USA Tour: Club América - August 3 22:30

t be brutally honest, im really surprised we are continuing with the 442 this season, i understood why we might do it early in Emery's reign, but now we have more Emery style players through the door etc, i did expect us to go to a different base formation.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Are this lot any good? We're certainly looking better than previous games. 

They will be taking this match very seriously. It's a big deal for Club America and their fans. Massive. I guarantee you that this match is on every taqueria telly in America right now.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

They will be taking this match very seriously. It's a big deal for Club America and their fans. Massive.

Is Liga MX giving a shit about getting ready for the League Cup? I'm not convinced.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

t be brutally honest, im really surprised we are continuing with the 442 this season, i understood why we might do it early in Emery's reign, but now we have more Emery style players through the door etc, i did expect us to go to a different base formation.

Why would we change when it's served us well for 18 months?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll never understand the purpose of passing around at the back corner when there is no where to go

Trying to work it until there is somewhere to go?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'll never understand the purpose of passing around at the back corner when there is no where to go

Ideally it invites pressure which means space opens up behind the defenders and you can push forward from there.

• Like 2

Just now, villan95 said:

Why would we change when it's served us well for 18 months?

I saw an interview with Emery where he discussed his preferred base formations.

he basically said, that he liked to play a 442 for underdog teams, as its more structured and defensively solid.

He said his preferred formations if he has the players (ie: good players), is a 433 or 4141, now, that may no longer be true as i guess people can change their mind, but the comments always stuck with me.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â