Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

30 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Ramsdale possibly going to Wolves on loan, not sure he is better than Jose Sa but maybe Mendes is taking his clients away from there now.

Wolves will sell anyone they can get money for. Would make sense if theyre cashing in on Sa and getting Ramsdale in on a loan. 

Fosun in asset stripping mode it seems.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

felix to chelsea

berge to fulham

rutter to brighton

some bad transfers about for clubs that are up there with us

Rutter impressed me the few times I saw him last season 

25 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Rutter impressed me the few times I saw him last season 

I don't necessarily think it's a bad transfer because of him I think it's a bad transfer because of who they already have and what they need

Their best player is their 10, Pedro, they have mitoma and minteh out wide so they're sorted there too

33 year old 6 goal a season Danny welbeck plays as the 9...

They needed a proper striker, Duran for example, that's not Rutter, it's a huge amount of money for someone who I don't think fits with what they already have 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't necessarily think it's a bad transfer because of him I think it's a bad transfer because of who they already have and what they need

Their best player is their 10, Pedro, they have mitoma and minteh out wide so they're sorted there too

They needed a proper striker, Duran for example, that's not Rutter, it's a huge amount of money for someone who I don't think fits with what they already have 

Will either be a roaring success or a total flop I reckon, no middle ground.

Could go either way, definitely has talent but unsure on level of consistency and mentality.

Whenever I saw Leeds last season Rutter looked very good, like that level was too easy for him almost, Leeds fans gutted that they've lost him, obviously he had played at a higher level previously, but I don't think that alone accounts for how good he suddenly became last season, seems Farke converted him to more of a No.10 and that brought the best out in him. £40m is a big fee, seems too much, but at the same time, I woudn't be surprised if he outperforms Summerville at Premier League level and Brighton end up selling him on for a profit

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's fair. They probably did need a striker instead unless they can make Pedro more prolific. A bit like Arsenal signing Havertz when they needed a 9.

But as a player Rutter looks good to me, strong and carries the ball well, a bit like Rogers.

Edited by villan95

Pedro can and often does play as the main striker and that's probably the longer-term plan with Rutter in No.10 role. Wellbeck about to turn 34, so will start becoming more of a back-up option than he has been

23 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Yeah that's fair. They probably did need a striker instead unless they can make Pedro more prolific. A bit like Arsenal signing Havertz when they needed a 9.

But as a player Rutter looks good to me, strong and carries the ball well, a bit like Rogers.

Think they are pinning the hopes on Ferguson who had a stop start season last time

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think they are pinning the hopes on Ferguson who had a stop start season last time

Oh yeah I actually forgot about him! He was the next big thing 12 months ago

9 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Ramsdale possibly going to Wolves on loan, not sure he is better than Jose Sa but maybe Mendes is taking his clients away from there now.

He's an Albion fan and has a bit of history with their fans so they're not happy. 

Broja to Ipswich on loan and £30 mill permanent if they stay up. 

That seems alot for Broja considering he hasn't looked good since injury. 

Promoted clubs taking on risky deals like this is suicidal. I mean what if they stay up and he doesn't even play or gets injured its crazy. 

Wolves also in talks to sign Dara O'Shea who played for Albion. Apparently their owners only giving them £20m to spend, despite raising close to £100m from Kilman and Neto sales, which is why they're looking to sell Sa - I think he's linked with move to Saudi, and loan in Ramsdale

4 hours ago, KAZZAM said:

Broja to Ipswich on loan and £30 mill permanent if they stay up. 

That seems alot for Broja considering he hasn't looked good since injury. 

Promoted clubs taking on risky deals like this is suicidal. I mean what if they stay up and he doesn't even play or gets injured its crazy. 

The perm deal is contingent on them agreeing personal terms next summer so it's not a done deal. Makes it a decent way to get him off Chelsea on loan by putting an Obligation that allows you to offer him 5k a week if you don't want him

Eight league goals in 66 games for Broja, if you need goals to stay up he ain’t it. Still 22 though. But that fee if they stay up is ridiculous. He’s nowhere near worth that. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â