Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

Just now, theboyangel said:

I’m predicting underwhelming performances 

I don't know enough about him tbh, his stats don't suggest he's about to break out in to a 20 goal a season striker but that he could play his part in a good attacking unit

40 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't know enough about him tbh, his stats don't suggest he's about to break out in to a 20 goal a season striker but that he could play his part in a good attacking unit

It’s more the fact that ManUre have recently sapped all the potential out of their new signings (and their existing squad haven’t done much either) 

it’s more out of hope that ManUre continue in this poor slump (by their standards!) 

• Like 2

Fulham had bid rejected for Smith Rowe by Arsenal.

We've only got about 80 left footed players on our books currently so room for him...

Edited by VillaChris

Seems like its been a quiet window for most teams apart from us and Chelsea. Not a good idea to leave your business until late in the window. Well run clubs get it done early. 

Osimhen about to sign for PSG in a massive deal. That might kickstart the summer transfer circus.

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

United signing Leny Yoro from Lille, they're massively overpaying what Real were prepared to pay though.

When do they not? :D 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

Strange that they're prepared to pay so much for him but not Branthwaite.

Everton are rumoured to want in excess of £75m for Branthwaite.  Yoro (arguably higher ceiling) for £50m is a fair bit cheaper.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Todibo to West Ham is interesting.

Cynic in me thinks United using West Ham as a go between and he joins United at end of window or in January

Not personally convinced he will be that good in England

40 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Everton are rumoured to want in excess of £75m for Branthwaite.  Yoro (arguably higher ceiling) for £50m is a fair bit cheaper.

Hard to say who has the higher ceiling, Branthwaite is pretty highly rated himself.  Yoro looked okay when we played Lille, was he not bullied off the ball by Watkins in one of the games? 

Still think it's a strange signing from United, he only has 12 months left on his contract, so are paying double now so he doesn't go to Madrid.

It's kind of similar to the Hojlund deal, paying big money for potential, but is he gonna improve them now?

9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Hard to say who has the higher ceiling, Branthwaite is pretty highly rated himself.  Yoro looked okay when we played Lille, was he not bullied off the ball by Watkins in one of the games? 

Still think it's a strange signing from United, he only has 12 months left on his contract, so are paying double now so he doesn't go to Madrid.

It's kind of similar to the Hojlund deal, paying big money for potential, but is he gonna improve them now?

It is hard, that’s true. Branthwaite has 4 years on him, mind, even if 22 is no real age. (FWIW, I don’t really remember us bullying Lille at any point - they were better than us in both games).

The second paragraph is probably exactly why they’ve moved. He’s a talent being linked with the biggest clubs in Europe. I remember a Lille fan coming on here and speaking very highly of Yoro, saying he wouldn’t stick around and would be going to Madrid.

Would he improve them now? Probably, yes. He’s basically replacing Varane or Lindelof and is likely better than Maguire already 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It is hard, that’s true. Branthwaite has 4 years on him, mind, even if 22 is no real age. (FWIW, I don’t really remember us bullying Lille at any point - they were better than us in both games).

The second paragraph is probably exactly why they’ve moved. He’s a talent being linked with the biggest clubs in Europe. I remember a Lille fan coming on here and speaking very highly of Yoro, saying he wouldn’t stick around and would be going to Madrid.

Would he improve them now? Probably, yes. He’s basically replacing Varane or Lindelof and is likely better than Maguire already 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's going to be funny watching United fans if he doesn't hit the ground running, he's only 17/18 so will likely not have an instant impact.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Pretty sure people on here were more impressed by his defensive partner over the 2 games than Yoro who was also a youngster

He might be better eventually than Varane but United is probably not a safe environment for a young player to play and develop

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Pretty sure people on here were more impressed by his defensive partner over the 2 games than Yoro who was also a youngster

He might be better eventually than Varane but United is probably not a safe environment for a young player to play and develop

If they get de ligt in too it could be

Surprised they're not in for todibo but I can still see them getting 2 CBs in 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â