Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

He was pretty important to them securing promotion. 

It would be similar to us signing Tammy Abraham when we came up. 

Equivalent to the Mings signing you could say.  Same amount too.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

'Newcastle insist he will not leave now' is probably more accurate. From reading The Athletic piece on the panic at Newcastle this past week, it sounds like they considered selling every player at one point or another. I think they were banking on someone paying Guimaraes' release clause and scrambled when it became clear that wouldn't be happening. Apparently they still may be a little over the limit. 

16 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Omari Hutchinson to Ipswich for €26m

Taking the piss

He was brilliant for Ipswich last season and I think Napoli were looking to sign him.

It's what you have to do to stay up now, try and get as many of the decent loan players you had signed up permanently.

Burnley went down because they couldn't get any of Maatsen, Harwood-Bellis or Tella to return to play for them in the prem and then they signed a whole team of randoms.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Man. United need to sell Rashford to afford him as Napoli will be demanding 70-80m at least.

Only PSG are mad enough to buy Rashford and I don’t even think they are that mad anymore.

He’ll be at United until he has 12 months left on his current long term deal at least.

22 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

But this is cheating!!!…… 😏

Only £30m in the end, for an 18 year old with an entire year of starting at Championship level, (50+ first team appearances!) who's also making appearances for the England U21, nothing at all dodgy about that, not sure I'd have even raised eyebrows at 40m tbh 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Only PSG are mad enough to buy Rashford and I don’t even think they are that mad anymore.

He’ll be at United until he has 12 months left on his current long term deal at least.

Never underestimate the madness of Barcelona when they pull some financial levera for the 2123/2124 season to afford him

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Archie Gray for upwards of £30m and Joe Rodon. Shame he went to Spurs. 

Yep, a shame - as we've gone backwards (lost our best CM, and brought in Barkley and a random) and Spurs have got better. 

Gray has looked quality every time I've seen him. 

Â