Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

Juventus were absolute desperate to get rid of him and the new manager had no problem dumping him quickly. Juve were also willing to take a cut on his wages to move him on

Probably not a bad egg but Juventus who have been woeful in attack last few seasons had no intentions to even try keep him

Edited by Zatman

He's a gamble, but for 10m it's hardly much of one.  If he stays fit for them he could be the signing of the summer, irrespective of cost. That's a huge if though. 

Even if he does stay fit, he may struggle to adapt to the English game, which I suspect is fairly likely. 

I'd not be disappointed if we spent that 10m on him, but I'd have fairly low expectations, but very high hopes.

It’s not the fee that’s the issue for Chiesa, it’s the wages. He’s rumoured to be getting £200k per week at Liverpool on a four year contract. That’s suddenly a £50m commitment, and not taking in to account his signing on fee, agent fee, loyalty bonus, other bonuses, etc. So you’re looking at potentially £70m for him. You keep him fit, and it’ll look like a good deal, otherwise it’s another high earner they won’t be able to shift. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

It’s not the fee that’s the issue for Chiesa, it’s the wages. He’s rumoured to be getting £200k per week at Liverpool on a four year contract. That’s suddenly a £50m commitment, and not taking in to account his signing on fee, agent fee, loyalty bonus, other bonuses, etc. So you’re looking at potentially £70m for him. You keep him fit, and it’ll look like a good deal, otherwise it’s another high earner they won’t be able to shift. 

The thing is I don't think he will be any more effective than Gakpo or Diaz, even Darwin Nunez might be more of a handful out on the left. It was a signing Liverpool didn't need to take the risk on.

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

I didn't think he'd be on that much,  and if he is then I'm far less upset we're missing out on him.

Annual SCP, or whatever the new acronym is,  will take a big hit with those salary figures. Maybe they're banking on the fact that if he's fit he'll be good and if he's injured insurance will cover his wages.

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The thing is I don't think he will be any more effective than Gakpo or Diaz, even Darwin Nunez might be more of a handful out on the left. It was a signing Liverpool didn't need to take the risk on.

I was shocked looking up Diaz stats last season as being talked about as FPL option. 2nd most PL mins of Liverpool squad and only 8 goals 5 assists. That's his best Pool season for returns

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I was shocked looking up Diaz stats last season as being talked about as FPL option. 2nd most PL mins of Liverpool squad and only 8 goals 5 assists. That's his best Pool season for returns

He was a bit shit last year for them but his family was kidnapped to be fair. Was out injured for most of the previous season too.

He looks better this season so far.

He makes too many runs down blind alleys imo there's a good player in there for sure but takes too many touches and turns in to trouble

If slot can coach it out of him he'd be very good

The £70m man city link was weird though 

11 hours ago, Rich192 said:

Baffling deal with that salary and contract length. No guarantee his knee will hold up or he can keep himself fit either 

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Kepa (the worlds most expensive goalkeeper still) to Bournemouth on loan done, not sure much was wrong with Neto but he is 35 now and may be declining.

He’s on £200,000k a week. I’m not sure how much Bournemouth are covering. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Kepa (the worlds most expensive goalkeeper still) to Bournemouth on loan done, not sure much was wrong with Neto but he is 35 now and may be declining.

I remember there was a Bournemouth fan video of them coming to Villa Park last season, and they all seem to hate Neto. He must be over the hill. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Maupay, Wahi and Greenwood

Marseille really not looking to win any popularity awards. Vile club

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Chelsea also weirdly extended his contract a year before loaning him. I get that he may do well so they can get a fee next year but everyone knows he's a temperamental shot stopper only. They'd have been better off having Bournemouth cover most of this year and then letting him go next season on a free.

They also extended and loaned Petrovic 🙈

21 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Liverpool's attack: Chiesa, Diaz, Nunez, Salah, Jota, Gakpo. Insane. 

Those are the levels we are dealing with at the top of the league. 

Chiesa untested in Prem, Nunez couldn't hit a barn door and Salah will run his contract down to take a pay day in Saudi next summer.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Liverpool's attack: Chiesa, Diaz, Nunez, Salah, Jota, Gakpo. Insane. 

Those are the levels we are dealing with at the top of the league. 

Rogers, Bailey, Watkins, Duran, Ramsey, Philogene is not that much worse than them. Philogene maybe the weak link but could potentially be a hit if things click for him.

• Confused 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â