Summer Transfers 2024

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

To me it's more than with PSR and FFP there's supposedly no money in the PL, everyone has to think about what they're doing and being sensible...

And then in the last week forest are spunking £35m on a back up, Brighton £30m and Brentford tried to sign an 18 year old for £35m

The spending is still out of control bordering on insanity 

The league is hastingly not drafting a new email about this as speak.

12 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Chelsea buying Dewsbury-Hall for £30 million. Decent player, but nowhere near worth that much. Crazy times we livin in. 

Guessing he's sort of Gallagher's replacement? Will never play if Gallagher stays though.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Guessing he's sort of Gallagher's replacement? Will never play if Gallagher stays though.

They needed another CM anyway even with Gallagher 

Casadei played a bit last year but almost like a late sub to save legs, they've got that Brazilian who had a bad loan at forest but he won't make it, not sure about the 300 other youngsters but there's no depth there 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

They needed another CM anyway even with Gallagher 

Casadei played a bit last year but almost like a late sub to save legs, they've got that Brazilian who had a bad loan at forest but he won't make it, not sure about the 300 other youngsters but there's no depth there 

Lavia basically injured all season. Even by Chelsea standards they haven't spent 50m on him just to be behind KDH in the pecking order.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lavia basically injured all season. Even by Chelsea standards they haven't spent 50m on him just to be behind KDH in the pecking order.

Forgot about him!

Their spending is insane it's hard to keep up, agree it be Enzo, caicedo, Gallagher, lavia, KDH to cover a midfield 3 with then kellyman, chuk, the Brazilian kid, casadei as back up 

You can argue if they sell Gallagher they might still need another 

• Like 1

Dewsbury-Hall is a strange signing for Chelsea, he was one of the best players in the Championship last season, but that's been his only standout season in his whole career and it was in the second tier, he turns 26 this year too, so not even as if he's a youngster, last summer when Leicester were relegated he was one of the players their fans weren't worried about losing because of the idea that not many teams would want him because of his average at best performances at PL level, shows what a good season in the Championship can do for a players rep

5 hours ago, Xela said:

I've never even heard of Elliot Anderson!

Played over 20 times last season including against us. If Kellyman is worth 19 mil then the price for Anderson is fair enough I guess. I think the general trend of young, unproven players going for minimum 10-20 million is going to have a real detrimental effect on the transfer market eventually though. It doesn't feel sustainable. 

• Like 2

Newcastle have taken a 30 year old GK from Forest in return for the Anderson transfer. 

I'm guessing he will be bought for 10-12mill(bought for 7mill last summer) 

Making the real fee for Elliot Anderson approx 27.5mill. But obviously wrote up in a way both teams cheese PSR. 

6 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

Chelsea buying Dewsbury-Hall for £30 million. Decent player, but nowhere near worth that much. Crazy times we livin in. 

Baffling deal. Especially for that price. Former Leicester manager helping them with PSR. No need to query further. 

5 hours ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

I think the general trend of young, unproven players going for minimum 10-20 million is going to have a real detrimental effect on the transfer market eventually though. It doesn't feel sustainable. 

I think it's a fad to be honest. Clubs are now trying to find young players who are cheaper and have high upside. They think their scouts can find the new Phil foden or cole palmer and get a top quality player with plenty of years left in him for cheap. If it doesn't work out you will still have a resale price and a player not on huge wages. 

Clubs are moving away from ending up with coutinho or casemiro type transfers. High wages, no resale value, hard to get rid of, no guarantee their experience will mean they are any good. 

14 hours ago, useless said:

Dewsbury-Hall is a strange signing for Chelsea, he was one of the best players in the Championship last season, but that's been his only standout season in his whole career and it was in the second tier, he turns 26 this year too, so not even as if he's a youngster, last summer when Leicester were relegated he was one of the players their fans weren't worried about losing because of the idea that not many teams would want him because of his average at best performances at PL level, shows what a good season in the Championship can do for a players rep

Drinkwater all over again

• Like 1

Â