USA Tour: Club América - August 3 22:30

Posted (edited)

Club America are being very well coached and tactically disciplined, but sometimes their skills aren't quite Premier League level. Still, what a fantastic challenge for us! Super stoked about Bogarde and Gauci and Matsan -- and Archer seems on the verge of something but is probably going off now. REally interesting so far. We're beginning to see who will be key this year, and where we have question marks.

Nice to see some of the little cool things on the edge of the tour -- Benteke and Tielemans meeting up for that interview. So cool.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 4

Need to look after the ball better, and get our creative players into the game more, we're somewhat bypassing them by trying to play the killer pass too early. Nothing too concerning though, just a steady practice game

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grantholtgolazo said:

keep telling myself it’s preseason and means nought, but it’s been quite poor overall 

i hear lots of comments reminding everyone that its only pre season, but at some point surely were supposed to look sharp and ready?

very rusty, I think missing Luiz still 

Everything about Villa is too slow and ponderous. 

Torres and Onana’s passing, Cash’s tacking, archer’s runs.

Bailey and Rogers barely there

Mcginn, Bogarde, Tielemans been the highlight of the half 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

Just dipped in for 20 mins. Ouch.

McGinn on the left, please **** christ Unai, NO. That's a season killer. 

Archer doesn't want to be a Villa player. No drive.

Maatsen looks fat and slow.

Gauci doesn't look like a professional footballer.

Onana is much better than Luiz in that position for us.

CB, sub keeper, sub striker, McGinn RM or on the bench: We can scare the top 4 again.

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Just dipped in for 20 mins. Ouch.

McGinn on the left, please **** christ Unai, NO. That's a season killer. 

Archer doesn't want to be a Villa player. No drive.

Maatsen looks fat and slow.

Gauci doesn't look like a professional footballer.

Onana is much better than Luiz in that position for us.

CB, sub keeper, sub striker, McGinn RM or on the bench: We can scare the top 4 again.

Who'll be left mid? Ramsey needs to prove himself again, both in terms of fitness and form.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not properly replacing Luiz will be our undoing this season. Tielemans is just not that guy, and Onana is the signing you make if you had sold Kamara, not Luiz.

Give over with that nonsense. Luiz would’ve been shit in this game. He’d been kicked and muscled off the the ball everytime 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What I love about Ozzy is he's lived in the US for all those years and hasn't affected an American accent in the slightest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Who'll be left mid? Ramsey needs to prove himself again, both in terms of fitness and form.

Anyone.

Bailey, Ramsey, Buendia, Rogers, Iling-JR, Dobbin. Anyone except McGinn.

It kills him and we always struggle when McGinn isn't in the game.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Not properly replacing Luiz will be our undoing this season. Tielemans is just not that guy, and Onana is the signing you make if you had sold Kamara, not Luiz.

I think we’re fine tactically with how we’ve replaced him. Problem is we were never going to replace his intangibles which were a massive part of the squad. 

I think we look pretty dogshit tbh. 2 weeks out from the season opener and we lack any composure or cohesion. Still giving the ball away needlessly in midfield and unable to move the ball and retain possession. The backline looks poor, and Gauci and Archer are nowhere near the standard needed to deputise if required. 

Onana and Bogarde look decent but we look 4 weeks off being ready. Okay we have Watkins, Konsa and Martinez to return but they will have had virtually no pre season with new team mates either. I can't understand all the positivity when we look far from ready. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You lot are very depressing...

I'm cringe but you can come over and watch with me. I got beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

i hear lots of comments reminding everyone that its only pre season, but at some point surely were supposed to look sharp and ready?

When we don’t have 9 replacements at half.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, cheltenham_villa said:

In all honesty Luiz is often the one to lose the ball when we're being pressed and not really in the game. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â