Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Man. United need to sell Rashford to afford him as Napoli will be demanding 70-80m at least.

Hard to find someone willing to take on that monster contract given given how little effort he put in last season. United will be stuck with him. 

I don't think United will sign a striker, they spent 80m on hoijland last summer. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Only £30m in the end, for an 18 year old with an entire year of starting at Championship level, (50+ first team appearances!) who's also making appearances for the England U21, nothing at all dodgy about that, not sure I'd have even raised eyebrows at 40m tbh 

Rodon went the other way for 10m, so could say it was 40m for Gray.

Obviously, the nasty evil method that we used to launder players, as per newspapers, but nothing said when Spurs do it ofc.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I don't think it's reasonable at all to suspect that this is some PSR shenanigans, it's not some dead wood that Leeds have no use for, he was on loan there last season and played 40+ games :D 

£10m for a solid but unremarkable Championship player with a year left on their contract? There's nothing suspect about that at all.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Yep, a shame - as we've gone backwards (lost our best CM, and brought in Barkley and a random) and Spurs have got better. 

Gray has looked quality every time I've seen him. 

Is this like that time in January they stormed past us with ambition for loaning Timo Werner and we signed a reserve in Morgan Rogers

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Yep, a shame - as we've gone backwards (lost our best CM, and brought in Barkley and a random) and Spurs have got better. 

Gray has looked quality every time I've seen him. 

It’s only 2 July. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The Athletic today posted an unbelievably long article about how Ivan Toney is world-class and worth at least 300 million. That sub for England was quite lucrative it seems.

I'm not sure if your post was hyperbole which went over my head, or if you're talking about a different article, but this was the very long article on Toney's valuation, and I wouldn't say any of it is outrageous tbh

https://archive.ph/20240702041737/https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5436108/2024/07/02/ivan-toney-transfer-brentford-summer/#selection-1629.0-1637.176

Figures of £100million ($126.7m) have been mentioned, but can Brentford demand such a high fee when he could be available as a free agent this time next summer? Or is that the right price for a striker who is a consistent goalscorer at Premier League level and has now shown he can make an impact on international football, too?

but a report emerged in April which suggested he could be available for between £30million and £40m this summer.
“Normally, I don’t go into these price labels,” Frank said a few days later while trying to hide his irritation. “But I would say that is very cheap for a 20-goal striker in the Premier League.”

“If he had three years left on his contract, he is a £100million player. If you allow for some kind of discount, he is worth £75m to £80m. If I was holding the purse strings at Arsenal or Chelsea, I would be comfortable paying that price and saying we have got fair value. Manchester United paid £64m for (Rasmus) Hojlund (last summer) and Toney is worth more than that.”

I think his poor return since coming back this season make those figures a bit questionable, but not completely bonkers.

He's shown he can do it, but he's 28 and has had 1 good PL season and 1 great season.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm not sure if your post was hyperbole which went over my head, or if you're talking about a different article, but this was the very long article on Toney's valuation, and I wouldn't say any of it is outrageous tbh

https://archive.ph/20240702041737/https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5436108/2024/07/02/ivan-toney-transfer-brentford-summer/#selection-1629.0-1637.176

I think his poor return since coming back this season make those figures a bit questionable, but not completely bonkers.

He's shown he can do it, but he's 28 and has had 1 good PL season and 1 great season.

and 1 Vegas Season.

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Archie Gray for upwards of £30m and Joe Rodon. Shame he went to Spurs. 

Quietly accumulating their own little group of talented youngsters as they also signed Lucas Bergvall 😭

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Archie Gray for upwards of £30m and Joe Rodon. Shame he went to Spurs. 

We should show Spurs fans the video of McGinn injuring him. 

Just so they know it's  not just be Matty Cash that's capable of taking out their players and thus making them cry for the best part of a year.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

May have been some hyperbole. Just annoying how people always put laser focus on very few minutes played at these tournaments. Mediocre players having a couple of good games get sold for a fortune. I’m happy as long as Villa don’t overpay for someone who made a nice pass in one game or other.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villa89 said:

Hard to find someone willing to take on that monster contract given given how little effort he put in last season. United will be stuck with him. 

I don't think United will sign a striker, they spent 80m on hoijland last summer. 

They need depth if he gets injured. Zirkee of Bologna been linked but bit odd they're going for another early 20s CF from Seria A who's only really had one top level season.

5 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Quietly accumulating their own little group of talented youngsters as they also signed Lucas Bergvall 😭

Then proceed to not play them and release them after 4/5 years. See: Jack Clarke, Ryan Sessegnon, Joe Rodon (ironically involved in this deal), Djed Spence etc.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Obviously, the nasty evil method that we used to launder players, as per newspapers, but nothing said when Spurs do it ofc.

Spurs still got the 100m from Kane so they're loaded currently although as usual will probably miss the opportunity to spend when they're in a decent position compared to other teams.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs still got the 100m from Kane so they're loaded currently although as usual will probably miss the opportunity to spend when they're in a decent position compared to other teams.

Their FFP leeway to spend compared to us (and pretty much every team) is insane. Levy holding back all these years while paying off that stadium has left them in the perfect position to challenge, but as usual he'll probably pass up the opportunity.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Looks like the Palhinha to Bayern story is finally coming to an end. €46m + bonuses. 

Just waiting for Fulham to turn to Weston McKennie now...

Sounds like the end of goretzka, not completely sure why but he's properly fallen out with the club 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Sounds like the end of goretzka, not completely sure why but he's properly fallen out with the club 

Will be linked to Barca any second now without the articles mentioning how Barca are going to fund it.

Â