USA Tour: Club América - August 3 22:30

Just now, duke313 said:

We’re literally missing our three best players.

I know. We're likely to miss key players in important games. 

I'm not overly concerned. I understand pre season. I was just hoping this was the game things started to come together. We don't look any closer than 2 games ago. 

I'm proud of their starter finishing against our 4th GK choice, that should really help them again not win Liga MX or Concacaf CL or Leagues Cup, but should put them in for the Johnstone Paints quarterfinals.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Results don't matter. Performances to some extent do. It's been really bad thoughtout this tour. 

Huge season ahead and we look awful. 

It's right to be concerned about performances. Don't care if we lose every game if we still look cohesive. We won every game under Gerrard but looked like shit, and then the season started and people were doing the surprised Pikachu face.

• Like 2

Just now, Herman22 said:

I feel sorry for anyone playing this second half. 

We currently have no centre back on the pitch. Very hard to do much without a solid base. 

Didn’t you listen to Emery? We’re absolutely fine at CB, loads of depth, no problems at all 😏

Hardly surprising when you have Digne and Donk at CB, a bunch of new/fringe players and two coming back from long-term injuries.

Shame we didn’t decide to go for a more settled lineup with this game. I know that’s not the point of these friendlies, but it’s not much fun playing shit and losing, is it?

Just now, AshVilla said:

There is no way we stay in the CL places next season if we play like this.

Top 7 will even be a stretch.

There's also no way we'll ever see this back 5 in a game next season

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

There is no one on Villa Talk more patient than me about this being preseason,  but if the Villa TV commentator reminds me one more time ... 🤬

its only 6 games in to pre season brother.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ginko said:

Hardly surprising when you have Digne and Donk at CB, a bunch of new/fringe players and two coming back from long-term injuries.

Shame we didn’t decide to go for a more settled lineup with this game. I know that’s not the point of these friendlies, but it’s not much fun playing shit and losing, is it?

First half was more settled. This half we actually look better.

Jokes aside.

The players really don't seem to have enjoyed this tour at all.

On the pitch at least.

I expect big improvement back in England.

From a Football play PR perspective though we haven't done ourselves any favours.

Hey at least some new ppl will know we exist.

Baby steps lol

We look like we are managed by Gerrard. Hopefully we can improve when everybody is back for the last two training matches, or else we would struggle against West Ham. 

• Thanks 1

Think this little run of games is more concerning than it otherwise would be because it's the basics that we've been awful at. It's not like you can say it's teething problems with the system, or the performance is fine but there isn't the competitive edge to get results etc, they've just been miles off it in terms of being being to control the ball and string more than a couple of passes together. Each of the three sides we've played have looked far ahead in that regard which would make you a bit uneasy even if it's too early to get carried away with it.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â