Summer Transfers 2024

sne

Just now, Zatman said:

Not really maybe thats how they rate him

They have been moaned at for overpaying for players and now moaned at for underbidding

it stinks of arrogance and trying to unsettle a player 

Just now, Zatman said:

Not really maybe thats how they rate him

They have been moaned at for overpaying for players and now moaned at for underbidding

or they know Everton are in a PSR hole, so are trying to take their assets on the cheap.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

or they know Everton are in a PSR hole, so are trying to take their assets on the cheap.

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

it stinks of arrogance and trying to unsettle a player 

Bet if we did we would be labelled shrewd businessmen

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bet if we did we would be labelled shrewd businessmen

Nope. offering 50 would have been a start if the selling club want 70. It's like offering 200 on a house listed at 400

Edited by paul514

I'm confused by the outrage of Manchester United's Branwaite bid, why is £35m insulting, it's normal to go in low, he's had two good seasons one of those in the Dutch league.. He's not worth £70m just because that figure is banded about in the media, in reality I doubt anyone would pay over £50m

4 minutes ago, useless said:

I'm confused by the outrage of Manchester United's Branwaite bid, why is £35m insulting, it's normal to go in low, he's had two good seasons one of those in the Dutch league.. He's not worth £70m just because that figure is banded about in the media, in reality I doubt anyone would pay over £50m

At the very beginning of the discussion United would have been told the ball park Everton would want. 

Then in a highly unusual move they agreed terms with the player further weakening their negotiating leverage. To offer £35m for a player valued by the owner at £70m is embarrassing. 

They either have to (over) pay for him which brings the usual issues United have in the transfer market, or they walk away and look like idiots that still cant do proper transfer deals.

Same old United.

On 22/06/2024 at 20:34, Genie said:

At the very beginning of the discussion United would have been told the ball park Everton would want. 

Then in a highly unusual move they agreed terms with the player further weakening their negotiating leverage. To offer £35m for a player valued by the owner at £70m is embarrassing. 

They either have to (over) pay for him which brings the usual issues United have in the transfer market, or they walk away and look like idiots that still cant do proper transfer deals.

Same old United.

they're doing what they've always done, real madrid do exactly the same

they make it known to every man and his dog that they want a player, they put a shit lowball bid in that will be rejected because the selling club actually has no obligation to sell, then they sit back for a couple of months while the players agent moans like ****, the media constantly regurgitate fabricated stories and somehow the general footballing public opinion starts to shift towards the selling club acting unfairly towards man utd

**** em, hope everton continue to tell them to **** off, it might have worked for 30 years but utd are no longer the club they used to be, they throw money around on bad transfers, why should everton buck that trend 

On 22/06/2024 at 20:27, useless said:

Is he even that good, genuine question as I rarely watch Everton? Looking at his stats he is very good defensively but no surprise under Dyche’s anti football he has some of the worst passing and ball carrying stats in the league… I can’t believe that type of defender would ever be wanted by a top team

14 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

Is he even that good, genuine question as I rarely watch Everton? Looking at his stats he is very good defensively but no surprise under Dyche’s anti football he has some of the worst passing and ball carrying stats in the league… I can’t believe that type of defender would ever be wanted by a top team

The short answer is yes, he's very good, but also he has big advantages (young, English, left-footed) so big clubs want that stuff and think they can train the passing side of things. 

The alternative seems to be Yoro from Lille

Which one of those 2 are you taking? I'd lean straight away to the french youngster providing better value for money but branthwaite is plug and play

£70m is inacio, Silva, Yoro, todibo, scalvini, Tah, hato, diomande - maybe 2 of them if they got it right - it's best U21 CB in the world type money 

Haven't Man. United actually been banned from signing Todibo from Nice this summer?

He wants a prem move so would be great to hijack that interest and get him in as long term Mings replacement unless he's just going to play another year at Nice and then go there next summer.

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Haven't Man. United actually been banned from signing Todibo from Nice this summer?

He wants a prem move so would be great to hijack that interest and get him in as long term Mings replacement unless he's just going to play another year at Nice and then go there next summer.

He plays Nothing like Mings and is poor in the air for his height. Him and Pau be a horrible combo

Â