New kits 24/25

sne

21 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** me Adidas are lazy

Indeed, we already know exactly what our first team kit will look like. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Indeed, we already know exactly what our first team kit will look like. 

I'm hoping we may get a bit of a tartan pattern on it at least, as it's been vaguely rumoured.

22 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

**** me Adidas are lazy

I don't think they are. We are buying into a brand; they want their clients to look like Adidas athletes.

They are going for a template that is instantly recognisable, without seeing the badge you should know ''yeah, that is an adidas kit''.

The level of customisation depends on the client. But they will still keep it fairly the same. 

What you pay for is the fabric, the quality, the badge (of course) the wider availability, the 'adidas look'. 

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I don't think they are. We are buying into a brand; they want their clients to look like Adidas athletes.

They are going for a template that is instantly recognisable, without seeing the badge you should know ''yeah, that is an adidas kit''.

The level of customisation depends on the client. But they will still keep it fairly the same. 

What you pay for is the fabric, the quality, the badge (of course) the wider availability, the 'adidas look'. 

Correct. Nike do the exact same thing. You are getting the prestige of having a one of the top two sportswear brands.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, sne said:

Very basic stuff

2874_manchester_united_24_25_adidas_home_kit_a1.jpg

This is why I fear trying to do claret (let's call them "tusks" shall we?) inside the kit being primarily that color: I bet adidas can't get the colors to match because it's different fabrics. I've seen it happen with multiple manufacturers trying to match a color across different materials (even plastics, in the case of American football) and it is exceedingly difficult.

This makes me think our tusks should be blue, because this looks SHIT. The football having multiple reds on it next to it makes it look even worse. Makes me wonder about the different shorts pattern though for the change shorts (will they also be claret, or blue and if so what will be the "tusk" for that, as I'd think you'd want that to all potentially match up???).

Edited by 479Villan

13 hours ago, 479Villan said:

This is why I fear trying to do claret (let's call them "tusks" shall we?) inside the kit being primarily that color: I bet adidas can't get the colors to match because it's different fabrics. I've seen it happen with multiple manufacturers trying to match a color across different materials (even plastics, in the case of American football) and it is exceedingly difficult.

This makes me think our tusks should be blue, because this looks SHIT. The football having multiple reds on it next to it makes it look even worse. Makes me wonder about the different shorts pattern though for the change shorts (will they also be claret, or blue and if so what will be the "tusk" for that, as I'd think you'd want that to all potentially match up???).

They don't want the red to match. It's supposed to stand out. The problem with doing it in the same colour is that it looks like it's a failed attempt to get then to match.

Either way I guess I agree that those tusks need to be a completely different colour. Blue is fine for us, and is a no brainer option for them. United had the issue that their shorts are white so they can't really go with white as an option...maybe black would have been better for them?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, S-Platt said:

Funky!

Screenshot_20240704_225925_WhatsApp.jpg

This is my MLS club and I’d like it more if the zig zag didn’t “flip up” like that. I don’t get it. Otherwise it’s fun as hell. 

Unlike watching the team. Oof. 

• Like 2

On 04/07/2024 at 09:52, sne said:

Very basic stuff

2874_manchester_united_24_25_adidas_home_kit_b1.jpg2874_manchester_united_24_25_adidas_home_kit_a1.jpg

This one OK depending on lighting. No idea why they bother with white text on light blue as it's impossible to make out. They seem to have a similar badge fail to us.

2873_west_ham_united_24_25_umbro_home_kit_b.jpg2873_west_ham_united_24_25_umbro_home_kit_e.jpg

That Manchester United kit looks awful, what's with the orange? Doesn't work at all. Don't mind the West Ham top but it's a bit boring. 

4 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Be interested to know what the fabric is like on the adidas authentics currently, especially with Villa on deck, versus the replica?

In MLS (my most recent experience with adidas), you want to get authentic because that's the only way to get a kit with stars on it and another design flourish or two, and the material is always more breathable.

8 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

That Manchester United kit looks awful, what's with the orange? Doesn't work at all. Don't mind the West Ham top but it's a bit boring. 

8 hours ago, Oaks said:

That West Ham kit is nice. 

Dunno, I am not feeling the west ham one. Looks a bit on the boring side.

8 hours ago, sne said:

2881_ipswich_town_24_25_umbro_away_kit_f1.jpg2881_ipswich_town_24_25_umbro_away_kit_c1.jpg

I see our own lovable Dr Tony Xia is sponsoring Ipswich. Nice to see you back over here, doc.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â