Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Do you know it's 2024?

Yeah, 6 year contract to someone who turns 27 in a couple weeks is a big commitment

• Like 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I thought he said if he didn't sign for a top team he'd retire??

@GarethRDR 

Ooft. 😅

I have no idea why the club is so dead set on replacing Terraciano, you'd think after trying with four different keepers and coming back to him every time that that'd be a clue. Especially when there's an entire midfield that needs filling. Bonkers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c0jp18lpyz4o

Liverpool have agreed a deal to sell Fabio Carvalho to Brentford in a move worth £27.5m including add-ons.

The Reds have also negotiated a 17.5% sell-on clause as part of the deal, which is believed to be for an initial fee of about £20m.

Really good signing for Brentford IMO - been impressed with Fabio Carvalho most times I've seen him play..

4 hours ago, sne said:

Yeah, 6 year contract to someone who turns 27 in a couple weeks is a big commitment

Just a PSR move as we have become used to.

4 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

West Ham signing Wan-Bissaka next. I'm honestly impressed with the squad West Ham are building, I think they have real potential to be a top six side next season. Getting the deals done. 

I dont. Wouldn't be surprised if missed the top 10

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

West Ham signing Wan-Bissaka next. I'm honestly impressed with the squad West Ham are building, I think they have real potential to be a top six side next season. Getting the deals done. 

I think they'll be better but in truth AWB isn't very good and west ham were also linked with mazroui who could now be going to utd

Andersen off to Fulham for 20 million. With Guehi and Olise going too are Palace a team that might struggle especially as expectations were high about how the season ended

Edited by Zatman

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Andersen off to Fulham for 20 million. With Guehi and Olise going too are Palace a team that might struggle especially as expectations were high about how the season ended

Wonder if Eze will stay.

18 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

They were 8 points off United in 9th last season. I expect more of the same. Destined to be mid again. 

Other than Todibo, West Ham signings don't look all that remarkable to me, I doubt the others would get a top six move. But they seem to be a club who's signings always get overrated and as a result are tipped to do well, more often than not they don't, even when they had a couple of good seasons with Moyes it was more about his style of play hustling them wins rather than them having a bunch of note worthy players

West Ham didnt lose anyone of note though and have supplemented their squad well. Decent manager and no Europe to contend with this seaso . I think they’ll do well. Similar with Newcastle.

Think Fulham will be a surprise package too. Brighton not too sure on, but really like the look of that kid they took off Newcastle. 

• Like 1

West Ham not losing anyone of note doesn't really mean anything, because they weren't a particularly good team to begin with, they finished nineth, and were closer to the likes of Eveton and Brentford than top four, they were eleven poinIs off top six, looking at their squad from last season, other than Kudas, Paqueta, and maybe Bowen I doubt any of their players would be wanted by a top team

Stoke twice, Bournemouth, Leicester three times, Sheffield United, Leeds United, and Brentford have all finished nineth in the last nine seasons, other than Brentford, all those teams ended up getting relegated, and Brenford could go the same way as their nineth finish was the season before last, not saying they will be relegated in the coming seasons, point is finishing nineth isn't indicative of a team that's going to do well just because they haven't sold any of their better players, and as above I don't think their new signings will propel them into the lofty heights

The thing most likely to improve them, is probably the manager,  but I doubt it will be enough to turn them into serious top six challengers, they will probably finish top half, but at the same time looking at the table as an whole, there aren't many teams I could say with confidence that they will finish above, and just as Lopetegui could improve them, he could just as well end up falling out with the board and not lasting the season

Edited by useless

I thought zouma was going to Saudi and paqueta was facing a ban?

They've had a good summer but the manager appointment will be the biggest difference and I'm not sure they'll make the required jump, they'll be a decent teams and get some good results though 

Not looking forward to facing them away first, they'll be full of optimism

55 minutes ago, useless said:

West Ham not losing anyone of note doesn't really mean anything, because they weren't a particularly good team to begin with, they finished nineth, and were closer to the likes of Eveton and Brentford than top four, they were eleven poinIs off top six, looking at their squad from last season, other than Kudas, Paqueta, and maybe Bowen I doubt any of their players would be wanted by a top team

Stoke twice, Bournemouth, Leicester three times, Sheffield United, Leeds United, and Brentford have all finished nineth in the last nine seasons, other than Brentford, all those teams ended up getting relegated, and Brenford could go the same way as their nineth finish was the season before last, not saying they will be relegated in the coming seasons, point is finishing nineth isn't indicative of a team that's going to do well just because they haven't sold any of their better players, and as above I don't think their new signings will propel them into the heavenly heights where we and  have soared

The thing most likely to improve them, is probably the manager,  but I doubt it will be enough to turn them into serious top six challengers, they will probably finish top half, but at the same time looking at the table as an whole, there aren't many teams I could say with confidence that they will finish above, and just as Lopetegui could improve them, he could just as well end up falling out with the board and not lasting the season

Their average squad age is now 28.5 - their strikeforce have a combined age of 97. They signed a journeyman midfielder who nobody else touched after his Barca deal fell through - aged 30 also. There are 10 names in the squad 30 or older, Soucek and JWP are 29 and so is Zouma (but you can discount him if he leaves soon).

They've got a good manager now, but not at all convinced by the likes of Kilman, and they've spent £20m on a Brazilan lad who is 18. Wouldn't say they've had a great summer.

I still think one of their better players is Alvarez in midfield. Tobido looks good business but I've not seen that much to be impressed by with Summerville. Spending a lot to guarantee mid table is a look for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

West Ham didnt lose anyone of note though and have supplemented their squad well. Decent manager and no Europe to contend with this seaso . I think they’ll do well. Similar with Newcastle.

Think Fulham will be a surprise package too. Brighton not too sure on, but really like the look of that kid they took off Newcastle. 

I Would argue despite his limitations that Moyes is a better manager than Lopetegui

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â