Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

1 minute ago, Daveburnside said:

Gives me Weghorst vibes

It'll be interesting if he can translate his goals here. I think he might struggle to replicate it but maybe get 5-10.

Their strikeforce of Antonio, Ings and Fullkrug have a combined age of 97.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, sne said:

Nicholas Pepe has signed for Villarreal on a free.

I doubt his four agents got the £5m each they blagged out of arsenal this time. It was a transfer that had all the same vibed as all the trollop we signed from Belgium. 

€75m for Julian Alvarez??? Crazy price if true. 

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It'll be interesting if he can translate his goals here. I think he might struggle to replicate it but maybe get 5-10.

Bowen will probably play more central as can't be relying on the first two for another season.

As said it's really odd at West Ham. Let Moyes go and yet they're continuing to sign players over 30 which apparently was the contention with the DOF last summer when Moyes demanded Ward Prowse over younger targets.

Edited by VillaChris

29 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Utd out of race for Ugarte as too expensive - so they’ll pay double that in 2 weeks 

I thought they just wanted him on a year's loan?

PSG will certainly let him go as they've just signed Joao Neves for 60m.

6 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bowen will probably play more central as can't be relying on the first two for another season.

As said it's really odd at West Ham. Let Moyes go and yet they're continuing to sign players over 30 which apparently was the contention with the DOF last summer when Moyes demanded Ward Prowse over younger targets.

The DOF worked with Fullkrug before might have even re-signed him at Werder

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They are signing an Argentinian midfielder on a free - whilst very experienced is now 30. They might have signed some young names but their overall strategy is baffling. 

12 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's true, plus even more in add-ons. It's a lot of money for a player that has only really shown flashes. 

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

They are signing an Argentinian midfielder on a free - whilst very experienced is now 30. They might have signed some young names but their overall strategy is baffling. 

I'd have taken Guido Rodriguez on a free to cover Kamara but wages probably didn't work out with FFP as we were probably offered him.

Not sure where he's going to play with all of Alvarez, JWP and Soucek still around. They're not in Europe either so less rotation than last few years.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

It's true, plus even more in add-ons. It's a lot of money for a player that has only really shown flashes. 

sky saying £82m deal

madness, good player but still madness

I think Alvarez is a decent player, but considering Man City bought him for £14m, I really don't think he's done enough to warrant his value growing by like £50-60m or whatever it is. 

16 hours ago, villa89 said:

I doubt his four agents got the £5m each they blagged out of arsenal this time. It was a transfer that had all the same vibed as all the trollop we signed from Belgium. 

Is it?  When you have Havertz, Nunez going for similar prices, seems to be the going rate.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2024 at 19:51, The_Steve said:

Isn't the thing about Fullkrug that he scores quite a few but his movement isn't great? So could imagine a season where he posts good numbers but the team struggle. 

2 hours ago, Tayls said:

Watkins must be worth in excess of £100m then.

Yep. Very amusing (and disrespectful to what he's achieved in last 12 months) when press link him to Arsenal and Liverpool for 50m, wouldn't buy his right toe.

He also has three years left on his deal.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Isn't the thing about Fullkrug that he scores quite a few but his movement isn't great? So could imagine a season where he posts good numbers but the team struggle. 

He is more of an old school battering ram striker that isn't so common now. His career record is not that impressive until he got to his late 20s 

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is more of an old school battering ram striker that isn't so common now. His career record is not that impressive until he got to his late 20s 

Is he more of a Shearer or more of a Heskey?

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â