason. Having walked down it plenty of times I do get the sense that it was probably a suitable location to tout for business of a certain type. 

There’s a Harry Potter gift shop there now, which is one of the places my daughter likes me to spend my money.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I put a sad face because whilst I'm sure it was really exciting to be around those engines in the condition they're in, I think it's criminal they were just left to rot :( 

This is why Thomas saved Oliver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

As an Irishman you'll have known about this, but for years I thought the folk song 'The Holy Ground' was some sort of religious/romantic/mystical reference. In fact it was about the notorious red light district in Cork. 

Fine girl you are, indeed. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â