USA Tour: Club América - August 3 22:30

4 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

Trying to work it until there is somewhere to go?

Nah but there are certain situations where it's obvious it's not going to work, and it goes as expected.

I obviously get playing out etc.

• Like 1

Once again we just seem unable to fashion genuine chances. I feel like Archer is pretty deadly when fed but just can't feed anything to the forwards. 

Just now, MaVilla said:

cash just runs away from players as they run towards the boxs, its maddening.

He is constantly pivoting and twisting like his pants are too tight.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I'm very impressed with Bogarde's poise. A bit of Pau rubbing off on him?

kenneth-williams-leespoons.gif

• Haha 2

As always you can't read too much into pre-season but this game has followed the previous two in terms of how unimpressive Villa have been. Have been completely unable to look after the ball properly thus far. A lot of rushed stuff in particular from Bailey and Rogers that is killing attacks.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I saw an interview with Emery where he discussed his preferred base formations.

he basically said, that he liked to play a 442 for underdog teams, as its more structured and defensively solid.

He said his preferred formations if he has the players (ie: good players), is a 433 or 4141, now, that may no longer be true as i guess people can change their mind, but the comments always stuck with me.

Ah fair enough. I still think it wouldn't be smart to change when it's worked so well. Maybe if there's a slump at some point that would be the right time to change. We're not a million miles away from a 4231 shape either with the way our second striker plays.

There is a lack of patience and purpose building from the back (miss you Emi) so it's causing us to get pinned back. That's why the long balls are working better.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once again we just seem unable to fashion genuine chances. I feel like Archer is pretty deadly when fed but just can't feed anything to the forwards. 

ye, tbh the whole of this US tour, we have lacked any real creativity or composure in the final third.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

As always you can't read too much into pre-season but this game has followed the previous two in terms of how unimpressive Villa have been. Have been completely unable to look after the ball properly thus far. A lot of rushed stuff in particular from Bailey and Rogers that is killing attacks.

This squad will be very different when Konsa, Emi and Watkins are back in it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

we just look very flat footed, tielemans had the ball then in the centre of the pitch, looked up and nobody was moving ahead of him.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â