Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

65m for Solanke.

The Bournemouth CEO must have thought he was having a fever dream when that bid came in.

Liverpool also have a 20% sell on clause apparently, so they will get 13m of it.

Edited by MaVilla

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I don't see the issue with Solanke for 65m. We'd be wanting above 80 for Watkins.

He's been steadily improving for the past 3 years, and scored 19 goals last season. The last 10 players to score more than that in a single season are:

Haaland

Toney

Kane

Son

Salah

Sterling

Ings

Aubameyang

Vardy

Aguero

He's 26 years old and English. Spurs signed Richarlison for 60m just 2 years prior ffs.

Solanke is a sign Spurs have a lot of money to spend IMO. It's an expensive signing for immediate impact.

Have to say it's a good signing. Not one I'd want us to make for £65m it's costing, but good.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Solanke is a sign Spurs have a lot of money to spend IMO. It's an expensive signing for immediate impact.

Have to say it's a good signing. Not one I'd want us to make for £65m it's costing, but good.

To put it into perspective, we've never had a player in the last 32 years of our history score more goals in a season than Solanke did. We've had just 3 who have merely equaled that tally, one of them being Ollie Watkins in the same season, over whom we'd be absolutely livid if we sold for 65m.

He'd fit their system under Ange to an absolute tee, he's quite possibly the ideal signing for them. It'll all be moot if they don't sign a left winger, but just from that you can tell they mean business.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

People surprised by this fee not paying attention to market for several years

You say that, but it puts him comfortably in the top 40 most expensive transfers of all time.

I’m not convinced that’s “the market”. 

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

You say that, but it puts him comfortably in the top 40 most expensive transfers of all time.

I’m not convinced that’s “the market”. 

Everyone laughed at Bournemouth paying £27 million for him several years ago 

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

To put it into perspective, we've never had a player in the last 32 years of our history score more goals in a season than Solanke did. We've had just 3 who have merely equaled that tally, one of them being Ollie Watkins in the same season, over whom we'd be absolutely livid if we sold for 65m.

He'd fit their system under Ange to an absolute tee, he's quite possibly the ideal signing for them. It'll all be moot if they don't sign a left winger, but just from that you can tell they mean business.

Son will just go back to playing on the left.

Solanke did well last year, felt it was all clicking. However he's one of those that takes so many touches in the box before getting his shot away so I wonder how well he'll do in tighter games where chances are more scarce and you need your CF to be ultra clinical like Kane obviously was for them.

I think he'll be like Brennan Johnson was last season, scored some important goals but his overall game wasn't decisive enough in the run in.

Watkins is proven at the top level over a number of year, Solanke might do well at Spurs, but also last season could be a one off, it was the only season he scored more than six goals in the Premier League, bearing mind he's had five seasons at that level, and turns 27 this year, so not as if he was super young in any of those PL campaigns either, so the price is a big risk, at the end of last season I was thinking Bournemouth could capitalize and get more than he's worth, I was thinking thirty to fourty million, wasn't expecting sixty plus, Bournemouth must now spend the money very wisely

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Everyone laughed at Bournemouth paying £27 million for him several years ago 

And they were right to laugh 😉

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â