Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

On 22/08/2024 at 18:41, duke313 said:

Selling your best player and two starting CBs in the same window is insane. Imagine we sold Bailey, Pau and Konsa in the same window, would that be good business?

Yeah but we are trying to progress. Palace are just trying to tread water. They are happy with 12th and no cup runs every season. They are probably looking at the three teams that came up and realizing that even 35 points will be enough to stay up this season. They can get some loans to plug gaps in the squad. 

Viktor Gyökeres with a hattrick so far tonight. He has 6 in 3 now. Wonder if Arsenal or someone else will pony up before the window closes.

54 minutes ago, useless said:

People talking about West Ham and Fulham, but if Kadıoğlu and O'Riley deals go ahead, Brighton will have spent around £200m.

Yep it's basically gone totally unnoticed. They won't keep buying good players, eventually they'll sign a bunch of duds. It will be interesting to see what happens then. For now they should have enough this season to get back in the top ten, might need Ferguson to get back to top form. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

People talking about West Ham and Fulham, but if Kadıoğlu and O'Riley deals go ahead, Brighton will have spent around £200m.

Brighton needed to be signing all these player last summer. They got injuries and in the end had a very thin squad trying to compete in prem and Europa and it got too much for them after xmas.

Matt O'Riley is exactly the sort they sign but not sure why they signed Rutter aswell as it's two players for one position and if Evan Ferguson gets firing then Joao Pedro will most likely just play as support striker.

Guessing they'll loan Enciso out on deadline day as hard to see him getting minutes.

Andersen for 30m is one of the bargains of the summer by today's prices, West Ham should've signed him instead of paying 40m for Kilman. Palace really can't afford to sell Guehi so imagine they'll just keep rejecting bids by Newcastle.

Posted (edited)

Really hope Osimhen ends up at PSG rather than Chelsea. And I really hope we don't play the useful idiots in facilitation a Chelsea move by taking on any of their players so they can fit him in. Their benefit would almost certainly be bigger than ours in such a scenario.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

Really hope Osimhen ends up at PSG rather than Chelsea. And I really hope we don't play the useful idiots in facilitation a Chelsea move by taking on any of their players so they can fit him in. Their benefit would almost certainly be bigger than ours in such a scenario.

Dunno how they're managing to do so well to spend so much on strikers who then don't score in the pub league that they dominate 

Icardi, muani, ramos paid about £8m a league goal for them lot 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Barco gone out on loan to Sevilla

Looked out of his depth when I saw him for Brighton 

Kadioglu close to joining

Also being linked to hummels here 

Barco is too lightweight. Needs to bulk up a little for the league. I remember the people hyping them up because he’s great on FIFA. I like Brighton and how they recruit, they also get way too much hype every year without doing that much. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Barco is too lightweight. Needs to bulk up a little for the league. I remember the people hyping them up because he’s great on FIFA. I like Brighton and how they recruit, they also get way too much hype every year without doing that much. 

The Barco hype last season was bizarre. He had barely played for Boca but because he was an FM hero people assumed was nailed on elite signing

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Barco hype last season was bizarre. He had barely played for Boca but because he was an FM hero people assumed was nailed on elite signing

Think it was more the £6m release clause attached to that hype

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Every pundit. Every show. Every week.

"I can't understand why nobody is in for Toney. Chelsea. City. United. Arsenal."

1. He's a dickhead.

2. He obviously wants too much money.

3. You ain't spending 250k a week to be on the bench while your man earns more and starts.

4. He's a dickhead.

5. And finally, he's a dickhead.

Like it's pretty obvious why nobody is signing him. Why not just say it?

It was reported that Arteta and Edu met him and thought he had a rotten attitude. Media doesnt seem to be mentioning this meeting as they have fallen for Toney for some reason

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

"I can't understand why nobody is in for Toney. Chelsea. City. United. Arsenal."

1. He's a dickhead.

3. You ain't spending 250k a week to be on the bench while your man earns more and starts.

4. He's a dickhead.

Toney just screams a bit Collymore to me. Just something about his personality and I think he's a bit limited if you're playing a more patient style. He's better with a more direct team pinging quick balls up to the penalty area.

Mbuemo is a better fit for the top teams, younger and very good in a counter attacking system or slower build up.

I imagine most serious clubs wouldn't bet on Toney having learnt from his mistakes so it's an obvious risk he's going to do something moronic again. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sne said:

I imagine most serious clubs wouldn't bet on Toney having learnt from his mistakes so it's an obvious risk he's going to do something moronic again. 

But Toney will, that's at odds on 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

1. He's a dickhead.

4. He's a dickhead.

There’s a reason Solanke got the big money move this summer and Toney didn’t

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â