USA Tour: RB Leipzig - August 1 01:00

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Goalscorer gave Carlos a mouthful as he walked away from scoring - deserved a bit of a bash.

It didn't warrant a red card reaction, but Diego's brain was late to catch up with his brawn, as usual.

Another example of how he is too much of a liability for Villa and I expect the impetus to sell him just got a little nudge tonight.

FFS Diego.  Absolute gobshite.  A slap on the chest when you're already on a yellow is asking for trouble.  Even if there was VAR it would be hard to argue against that being a yellow.  Gobshite

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

We desperately need a top quality right sided defender whether RCB or RB, just a glaring issue for us.

Not sure if we could get him but Simakan for them is highly rated and can play both.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Well glad I stayed up to watch this……

At least i am watching it on tablet in bed - and dozing on and off as it's so dull. 😴😴  This American tour has been rubbish so far

• Like 1

Just now, Spawnsworth said:

FFS Diego.  Absolute gobshite.  A slap on the chest when you're already on a yellow is asking for trouble.  Even if there was VAR it would be hard to argue against that being a yellow.  Gobshite

I think with VAR that never gets given as a red - he's put a hand on his chest to stop him walking by.

It’s not like we’ve being playing a very weakened team either.

Cant draw too many conclusions but Cash is not good enough to be a starter for a Champions League club, Barkley looks unfit and slow. Illing jr looks levels below what’s needed. Actually thought Diego looked sharper earlier on than in the last games but to get a red card in a friendly is just a brain dead move.

Worrying with not a lot of time left before our first match.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I thought we looked sharper than we have in any pre-season game so far, especially early on

I've watched the whole thing and not sure what you are talking about

• Like 2

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

We should totally sneak on 11 for the second half btw. What they gonna do to punish us? Take away our visa's?

I have a Mastercard so I’m ok 😉

Iling-Junior has looked okay to me, reminds me of when an academy player first gets into the first team and at first is a little too scared to try anything beyond being safe, but hopefully as he gets more minutes will gain more confidence, but it's definitley way too early to judge him, same goes for Barkley, and that goes both ways too, can't get carried away with the players that have looked impressive, although have to say Onana has oozed impressivenss

1 minute ago, VillaJay said:

Poor half overall, but Barkley and Illing Junior look particularly poor. 

Pau Torres and Onana the best of a bad bunch.

Absolutely agree. Early days but both look miles off it  Illing Jr won’t feature much this season

stupid from Carlos but ref should have handled whole thing better

I’ve noticed how much we rely on VAR and without it in these friendlies we’ve conceded a couple that normally would be ruled out

A bad tour for us and doing little for confidence 

clearly need two or three class signings

1 minute ago, holtend4life said:

Diego gave up wanting to play from about thirty minutes in. Then it was just how many times he could have a 1v1 against Openda, and not in a footballing sense.

He’s been on social media all day with Seville fans so probably exhausted from that.

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

We should totally sneak on 11 for the second half btw. What they gonna do to punish us? Take away our visa's?

Might need to sneak on a few more than 11 to win this 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think with VAR that never gets given as a red - he's put a hand on his chest to stop him walking by.

It's a second yellow so VAR wouldn't get involved.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â