Summer Transfers 2024

sne

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Would be a big blow if they lost him, like us losing Watkins.  

Yeah, I’m not a fan of Chelsea hoovering up more top talent despite their rule breaking too. They are right to demand a high price for him. 

10 hours ago, sne said:

"The Moose" to Bologna Interesting move, would be great for the Swedish national side if he makes it there.

Was coming to thread to flag this transfer to you.

No surprise to see a smart club like Bologna bring him in after your recommendation.

• Like 1

Atalanta signing Ben Godfrey for 10m is a bizarre one for me. 

He's been awful for years and surely ill suited to their high tempo game.

Everton got a decent amount of money in already this summer and could still sell DCL and Onana later on so little threat of points deductions this season.

Think they'll actually keep Branthwaite for another year as Man. United will probably continue to lowball them.

Edited by VillaChris

Ben Godfrey plays like he's got bananas for boots. Hilariously inept footballer.

Nketiah is to goals what Olsen is to clean sheets.

Newcastle PSR should not sell Isak for any price. He's elite and they would struggle to get someone half as good. I'd take a points deduction.

Edit. Godfrey and Nketiah somehow have England caps which leads me to assume Southgate calls up anyone under 23. Interestingly Godfrey got his after 1 PL season years before Konsa who at that point in time had double plus more games at PL level under his belt than Godfrey.

In short. Southgate is a **** clown.

Edited by rodders0223

12 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Was coming to thread to flag this transfer to you.

No surprise to see a smart club like Bologna bring him in after your recommendation.

Atalanta turned down the option to buy for 8 million as he was underwhelming on loan

I dont think they have appointed a good manager to replace Motta so big season for them

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Atalanta turned down the option to buy for 8 million as he was underwhelming on loan

I dont think they have appointed a good manager to replace Motta so big season for them

Big season for sure. With their back room team as it is, likely some sides will begin to try to take some of those staff.

Signed Calafiori for £3m last summer :lol:

19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Big season for sure. With their back room team as it is, likely some sides will begin to try to take some of those staff.

Signed Calafiori for £3m last summer :lol:

Calafiori was an incredible deal but he was a struggling full back and it seemed only Motta saw he could play centre back. Lots in Italy worried maybe a one season wonder

Motta will probably play Dougie there for Juve if he doesnt get Calafiori 😉

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Calafiori was an incredible deal but he was a struggling full back and it seemed only Motta saw he could play centre back. Lots in Italy worried maybe a one season wonder

Motta will probably play Dougie there for Juve if he doesnt get Calafiori 😉

I'm far from convinced Calafiori is a long-term top player just yet.

He's like wild horse crossed with David Luiz. Tremendous fun.

And an unbelievable purchase for £3m.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm far from convinced Calafiori is a long-term top player just yet.

He's like wild horse crossed with David Luiz. Tremendous fun.

And an unbelievable purchase for £3m.

In a back 3 he be great. In a back 4 he be a long term liability

But yeah incredible to watch in an era when players take few risks

Â